EQ Never

Lorren_sl

shitlord
EverQuest Next has been canceledEverQuest Next has been canceled | Polygon

EQ's dead Jim ....
mad.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not surprised Polygon has late updates on non-swj topics. Color me beige.

EQ:N Cancellation: Shocked. Had they tried to aim for and realistically implement 1 or 2, not all 500 of their random "improvements" it might have turned out better. Destructible voxel environs in a MMORPG was a stupid idea from the start, and it was destined to fail heavily on that stupid idea. And imagine that... it did.

Sucks for the team working on it, and I wish them all well. But the guys in charge of the direction were tardos, apparently.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_128298.jpg

That name.. eqn-2010-1.jpg... just crazy! They had this running in 2010 and *6* years later they cancel everything. Has to be one of the worst game project mismanagements ever.

I wonder if they still have all the old code, or if they deleted / "lost" everything. It still looks very good, they should finish that game. I mean, eq2 is 10 years old, and thats their newest MMO. I guess they will milk EQ1/2 as long as possible and then exit the MMO market.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's just a name change, i promise you guys...

In other non totally unrelated news: Them "launching" Landmark is just marketing speech for cashing in once more and discontinuing further development.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just a name change, i promise you guys...

In other non totally unrelated news: Them "launching" Landmark is just marketing speech for cashing in once more and discontinuing further development.
The sold loads of those $100 early access packages for Landmark. The only reason they will launch that is so they dont have to refund. It can launch and crash and burn for all they care (and it will). As long as it launches, they fulfilled their end.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
When did todays trend turn into "swindling your customers out of their money" instead of "delivering on your promises" ?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So the mmo section can be closed now, right? Cause there's really fuckall that is coming out in the next few years.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So the mmo section can be closed now, right? Cause there's really fuckall that is coming out in the next few years.
Pantheon, The Revival, Crowfall, Lineage: Eternal, Bless, Tree of Savior, Chronicals of Elyria, Camelot Unchained... There's plenty.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bill Murphy in response to a comment saying EQN was their last hope..

I don't think so, but I can't say why.
wink.png
Plus, CU, Crowfall, and more are coming.

Not sure what he's getting at.. He could just as easily meant Pantheon.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe they are dumb enough to get into bed with Brad again.
You obviously didn't click on the link. I pretty much know most of those URL by heart now, and can recognize them from a mile.

And using that one in 2016... feels fine when you deal with nostalgic fucks like us.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
When did todays trend turn into "swindling your customers out of their money" instead of "delivering on your promises" ?
When people opened their wallet for unfinished products. To be totally honest, this is the fault of the consumer (not just in EQ Next case, but in all cases). The fact people will open their wallet to "buy" a game years before it's developed is dumb and retarded.

I'll also admit I did it twice - Grim Dawn and Path of Exile - and even though they are done and saw release, I'll never do it again. The only way I'll pay for development is if they are paying me some of the dividends.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, HexTCG's "wait three years for core advertised gameplay to be implemented but please buy expansions while you wait plsplspls" pretty much guaranteed I'm never giving money to a company before they've got a finished product again.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Curious what their future is now? Keep making pieces of H1Z1 and selling them off? More expansions and TLP for EQ1 and 2? I haven't even heard a peep out of PS2 since the console release? I haven't really played a SoE/DB game since some the TLP servers if you even count that time but I think i'm finally done with them as a company. Can't believe they held onto my attention for as long as they have honestly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that guys who was in charge of EQN is now in charge of the new project so I can't be too hopeful. Blame needs to go to the leadership.