EQ Never

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This thread is starting to make me wish ESO was more successful...

I'm expecting them to be much farther along on EQN than a lot of people here. Like pretty much ready for Alpha done.
They more or less should be ready for alpha by Dec/Jan and Beta in summer 2015. They will have a real release window for the phases come the event so its not far off till people can stop speculating and begin to prepare for the train wreck.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I wasn't the one who brought up phasing.
It was more a general comment given some of your behavior in the TESO thread. In seeing hints of it spill into this one and I'm trying to be preemptive.

rolx_sl

shitlord
You can't say they are only using player stuff for just this or that. I have seen first hand all the crazy structures, techniques, and idea's that are being floated player made and they are sick. Tell me they arn't using their images, or at least idea's to create other in-game shiz.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Some of you are very optimistic about the state of EQN. Remember, all those updates in Landmark (water, caves, etc) aren't coming from EQN; they're fresh out of the hopper. You can extrapolate from that alone that the world environments are no where near complete. Sure, they could be working on other stuff in the mean time, but it'd be a helluva waste of time to be working on an area that never gets utilized because they figured out what they thought they could do with voxels isn't possible.

If I were a betting man, I'd say beta announcement at SOE Live 2015 (and maaaaybe an alpha or some sort of character creator for the EQ Anniversary in March).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You can't say they are only using player stuff for just this or that. I have seen first hand all the crazy structures, techniques, and idea's that are being floated player made and they are sick. Tell me they arn't using their images, or at least idea's to create other in-game shiz.
99% of the player made content in Landmark is only 'okay', and far from anything that could be considered worthy to be in a AAA MMORPG flagship product. I've seen maybe a dozen builds that even approach the quality necessary to be in the final game.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
99% of the player made content in Landmark is only 'okay', and far from anything that could be considered worthy to be in a AAA MMORPG flagship product. I've seen maybe a dozen builds that even approach the quality necessary to be in the final game.
Ive seen a lot of quality stuff that could be in a AAA game. Have you actually bothered to look at some of the interiors of buildings in these AAA MMO's? They arent all that great. Im thinking WoW, EQ2, and ArcheAge as examples.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just on my island alone in landmark there are half a dozen stand out claims, things that could easily be modified or spruced up a bit to be in a final game. 99% of it being middle of the road seems pretty hyperbolic.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ive seen a lot of quality stuff that could be in a AAA game. Have you actually bothered to look at some of the interiors of buildings in these AAA MMO's? They arent all that great. Im thinking WoW, EQ2, and ArcheAge as examples.
Yes. I keep pretty current. Played all the majors this year.

Very few builds in Landmark have come close to TESO, Wildstar, or ArcheAge levels of quality.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Just on my island alone in landmark there are half a dozen stand out claims, things that could easily be modified or spruced up a bit to be in a final game. 99% of it being middle of the road seems pretty hyperbolic.
Even the Dark Elf tower by Bryde wasn't good enough for a final product... And that's about as close as anyone came in the recent Workshop.

Fair enough though. A final pass by the art team would probably raise the 'acceptable' number to 5% or so. My point is, they aren't gonna get anywhere near 100% of EQN's assets from player creations.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nothing till tonight iirc.

Thursday, August 14th

2:00PM - 7:00PM: Registration & Expo Hall Open - Pick up your badges and swag, check out the vendors, and hang out with your friends. The tournament area will also be opening up during this time for registration for the weekend events, if you're interested in competing. (There are no Landmark or EQN tournaments)

7:00PM - 9:00PM: Welcome Reception & Keynote Address - Join us for the official start of SOE Live. A cash bar and light snacks will be available. You must have a PREMIUM or EVENING badge to attend. [Livestreamed] (Celebrity Ballrooms)

9:00 PM - 1:00AM: Late Night Lounge & Landmark Building Event - After the Welcome Reception, hang out in the Mezzanine area for more gaming action! We'll have a bank of computers set aside for a special Landmark building event as well. Space will be limited and seats given on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be playing with your own characters during this event. (Mezzanine)

Twitch

Good stuff mainly Friday tho -

Friday, August 15th

9:00AM - 11:00PM: Game Room Open - When you're not attending panels, get in some game time in our game room! Spaces are limited; make sure you reserve your slot! (Mezzanine)

9:00AM - 10:00AM: Landmark Keynote - Don't miss this panel! We're starting off the panel schedule with our Landmark Keynote address. [Livestreamed] (Celebrity Ballrooms)

10:00AM - 11:00AM: EverQuest Next Keynote - Stick around after the Landmark keynote for more exciting news from the EQN team! [Livestreamed] (Celebrity Ballrooms)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Wut? EQ and WoW were pretty similar, with mobs at 6+ levels above you becoming nearly untouchable outside of a few specific abilities simply because of resists.
Actually, the +6 rule was a hardcoded ceiling, not due to stats. And yep, they forgot to code the limit for a few abilities. But for most, you went from "normal effect" to "zero effect" in a single level.

The level itself didn't figure in the combat formulas; only stats. It affected a bit the mobs because of level-based stat caps; until it hit the global cap, a mob's defense would increase by 5 every level, but it stopped once you got at absolute cap (which affected Kunark-level era play). But even then, the effect was much less pronounced than WoW, which is why the combat difficulty had a flatter curve in EQ1 than in WoW. Light blue mobs weren't easier because you hit them more or critted more; they were easier because they had less HP and a lower dps, period.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Even after they scrapped it once they were still aiming for it to be out by end 2015, so even delaying it more would still have it out in 2016. I cant see 2017 happening at all, not to mention they are pretty good with rushing shit out the door and thats not changing anytime soon from these guys.