EQ Never

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Well, that's because that's what we're sold by SOE. Or, rather, that's what we're sold now. Back in 2013, it looked like EQN would be some kind of Minecrafty game. And then, they basically said "no, it's basically EQN with player-made stuff instead of official content". And meanwhile, the "beta" stopped being a beta and become "let's do tech tests of whatever might work in our next game".

Remember the timeline? Last wipe was supposed to be just before end of closed beta in spring 2014. And at the moment? They're delaying stuff because the next big change is going to require a wipe again. One year after "open beta"
I didnt even know they are in open beta already, thought it was a still a "pay me for access" closed beta. Anyway, I dont consider it more then a builder game, and afaik that part works? Sure they might test AI, combat and (lol?) pvp, but it's not the foundation of the game.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what Landmark is like. I never really hear anyone talking about it. I know it's not even close to being a full fleshed out game yet, and EQN is light years behind Landmark as far as being a playable game. There's a good chance Sony goes bankrupt before either game is ever finished.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
trying to argue with an SOE employee.
Which is like fighting a 3 year old autistic kid.

And I agree. SOE needs to go bankrupt, and than track the likes of Georgeson et all so they all end up at Zynga where they can fuck around making free poker games that I don't care about.

I cannot believe SOE is even in business any longer.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I didnt even know they are in open beta already, thought it was a still a "pay me for access" closed beta. Anyway, I dont consider it more then a builder game, and afaik that part works? Sure they might test AI, combat and (lol?) pvp, but it's not the foundation of the game.
It's still in closed beta.

And yeah, it's still basically a building game, just one that now has some foundational gameplay elements like simple combat.

Apparently sometime this year it'll expand to also be a DMing game, with the ability to place mobs and design their AI, but I doubt that's coming before open beta.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Learn to calendar. 2016 would give them nearly two years, which the game will need.

Maybe it's 2017. My point is best case scenario we got holiday if 2016.
SOE is done, they are milKing customers in eq's name to develop who knows what. This ship sailed fucking years ago .. I don't know how you guys support this shit..

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Not sure why the sky is falling all of a sudden.. Landmark was never supposed to even include combat and most of the MMO elements it has now. EQNext weapon types are already starting to be added to Landmark, as is the beginning of their scripting and AI.

Getting a working voxel building engine is what has taken the longest time to develop. Now that they're focusing on actual gameplay, they've been adding lots of new features.

Aside from them not releasing when Smed said they would (which was obviously not going to happen), I don't see what people are getting upset about. They've continued to make good decisions in my book. If they keep at this pace and don't do a half-assed release, I'll be playing (in 2016).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm in no rush. Game will come out when it comes out, otherwise plenty of other stuff to do.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Yeah, to be fair everyone's excitement for landmark beta was over the building tools, and I think they pulled that off damn well. I've made some really cool shit and trying to go back to minecraft after the precision you get with LM is pretty tough. Things like mobs and combat really was never a selling point to anyone I remember, it was all about the building.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I have no idea why people are so perpetually salty. Landmark is everything they said it was going to be, if you bought and have remorse, that's due to your own ignorance.

I get it, being a cynical douchebag is the low hanging fruit of online personas. Its far easier than taking even handed rational approaches to topics based on evidence and experience, weighing the good and bad and then formulating and articulating a balanced point of view. That shits hard yo!

EQN is going to be fine. If you buy a pair of socks today, you'll still have them in rotation by the time it comes out. EQ:N may even come out before Winds of Winter. In the words of Aaron Rodgers... Relax. If you played Vanilla Everquest, you should be old enough and mature enough by this time not to get worked up about gaming. The world is full of fun and interesting things to do, if you feel the need the come to gaming forums and rage about games you hate and are never going to play, I really believe that says far more about you than it does a video game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea why people are so perpetually salty. Landmark is everything they said it was going to be, if you bought and have remorse, that's due to your own ignorance.

I get it, being a cynical douchebag is the low hanging fruit of online personas. Its far easier than taking even handed rational approaches to topics based on evidence and experience, weighing the good and bad and then formulating and articulating a balanced point of view. That shits hard yo!

EQN is going to be fine. If you buy a pair of socks today, you'll still have them in rotation by the time it comes out. EQ:N may even come out before Winds of Winter. In the words of Aaron Rodgers... Relax. If you played Vanilla Everquest, you should be old enough and mature enough by this time not to get worked up about gaming. The world is full of fun and interesting things to do, if you feel the need the come to gaming forums and rage about games you hate and are never going to play, I really believe that says far more about you than it does a video game.
Or people are passionate about gaming in General and/or EQ and are tired of not seeing results from incompetent douche bags that should be pumping gas.

Sony should clean house and shut this division down and sell the IP to a Dev house worth a shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To date EQN is simply vaporware and everything that has been proxied through landmark but marketed for EQN amounts to an uninteresting nothing. So for those of us who had no interest in the landmark genre the hypetrain is currently in a state of non-existence while driving off a cliff.

Or to put it simply, the presidential campaign will be relevant and likely long over before EQN is on the scene.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole EQL has lost me. I would have rather they made EQN then fucked with eql and used its ideas for expansions. The majority of people who want to play EQN don't really care about eql. soe handled this project poorly and I'm losing interest altogether now. I'd love to know how many active accounts they have at this point

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm actually rather glad they did Landmark even if it's not everyone's cup of tea. The amount of "Ooo - we need to learn how to do that" that came from Georgeson in regards to all the micro voxel shit and other things the players learned will have a real impact on what they can build in EQN.