EQ Never

Vitality

HUSTLE
I remember two years ago when people thought SOE was going to magically launch in holiday 2013, lol. I'm guessing 2016, supposedly the team has mostly shifted off Landmark to EQN development.

Guess we'll see.
They can't even produce decent gameplay snapshots with more that 2 players on screen and you think there's only a year left in the initial development?

They just stated a few weeks ago that they've been focusing on landmark and are just now starting to transition resources (people) over to the EQN core development.

EQN has been on a reiterative skeleton-crew development plan up until this point as evidence in their lack of content demonstrations.

This game won't even be pay to test until 2017

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
The difference is even though the team has been focused primarily on Landmark, much of the technical development necessary to make EQN happen took place making Landmark. So basically the team has been building the things necessary for EQN to happen by working on Landmark.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The difference is even though the team has been focused primarily on Landmark, much of the technical development necessary to make EQN happen took place making Landmark. So basically the team has been building the things necessary for EQN to happen by working on Landmark.
Well if that's the case then EQN is pretty extra fucked. Landmark isn't a good game at all and won't be a good game any time soon.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Learn to calendar. 2016 would give them nearly two years, which the game will need.

Maybe it's 2017. My point is best case scenario we got holiday if 2016.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Well if that's the case then EQN is pretty extra fucked. Landmark isn't a good game at all and won't be a good game any time soon.
The people who absolutely love it as a building game would disagree with you. Landmark is not the MMO for people who want EQN. They're vastly different things.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Did they fix the horrendous user interface and provide any semblance of "Ease of use" yet?

probably a kernel of truth in lots of incompetent staff over at SOE
The only one worth a shit was Matt Higby. And he's working for the wrong company.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The people who absolutely love it as a building game would disagree with you. Landmark is not the MMO for people who want EQN. They're vastly different things.
So vastly different even though the devs are pulling content directly from Landmark to make EQN. That doesn't make any sense.

They barely have usable forms of AI in Landmark and you expect me to believe it's an entirely different story in their current EQN build?

Landmark is ass, they charged a ton of everquest bandwagoners money to help them build a game and test their rough draft combat mechanics and pve content so they can copy paste it into EQN.

I think people are forgetting that Georgeson's pinacle career achievement is GAIA online.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So vastly different even though the devs are pulling content directly from Landmark to make EQN. That doesn't make any sense.
They aren't pulling content you dumb fuck, they are pulling tools and code. You don't even know what you are talking about and you're trying to argue with an SOE employee.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They barely have usable forms of AI in Landmark and you expect me to believe it's an entirely different story in their current EQN build?

Landmark is ass, they charged a ton of everquest bandwagoners money to help them build a game and test their rough draft combat mechanics and pve content so they can copy paste it into EQN.

I think people are forgetting that Georgeson's pinacle career achievement is GAIA online.
Why you mad?!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Learn to calendar. 2016 would give them nearly two years, which the game will need.

Maybe it's 2017. My point is best case scenario we got holiday if 2016.
Wait wasnt Next supposed to go live xmas season 2013? And fat Smed wasnt talking about a beta.

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
At this point... I am starting to think Pantheon will launch before EQN does.
tongue.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Landmark, which turned into early 2014.
And such an early 2014 beta. I mean, it's a beta in which we just got mobs.

(the normal accepted definition of beta is "when all the core systems are implemented and useable; what remains is fixing stuff, balancing features, and making content". But apparently in modern gaming industry, it's Alice in Wonderland definitions: "beta means what I say it means")

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I havent followed Landmark but isnt the core system of that game "build shit with voxels"? The last two pages sound like people expecting Landmark to be an MMO*RPG* in its own right.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The last two pages sound like people expecting Landmark to be an MMO*RPG* in its own right.
Well, that's because that's what we're sold by SOE. Or, rather, that's what we're sold now. Back in 2013, it looked like EQN would be some kind of Minecrafty game. And then, they basically said "no, it's basically EQN with player-made stuff instead of official content". And meanwhile, the "beta" stopped being a beta and become "let's do tech tests of whatever might work in our next game".

Remember the timeline? Last wipe was supposed to be just before end of closed beta in spring 2014. And at the moment? They're delaying stuff because the next big change is going to require a wipe again. One year after "open beta".

EQ:Landmark is one of the big reason why I piss on any dev that wants to sell an early access. It's the last straw that broke the camel's back. Every single Early Access / Kickstarting I've seen has been basically "give us money while we try to figure out what game we're going to make". And that's assuming they ship; so many of them simply stop developing (why should they? They already got their money) and the team goes to another kickstarted/greenlight project.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
EQ:Landmark is one of the big reason why I piss on any dev that wants to sell an early access. It's the last straw that broke the camel's back. Every single Early Access / Kickstarting I've seen has been basically "give us money while we try to figure out what game we're going to make". And that's assuming they ship; so many of them simply stop developing (why should they? They already got their money) and the team goes to another kickstarted/greenlight project.
I won't ever pay for early access, no matter the title, but at the same time I can't condemn kickstarter projects, that are a different story in my opinion. The fact that too many abuse the system, it means that it has to become better regulated, not that it sucks (kickstarter, that is), but big companies that ask for money to grant pre-release access to alpha or beta titles should simply go to fuck off. Sucks that a lot of people don't get it.

EQ was EQ and it's gone for me, so is EQ2. If EQN will ever see the light of day in release form, I'll probably play it, unless it works on a shitty and sort-of-mandatory cash shop system. Landmark: I tried it, it's boring for me. Maybe I like more to do other things than playing lego when I sit in front of a videogame.