EQ Never

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Went two rounds of deathmatch on two separate claims.

The first was 2v2 in a multi-floor manor on the side of a hill.

rrr_img_74904.jpg

This particular environment was really strange to PVP in because it had single-person corridors and small rooms, so it felt like I was constantly dashing forward and then stopping to trying and reorient myself. Unless they slow players down, Battlegrounds are going to need to be pretty spacious to accommodate the heroic movement.

One thing I did find interesting though, is the new ledge grab they added was actually.. useful. Grappling hook is on a 15s (something like that) cooldown, but often times I was able to get up multiple floors by simply grabbing onto ledges/roofs and jumping up past them. I could easily see someone making Assassin's Creed style buildings that require you to vault up past them.. I almost wish grappling hooks were disabled so you HAD to use ledge grabbing.

While combat itself was pretty exciting with it's current quirkiness, my biggest problem was performance. My FPS wavers constantly from 50 to 10 and back, it seems. Hopefully optimizations are coming soon.. until then I'll stick to building.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
According to the Blueprint, next month is basically supposed to be nothing but performance optimization and polishing the currently-existing features, so things should be in a better place in a few weeks.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Good to see you found some people, I couldn't but maybe I suck at looking. That screenshot encapsulates a lot of my fears though: it runs poorly and the voxel world looks a bit ugly right now.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Trying joining the PVP channel (/join pvp); that's how I found mine

Also, I should probably note I was playing on a lower graphics settings to try to boost FPS.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's really rough around the edges, but for basic combat it's solid. I hope the AI is as good as they're going for, though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am disappointed that we don't have 200 more pages since yesterday on this subject. The precise range indicator shows that hype is confirmed dead on combat arrival.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES, LOL
And how the fuck is this comment in any way constructive to the conversation? Black Jesus Christ with a white dick that was a fucking useless comment. If you're going to bash the goddamn shit, at least have some fucking substance to your post. What the flaming fuck is wrong with you? Did you Daddy make you suck his dick while he ate out your Mom in front of you or some shit? You're goddamn deranged for thinking this is witty, if thats what you're after. Holy fuck this incited so much rage.

I like kittens.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I am disappointed that we don't have 200 more pages since yesterday on this subject. The precise range indicator shows that hype is confirmed dead on combat arrival.
I was thinking the same thing. If Landmark's combat inclusion was anything noteworthy or worthwhile, the EQN thread would be buzzing, too. Right now I'm in more of a "prove to me this isn't going to be complete shit" kind of mood. Not saying there ain't time, but I'm judging it for what it is right now: juuuuunk.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Out of curiosity, for the people who hate combat.. how many of you have actually tried it?

Obligatory..
I don't have to play it to know it's shit, LOL
Good job being useless to the conversation then; at least contribute some worthwhile criticism or GTFO.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Out of curiosity, for the people who hate combat.. how many of you have actually tried it?
I did yesterday for a bit. Again the only interesting part was grappling(which can lead to some interesting things). I will try again a few months from now to see how it progresses.

Also I don't hate it, but it looks and feels very amateurish atm. And no its not because I dislike action/fps style combat, since I actually prefer that style over locked target/tab target.

Again its the first iteration, I will check back to see how it goes. Since its pretty much a direct demo of how it will be in EQ:N.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
From a dev on the forums:

Avair_sl said:
One of the things we mentioned at SOE Live is that the current implementation of heroic movement is not cut out for PVP. We had a fix in for it, but we ended up not liking the way it gave feedback to you guys in game so we took it out.

We are opting for a better long term fix and didn't want to keep dropping short term fixes on people. Suffice it to say, we are super interested in heroic movement and combat. We have a great plan and are beginning to execute on it internally and will give more info ASAP.

BTW we are super excited about the new plan because it helps fix crazy movement in combat AND gives us many more heroic movement options than we might have had otherwise.

gogojira_sl

shitlord

Obligatory..

Good job being useless to the conversation then; at least contribute some worthwhile criticism or GTFO.
I've been in since alpha, paid my 150 sucker bucks. I was very interested in combat and dicked around with it a bit before logging off last night. The major asterisk I have is that I didn't PVP with anyone because every claim was dead so I guess I need to join the PVP channel.

There's a few things that make it unappealing for me, one is the it feels spammy and the spell effects look shit. I don't like the health and shield setup, but maybe that's partly to do with the UI being so janky as fuck right now. I won't write off combat because it's still developing.

And of course, it runs like garbage on any claim with semi-elaborate (but still probably ugly) arena. Hopefully the optimizations over the month fix a bunch of that.

I'll try it again tonight and actually get into a PVP match or two to give it a legitimate test.

Tol_sl

shitlord
It was Super Heroic of you to share this with us. Did it tax your health or armor levels and how quickly did they recover? Thanks.
You need to refill your food gauge before the super movement cooldown refreshes. Think of it as a secondary resource after mana.