EQ Never

Dejoblue_sl

shitlord
This level of mismanagement makes Vanguard and McQuaid look like amateurs at MMO failure. finally something that overshadows it, lol
wink.png

And how fortuitous that it happens on the day of Pantheon's live stream reveal! Wonder if that was planned.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don't understand how this failed. Lets start at the top...

Smed was off White Knighting god only knows what against some hacker group. He threatened them until they basically shut down the income of the company. How bad or incompetent could the people underneath him be?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
These days art and animation can be imported to any engine you'd want to use to build an MMO, but there's still the obvious development overhead of game design, gameplay mechanics, and world building. It's not like they get a huge head start because they had a ton of viable art assets.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Well, hopefully someone takes the good ideas from it and runs with it. Until then I'll play Runescape and Gorgon and hope Pantheon becomes a thing.

They have all of those assets though. They should remake EQ1.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Obviously this means Blizzard can fire back up Titan development since they won't have to compete with the marketplace powerhouse that would have been Everquest Next!!!!!
Titan is what Overwatch is now. They just pulled the FPS module out of Titan and renamed it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
At least we will be reminded of what EQN could have been, whenever us greasy nerds emerge from our dark holes and go to the beach and see all the sand.

:,)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, that's pretty lame. You can make it fun, but you can't fix broken and that's what really happen along with over promising features they had no clue how to implement.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, can SOE actually make something fun? Without it being a reanimated corpse?

if nothing else, workshop builders can add their builds to their portfolio. hopefully some (fugazi/mag/etc) will get work out of this.

turn eqn into a mmo builder and rebuild vanguard please.