EQ Never

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I just don't understand why people give a fucking shit anymore. If you are so desperate to pay for a game, drop the price of a monthly sub + box purchase for a year on it. That's about $240. I bet you could buy everything you need in the cash shop for that. Certainly at least everything that would ship with a 'full' game. (Race/class unlocks, bank slots, character slots etc)

Wait until Sandbox games REALLY start to take off, and companies start monetizing digital parcels of land, and facilitate RMT transactions between players for said land. Then they take a cut of all transfers through the in-game RMT client. Then the company manipulates the value of said land parcels via dynamic content.

Where's your God now?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Wait until Sandbox games REALLY start to take off, and companies start monetizing digital parcels of land, and facilitate RMT transactions between players for said land. Then they take a cut of all transfers through the in-game RMT client. Then the company manipulates the value of said land parcels via dynamic content.

Where's your God now?
I fucking hate you and this PIECE of SHIT industry even more.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The future of MMO's is games like Destiny The Division etc. Where the lines are blurred between single player and Multiplayer. Plain and simple. It gives the developer more flexibility to execute specific mechanics for specific demographics.

"I want to enjoy a great single player story" goes and does the story alone
"I want to play in a big open environment with heaps of people" goes to the open zones.

All of this without any real break in immersion.
Story driven MMOs are not the future of MMORPGs. See SWTOR. Those are MMOFPS or some shit that I don't care about.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still think that they are adding an insane amount of raid tiers because they intend to monetize coins (like the Mogu Rune of Fate) when they switch to F2P and maybe honor/conq boosters (like the xp booster that appeared in the latest PTR patch). You can't reliably run a game only on minipets and mounts and the Mogu Runes are the only raid consumable that cannot be farmed (i.e. it's capped to 3/week in the current tier) but you could burnt them over and over. Still limited to a roll per week in the West (maybe in China you can roll as many times as you want) so it would mean that it would be a requirement for all progression guilds. I'd probably sell them for $1 for 3 or 4 coins.
/flex
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=88#1745

DMK_sl

shitlord
Story driven MMOs are not the future of MMORPGs. See SWTOR. Those are MMOFPS or some shit that I don't care about.
You are missing the point. Just because Destiny is story driven doesn't mean other MMO's using similar mechanics have to be story drive. Also in the future you won't have to have one without the other. The seamless world makes it always possible to have both. The only thing that will matter is the importance of the story. A sandbox's story will be more about the land you play on and then players build stories on top of that.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Where's your God now?
There's already been one of these. It was a MMO where they literally created new land masses (including an orbital space station) and sold the virtual land to players and it included an RMT means to buy things. But curse my advancing senility I can't remember the name. I played it briefly.

Edit : Google to the rescue of my failing memory....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropia_Universe

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
For some reason I thought of Second Life. Whatever the shit that was, I remember loads of currency being made and/or spent in it. I didn't even look at it, too much furry sex for my taste (some pics on FoH were freaky).

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
It has the "fans" label and fugly wow-like shoulders. I hope that's not real, for the shoulders, that is.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's probably real. I like the look. just not sure what kind of class it's suppose to be?

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
I haven't really been following EQN too much. Is it a given that it will be primarily a 3rd person MMO?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Honestly they have to put fancy graphics on these things to sell, and not like the technological challenge is simple to begin with.

This shit costs crazy amounts of money to produce too compared to another software product likely to make twice as much for much less of an investment.

I play a game like Path of Exile over Diablo3 (for all its on rails tight design and smooth "run on anything" graphics) much like I'd play EQClassic or P99 over WoW.

Now we just need a strong indie MMO and I will diamond supporter that fucker.

I'll play EQNext regardless because its going to bring back all the classic EQ heads and try hards who are out to prove their are the best at EverQuest etc, it will be worth the price of admission but... we'll see if its a hot flash in the pan like Rift or something we can get stuck on.