EQ Never

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I actually watched the video of them talking about ugly races and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It sounds like they're thinking of not having all out freaks from head to toe, but they'll have the option to ugly it up with a face swap. I'm OK with that.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Brutish and gnarled seems to be the goal rather than just pure abomination style ogres and trolls.

I am fine with it, so far I like the art style and everything fits well into the world. My big hope is they don't abandon the dark lore surrounding the ogres totally. I liked the sinister feeling you got from them being a brutish race barely above wild animals that could actually be seen stealing children and eating them rather than portraying them as noble savages. Same with the iksar and the dark undercurrents in that culture.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
They are making it real hard on me as far as race selection goes. Their Ogre and Iksar concept art looks fucking amazing.

Fuck me, I can't wait to run around Norrath again.
Well, since these idiot developers are enabling fast travel, there won't be much running.

I do hope you have fun pressing a button and instantly appearing on the other side of Norrath.

I am ashamed at the level of care-bear antics that will be in EQ:N.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, since these idiot developers are enabling fast travel, there won't be much running.

I do hope you have fun pressing a button and instantly appearing on the other side of Norrath.

Jeff and Dave's CoddleQuest Next.
Every game design element over-examined so as to provide a truly generic experience for literally anyone with a pulse.
Never make a wrong decision in this game, Denial of Service has been slain.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord

Is instant fast-travel confirmed? I feel like real-world griffon/horse/boat travel is pretty easy to pull off these days and satisfies all parties

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't get the point of those remarks, didn't wizards and druids and most casters get some form of fast travel in EQ right off the bat? Planes of Power etc came a long later... (to the dismay of many)

How come this is a surprise?

They want us to log in and dig a hole down to appropriate content anyways...

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Fast travel and Wizards/Druid porting are different things.

Also, Druids/Wizards had to get to lvl 29 before they could port others.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Can you show me where they said instant travel is going to be a thing? last time I heard they will only have class spells and Spires and maybe a hearthstone type of effect.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Can you show me where they said instant travel is going to be a thing? last time I heard they will only have class spells and Spires and maybe a hearthstone type of effect.
In a round table they say that you will first need to visit the location the long way, then you will be able to transport there.

sports-report.net/EQNextRoundTable

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like the builds people are putting out are getting better with each workshop, but I think it has a lot to do with available textures. I don't think the dark elf builds worked very well with what's available, but I'm already seeing some really nice ogre structures.
Man this looks like a piece of shit hovel! ...nailed it. Ogre architecture 101.

Goonsquad Officer
the social aspect of needing a druid or wizard to port was amazing. having to hoof it made travel matter > made loot matter > various things you could farm matter. You kind of planned what you wanted to work on in relation to all nearby places. Sitting in in the capitol city, semi afk, waiting to get teleported to your instanced dungeon to get your one piece of set gear you need to uptier is what's making new MMO's feel so lame.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Well.. in Landmark, if you want to teleport somewhere it requires a portal crystal that you have to craft. They're pretty easy to make right now, but if they were a legitimate time sink to make I think people would use them a little more judiciously instead of porting around the world at random.

Portal shards can teleport you to a wizard spire, your claim (which in EQN would probably be your house/guildhall), and they are adding "leylines" which I think are essentially smaller wizard ports that can be located underground or in harder to reach locations.

qey2hh1-night.jpg

If the world is as massive as it sounds like it'll be, I'm okay with forms of instant travel, but I don't like the Plane of Knowledge system where there was a central hub that allowed you to go wherever you wanted in seconds.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well.. in Landmark, if you want to teleport somewhere it requires a portal crystal that you have to craft. They're pretty easy to make right now, but if they were a legitimate time sink to make I think people would use them a little more judiciously instead of porting around the world at random.

Portal shards can teleport you to a wizard spire, your claim (which in EQN would probably be your house/guildhall), and they are adding "leylines" which I think are essentially smaller wizard ports that can be located underground or in harder to reach locations.

qey2hh1-night.jpg

If the world is as massive as it sounds like it'll be, I'm okay with forms of instant travel, but I don't like the Plane of Knowledge system where there was a central hub that allowed you to go wherever you wanted in seconds.
Wait you are fine with instant travel, but didn't like PoK, which was nothing more then portals to the major cities and a few odd places, but still left you running a lot.

Spoonz_sl

shitlord
I really hope digging down into the ground isn't meant to be one of their defining featues for EQN.

They keep touting about discovering an entire worlds worth of content underground...But what if I don't want to dig underground? What if I only ever want to explore the surface of Norrath? Will I not have a complete amount of content because I didn't want to dig?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I really hope digging down into the ground isn't meant to be one of their defining featues for EQN.

They keep touting about discovering an entire worlds worth of content underground...But what if I don't want to dig underground? What if I only ever want to explore the surface of Norrath? Will I not have a complete amount of content because I didn't want to dig?
They say digging will provide procedurally generated content (random encounters) I'm actually looking forward to seeing this in an MMO setting as it's one of my more favorite online game models (from Path of Exile)

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

I would assume that you miss out in content.It sounds kinda like refusing to leave a continent... Duh, you wont see everything the game has to offer then.