EQ Never

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well its over, not a whole lot of new stuff honestly. Classes look fairly cool, will be curious to see the panel later tonight. Overall... yea not nearly as much as I was hoping for, but I'm certainly not shocked about that.

The Landmark releases coming later this month are more exciting to me tbh.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So when will you have to fork over cash to build this gamefor them, since they obv cant get done shit?

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
I don't know how anyone who's been genuinely interested in this game since last year's keynote can come away from that presentation anything but disappointed. That was a joke.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Since the world and content is always going to be changing you're going to get tips on what to do / where to go from a helper book item.
That's lame; guess they're dropping the "sandbox" and building in the hand holding for the window lickers.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
That's lame; guess they're dropping the "sandbox" and building in the hand holding for the window lickers.
idk. It just seems like its going to be up to you to decide what you want to do in the game. They havent really mentioned any dungeons/raids/bosses...more like interactive stories/quests

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Combat and classes are easily the two areas that people wanted the most information on. There are going to be panels later expanding on storybricks, gameplay, etc. I for one am much happier with this keynote than the previous couple of years.

The suggestions sounded like they would be different for everyone. They wont be explicit instructions on what to do, more like hey, maybe you would like to do this thing over here.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
You came in looking to be disappointed. Jesus. A few of you are just sour cunts looking to bash no matter what for some unknown reason.

They explained combat and showed it in action.. and it looks good and it looks fun. That to me was such a huge piece of it. That was the number #1 question all year,"What is MOBA style combat". They fucking answered it. They showed new classes, they showed people participating in pvp combat.

What the fuck did you want? The game is over a year away. Did you expect a finished product?

Dont like it? Cool. Dont play it and stop shitting up the thread because you have a sour cunt.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't know how anyone who's been genuinely interested in this game since last year's keynote can come away from that presentation anything but disappointed. That was a joke.
I'm still interested but you are correct that Keynote was a major letdown.

They showed one player made castle no new information on the zones they showed last year. Not demo of how the AI works, No Demo how PVE works(100% those NPCS where players again like last year)

No information about rallying cries or city building or anything really...

Just 4 more classes fighting some flavorless "NPCS"

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
It seems more like a tool to move you in the direction where something is happening. ("Hey, go investigate the Burned Woods, might be something going on there")

Mur_sl

shitlord
idk. It just seems like its going to be up to you to decide what you want to do in the game. They havent really mentioned any dungeons/raids/bosses...more like interactive stories/quests
The suggestions sounded like they would be different for everyone. They wont be explicit instructions on what to do, more like hey, maybe you would like to do this thing over here.
Hmmm, I guess we'll see. I'm at work, so taking the second hand info bombs here is probably not the best. I'll try to reserve my judgement until after I've watched the vids.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
All the videos are done in the dark elf "city" that was made by players. I have a feeling that very few environment artists / zone creators are working on this.
Wasn't that the intent behind Landmark all along? That is the impression I always had. Give the players a toolkit and if SOE likes what the players created, copy/paste it into EQNext.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
You came in looking to be disappointed. Jesus. A few of you are just sour cunts looking to bash no matter what for some unknown reason.

They explained combat and showed it in action.. and it looks good and it looks fun. That to me was such a huge piece of it. That was the number #1 question all year,"What is MOBA style combat". They fucking answered it. They showed new classes, they showed people participating in pvp combat.

What the fuck did you want? The game is over a year away. Did you expect a finished product?

Dont like it? Cool. Dont play it and stop shitting up the thread because you have a sour cunt.
I would have liked a little more general information covering a larger array of topics as opposed to the second 30 minutes showing me a small selection of skills from a small selection of classes. They could have done that in the class panel.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Combat and classes are easily the two areas that people wanted the most information on. There are going to be panels later expanding on storybricks, gameplay, etc. I for one am much happier with this keynote than the previous couple of years.
Good call, most of the information we got last year was second hand from folks that were there, very little was streamed.

Yea, I feel like the book could be pretty awesome if it is handled correctly. The Tome of Knowledge (?) from Warhammer was pretty awesome, and this seems a lot like an evolution of that idea.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Keynote was fine. The important info will probably come out of the AI and class panels. Dunno why people are jumping off bridges over a fucking keynote.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not at all surprised, I had assumed they were putting most of their efforts into Landmark. I just hope we get to see a lot of the stuff they showed in Landmark sooner rather than later. Throw DE's and some of that combat into the world and I may start playing it again.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'd have liked more general info myself. 40 classes but they only seem to name what they will show, but id have liked them to give some type of short list of the classes they want to implement. Perhaps a few stills of supposed art from some of the other cities in the game, and more than anything id have liked to see how that warrior would handle an encounter with the mobs beating on a party member and how he'd grab aggro/attention or whatever.

Blackwulf

N00b
Eh, I wasn't super excited based on what I saw last year, so I'm fine with what they showed. I'll keep an eye on this, and if they rally calls and exploration based character building pan out, I'll probably try it. Even with the ridiculous Disney graphics.