EQ Never

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Keynote update: They are charging $20 for a twitch subscription that included 8 twitch Emotes and a baseball for a game that does not exist yet.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
*Loves Money (The character on the mobs hate list with the most money him generates 25% more hate)

Quick, give all the loot to the Tank to hold!
Which is essentially what I was thinking about each trait. If you plan on Tanking, you're going to have to be the most hated race, keep a steady amount of money on you, and worship the most hated deity.

I know these are examples, but if its really like that - I can hear the bitching all the way from 2017 from people saying they arent as good as Tank A because they want to be this race with that deity. In essence: Racials from World of Warcraft.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
In Fedor's absence:

rrr_img_73620.jpg

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Which is essentially what I was thinking about each trait. If you plan on Tanking, you're going to have to be the most hated race, keep a steady amount of money on you, and worship the most hated deity.

I know these are examples, but if its really like that - I can hear the bitching all the way from 2017 from people saying they arent as good as Tank A because they want to be this race with that deity. In essence: Racials from World of Warcraft.
But how does that work when you are fighting Innoruuk and he only can be effectively tanked by Paladins? Then next week you are fighting Rodcet Nife and you need Shadowknights? One of the major charms of EQ was the fact that not everything you killed was "Evil"

It seems like a cool way to not force certain classes in raids but give bonuses to people who play them.

Daidraco

Oh I understand, but the strength of the flavors has to be dialed down quite a bit. 50% more enmity towards a certain type of NPC/s is a huge bonus, for example. These bonuses will have to be negligible in the grand scheme. Just using percents as an example (because in reality, the difference could be something as trivial as .00000001) --- But the values in respect to what you used, would have to be 5% compared to 25%. 7.5% instead of 50%. Once they're negligible, these types of storybricks arent that exciting anymore.

Worst case scenario, raids are limited to a certain number of people and the raid is set up so Clerics naturally have a +25% enmity in this zone so now you have to choose a tank that has a higher enmity passive. The only way to achieve that is to have a Tank that worships Innoruk, but your guild doesnt have anyone that wants to tank that worships Innoruk. Welcome to having a Tank that has a Tank alt for this specific dungeon. Sounds lame because it is lame.

-And just to add- Forcing people to play classes they dont want to play probably isnt going to be a sound decision, regardless.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Oh I understand, but the strength of the flavors has to be dialed down quite a bit. 50% more enmity towards a certain type of NPC/s is a huge bonus, for example. These bonuses will have to be negligible in the grand scheme. Just using percents as an example (because in reality, the difference could be something as trivial as .00000001) --- But the values in respect to what you used, would have to be 5% compared to 25%. 7.5% instead of 50%. Once they're negligible, these types of storybricks arent that exciting anymore.

Worst case scenario, raids are limited to a certain number of people and the raid is set up so Clerics naturally have a +25% enmity in this zone so now you have to choose a tank that has a higher enmity passive. The only way to achieve that is to have a Tank that worships Innoruk, but your guild doesnt have anyone that wants to tank that worships Innoruk. Welcome to having a Tank that has a Tank alt for this specific dungeon. Sounds lame because it is lame.
Yeah but I made those abilities on the spot lol

Daidraco

Haha Im just saying, this story bricks shit isnt going to be that spectacular because of <INSERT BALANCE REASON HERE>. Just like someone said about the AI and some people thinking its the next coming of the Lawnmower Man. (Beautiful reference btw haha)

Daidraco

Can you elaborate on this?
I just feel like everyones all hugging and dancing around in the flowers about being able to be and play any of the 40 different classes. When in reality, people are going to want to concentrate on playing one class. You can play any class in Final Fantasy 14, but I only know of a few people that actively switch between classes and the gear of one of those two classes usually blows ass.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I just feel like everyones all hugging and dancing around in the flowers about being able to be and play any of the 40 different classes. When in reality, people are going to want to concentrate on playing one class. You can play any class in Final Fantasy 14, but I only know of a few people that actively switch between classes and the gear of one of those two classes usually blows ass.
Not sure if you know how the class system actually works. You unlock classes for Weapon sets and Abilities you NEVER have to switch a class if you don't want too infact you can rank up one class while playing another.

Classes are just "Ability slot combinations" "Abilities" and "Two weapon combination"

Eventually you will "Make" your own class using a combination of all the classes you unlocked they even talked about the ability to name your own class at a certain point.