EQ Never

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Alpha comes out SOE 2015 game launches one year later.

Matrix plug in adapter comes out in 2017 and we all upload our minds into the "Sony Online Family" by 2020 forgoing our corporeal forms.

First world Society collapses by 2035.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Alpha comes out SOE 2015 game launches one year later.

Matrix plug in adapter comes out in 2017 and we all upload our minds into the "Sony Online Family" by 2020 forgoing our corporeal forms.

First world Society collapses by 2035.
I'm fine with this. As long as I can be muscular in the matrix.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
When did anyone say end of 2015? Officially there is no date. Holiday 2016; mark it.
Around jan/feb of last year couple peeps were saying 2015 is when they were aiming, doesnt mean its when it will come out. Ofcourse its not official, even the devs cant say with 100% certainty.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Depends on how much StationCash you can farm in Sony's online bitcoin mines.
Thats how he got strong, bruh. To his surprise though, the traits morphed him into a Dwarf.

I have to agree with Drae on this ~ This game, at its earliest, may be released late into the holiday season of 2016 but will most likely be released into 2017. Like someone else said, they havent had certain elements of Voxels figured out for that long and being preemptive in design would just be foolish. Water and Lava aspects were just implemented. That actual act of implementing that stuff isnt basic, but in terms of the overall completion of the game? Thats basic mechanics. Much less, the game would be really barren in terms of what they have discussed so far. Either way - I hope we find out some juicy shit tomorrow.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You guys are tossing some far off dates. I'm thinking much sooner.
All depends what they show at SOE live. Who knows... Maybe they have a ton of NPCs, weapons, armor etc all modelled. Maybe the animations are super far along. Maybe abilities are fleshed out. Maybe the world is already complete and is just waiting for buildings etc.

Pretty wishful thinking of you ask me.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They can't start on abilities yet as there is no combat system yet to build them around. The best I can see them doing is World building and modeling items at this point.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's been in development for years. From what I understand, the dev team was cut down due to a lot of the work already being done. People were moved off EQN and on to other projects. EQL is essentially what's holding it up and I can't imagine them taking 2 more years to figure that out.

@quaid- that actually sounds about right.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You think they don't have internal builds with combat working already? They're going to show it off at SOE Live. Can't do that if it doesn't exist.
Not to mention, creating & balancing abilities is more about spreadsheet work than it is about actual in-game performance.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I'm kinda thinking they are gonna hand out Beta spots for EQN this weekend.

Summer 2015 too early for Beta guesses?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm kinda thinking they are gonna hand out Beta spots for EQN this weekend.

Summer 2015 too early for Beta guesses?
The question is how far along is Storybricks? Have they worked it into the game effectively? Is it even a finished product that is usable? Have they started writing content into it? It's gonna be a massive undertaking, and will dictate when we see anything close to playable.

Hopefully answers this weekend.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The whole point of Storybricks is that you don't write content for it, you just set character motivations etc and they create the content themselves.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The whole point of Storybricks is that you don't write content for it, you just set character motivations etc and they create the content themselves.
If there is no NPC dialogue in this game they might as well scrap development now.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If there is no NPC dialogue in this game they might as well scrap development now.