EQ Never

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know no trinity and loot with no stats sounds like its going to suck. It sure as hell did in GW2.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Their biggest revelation (which was pretty evident, but they've confirmed it) is that all EQNext systems will pass through Landmark first, so if it's not in Landmark, it's not in EQNext. Aside from content (classes, lore, props), there isn't really a separate "game" for EQNext yet. EQNext is going to be a gigantic Landmark-created world and is the testbed for EQNext.

Landmark "Beta" is basically EQNext Alpha, minus EQNext-specific content

Mur_sl

shitlord
Well with all the stuff they're putting into landmark soonT, I might have to get one of those SC cards at Walmart, with the CB access. PvP looked pretty fun

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Is there a video up of the class stuff? I missed it.
frown.png

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Well, not sure what General Information you mean that hasnt already been released without going to into specifics.

#1 Im pretty sure from listening to the Storybricks guys that the AI isnt ready. It would have been guys on the stage talking about something. Besides, how many people really want to listen to a lecture on AI, except for us of course.

#2 They arent going to show specific zones because of the collaboration with landmark. I think they are building the areas in conjunction with the Landmark player contests and taking inspiration from what players do. They already said that what the players did changed some ideas they had in regards to DE and Cats.

#3 We know what the land looks like without cities on it and what the engine is like. Log into landmark.

#4 They explained that lore is something that is ongoing process with the EBooks leading into the day the servers open. So why would they pre-empt that?

To me, they answered a primary question... Is combat fun? It looks to be. Away from tab targeting and more of focus on movement, direction and environment. 100% Directional and AE attacks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The keynote was more about how combat and abilities are going to work, something people have been asking for a year, than it was about the classes.

I'm sure the class panel is probably going to show a couple more classes, but it's probably going to be more about how you mix abilities, advance classes, etc.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Pretty much exactly what I don't want.
Ok. Sucks for you.. Seems fun to me.

Another thing to consider. This is SOEs thing is where they are building the game with you. So there is a slow drip of information and very few surprises. They are trying to be open and transparent.

So many of you are used to the Blizzard or Apple "Big Revel" style where they keep all information insanely secret then drop everything in one huge blast. If SOE was doing this Blizzard style, we wouldnt even know the game existed until next year, or later. Just something to keep in mind.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Landmark's keynote kind of stole the thunder from EQNext with the combat reveal, imo; we are going to get to test out EQNext's combat systems in 2 weeks

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So slightly unrelated but I left the stream on after EQN Keynote. EQ2 is having theirs right now, but you can barely hear the speaker, all you hear is the tech / camera guys talking to each other. Listening to them realize they have the sound inputs fucked up, and trying to fix it all the while the presentation is going on stage, is hilarious.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Landmark's keynote kind of stole the thunder from EQNext with the combat reveal, imo; we are going to get to test out EQNext's combat systems in 2 weeks
Well, the very basic, foundational elements of combat, but yeah.

Putting together what we've learned about combat from both games, it sounds like combat will play kinda like a combo of GW2 (which we already knew), and TESO. From the landmark presentation, it looks when you unsheath your weapon, the camera locks to the mouse, as in Elder Scrolls games, you have two abilities mapped to the mouse, and then a GW2-style hotbar of weapon-specific and more general abilities on top of that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I get the impression that the combat is going to feel like a mix between FFXIV (controller) and Wildstar (aimed attacks). Landmark is PC only but Smed confirmed EQN is going to be on the PS4.

Edit - Content panel tomorrow at 11am

Storybricks_sl said:
The Storybricks panel at SOE Live is called 'the content of EQN' and is tomorrow at 11am PST. The future will be twitch streamed.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Class previews for anyone that didn't catch them live. Order is wizard, warrior, tempest, elementalist, cleric.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What would you say the median age for the audience was? I'm guessing 35.
I'd say around that yeah, that's a major thing EQN will have going for it. An older audience.

Take a look at the H1Z1 fans they are the shitty mountain dew toddlers that plague online gaming.

They were on the chat stream spamming h1z1 and making fun if the EQ playing kid who died during the keynote.