EQ Never

Zacx_sl

shitlord
pay2win will ruin this game

and I really hope instancing is not there, or at least kept to an absolute minimum (only instance the final end-game zone of each expansion, or something like that)

the one persistent world and competition, etc is what makes these games what they are... if you put everyone in their own little virtual dungeon then whats the point of having an MMO

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i'm already sick and tired of hearing the term "story bricks." i really don't give a good god damn what goes on behind the scenes, just make the game fun.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
We've tried talking about it before. I even linked the story when I got the info about when it was announced. Like all actual info about the game, it gets drowned out by neckbeard nation talking about shit like having no fucking maps.
And when the game is revealed in all its glory the main topic of conversation here will be does it have maps or not... Not with the game is sound or not, just whether it has a mini-map or not. So yeah, I agree it's getting a little ridiculous.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Smed, remove the cash shop. Charge a monthly subscription. Do the right thing for this industry and for us.
Oh I am sure there will be a "gold" subscription, but no way this game isnt f2p w/ a cash shop. Smed practically worships f2p

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i'm already sick and tired of hearing the term "story bricks." i really don't give a good god damn what goes on behind the scenes, just make the game fun.
Story bricksis and interesting adidtion to the game. I followedstory bricksbefore EQ acquired it. I think you should givestory bricksa chance.Story brickscould turn it around for...

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Oh I am sure there will be a "gold" subscription, but no way this game isnt f2p w/ a cash shop. Smed practically worships f2p
Yep anyone thinking it won't be FTP or also on the PS4 is dreaming. Also yes, it will have some kind of mini-map.

Smed really wants to be able to do a "EQN hits 1,000,000 players" press release withing a few months of release and FTP lets him do that.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm actually surprised we haven't talked more about StoryBricks here; it's one of the few semi-concrete things we know about EQN, you would think we would've picked it apart half-a-dozen times by now.
The other problem besides the one Abe points out, is that it is all about execution - looks great on paper, will sound great at SOE Live, but we won't know if actually works as advertised until we get into beta.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I was into storybricks before it was cool.
Lucky.

http://epicslantpress.com/mmo-radio-...2-brian-green/

Not a lot on story bricks but 11 to 20 minutes in an example of bandit/village/pc interaction. Bandits are located at a hideout, have motivation to go wandering/raiding to get money. They wander around area and eventually encounter village. They will attack villagers to get money. Villagers will hire player characters to defend themselves. Player characters will drive off bandits *and*bandits will stay driven off.The bandits will adjust behavior and search for targets in other areas (which might cause new problems in whatever area they are now raiding). Potentially bandits may be driven back to their hideout which would trigger a different type of story.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Found the guy who must be working on the combat AI for EQN - not StoryBricks.

After many months of waiting to begin, I can officially announce that I am starting on a major consulting contract with Storybricks. Together with some of the staff from the London-based company, I will be working on a long contract developing and integrating Storybricks' proprietary designs and technology (as well as my own original AI work) into a AAA MMO project.
http://intrinsicalgorithm.com/IANews/

And yes, for those of you who are curious, there is plenty of utility-based AI in it!
Long presentation on AI combat - goodbye taunting???

http://www.intrinsicalgorithm.com/me...k-CoverMe!.pdf

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQN could turn it around forStorybricks!

For real though, SoE can announce all the "features" and "fun" they want until they're blue in the face, but I personally am not willing to set one toe into "fool me twice" territory. Where are the reviews from people who haveplayedthis alleged game? When is the beta?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
EQN could turn it around forStorybricks!

For real though, SoE can announce all the "features" and "fun" they want until they're blue in the face, but I personally am not willing to set one toe into "fool me twice" territory. Where are the reviews from people who haveplayedthis alleged game? When is the beta?
2 Best of E3. So somebody besides SOE likes it - but yes, we'll see how it goes in the beta.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder how well the storybricks system will work under the strain of loot. I like the idea of "dynamic" NPC AI that storybricks seems to bring but phat loot will make players try to control the environment, and mess up any fun ongoings with the NPC(factions). If the system is complicated enough then this should not be (easily) possible, but this should mean that certain rewards/loot are not possible to gain anymore.

Random loot is a possibility but usually sucks (weak, simple variation in stats).

And having the same reward available, even though large shifts have taken place in NPC dynamics would kind of defeat the whole purpose of the system: "King gives quest that gives you Shield of Awesome, when King has been murdered by a Bandit faction, now the Banditleader gives a quest that will yield the same Shield (or almost similar copy).

If shifts in NPC dynamics/factions can be easily returned to previous states then it will have failed imo. That is what happened in GW2.

at first glance, storybricks seems to be what gw2 was doing but everything interacts with eachother and learns from it.
slides gives the impression that we'll be fighting multi tf2 bots (with relevance to one's 'base'/numbers/fpslikereactions(charge/retreat/etc)).
the goal is seemingly to make pve more like pvp (and not just darkfall ai? haven't played, just heard the complaints).

(speculation) pathfinder will be akin to eq:n. but holistically pvp.