EQ Never

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, because artistic style means it will be a direct WOW-Clone. If anything, I applaud them for taking the sensible route with their art direction, as EQ2 and EQ1 were fucking terrible for the majority of their lives art direction wise. The guys who work for the company, sans the ones that made the soga models for eq2, have been pretty bad at character model design for at least 8 years when they lean towards the "realistic" look. The leaked picture looks like DnD 4th edition more than it does WoW, which is A-OK with me.

If you are so desperate to pay for a game, drop the price of a monthly sub + box purchase for a year on it. That's about $240. I bet you could buy everything you need in the cash shop for that. Certainly at least everything that would ship with a 'full' game. (Race/class unlocks, bank slots, character slots etc)

Where's your God now?
Stillfucking suckhaving drops in the game world you have to use the 'special payed key' for, having to deal with multiple weird currencies knowing that one is made to rip you off, annoying in-game ads for premium ways to spend your real life money, pay to win is god awful.

There's little reason for not offering both a P2W server and a regular sub-based server, the facebook generation is quite used to P2W but most of us are just too old and grumpy and we don't really want to deal with that stuff, if we can avoid it.

We could run a Poll but I really believe most old school EQ'ers would gladly pay a sub if the game is really good.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The pauldrons are excessive, but my one consolation there is that, so far at least, the large shoulders we've seen in screenshots and concept art have all been on heavy armor, where itkindamakes sense (at least with the slightly exaggerated art style).

As long as robes and leather jerkins aren't coming with 747 wings strapped to the shoulders, I think I'll be fine with it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The shoulders don't make me mad but here's what will.

Green, blue, purple, orange item classification.

items with +1agil, +1stam at lvl 1, items with +50agil, +50atm scalar at lvl 50.

Things like this will quickly lead to me getting max level, doing some end game raids and leaving in the middle of the first content patch. But maybe that's what is considered a "succesful subscriber" these days.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well if getting better items is all that keeps you around, what's the problem with them giving you better items?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It being another WoW clone :/

Once that one facet is in the game, everything else seems to follow

Frankly, I'm pretty sure we're not seeing anything close to what Jacobs is going to try to do in his DAoC spinoff (read: remake)

I don't expect to be building castles out in the frontiers brick for brick with amazing destructible landscape in this thing.

All I want is to be proven wrong :/

And no, the items aren't what keeps me, its the killing players and looting their items and vice versa. Interaction that is made up of real consequence and meaning.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Items with formulaic affixes blatantly represented in their names would be far more damaging and "WoWified" than scalable stats. That's assuming there is a scalable part with absolutely no required levels attached to every single item drop.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I don't expect to see a sharp dagger of the owl (thank god..)

But I would hope like we've all said that a certain hard to pull/manage room in a dungeon has a mob that spawns that drops something you use for at least 10 levels and you feel lucky to have one.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
one thing I'll say about that pic is the site that put it up doesn't have a ton of traffic. Could just be a way to get more people to that page.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think its more likely that this is art from when they made the WoW clone. And they since scrapped that.
Yes, but scrapping mechanics doesn't necessarily mean scrapping art assets. And that screen Smed posted on twitter is fairly consistent with both this kerra artwork, and with the screens and concept art they had shown us from EQN's previous incarnation.

Nobody_sl

shitlord
It also says "previously unreleased" which could mean that it's from the same time period as the bald guy, and those concepts of Gfay and Freeport. Based on the SoE live presentation last year, those things are supposed to be obsolete now. Could just be a throwaway concept from an older iteration. Maybe when they were making WoW 2.0 and scrapped everything?

EDIT: Nevermind. I don't much read very good. Someone already said that...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really love that we are extrapolating game mechanics from a single piece of concept artwork that shows nothing but a furry in plate with mildly exaggerated shoulderpads. Clearly this is the WoW clone the haters have been dreading, and it is here to drink deeply of their despair. Or, it is pretty inline with the "leaked" desktop picture showing ingame assets and mechanically the art style has little to nothing to do with how the game turns out. Except to, you know, make the people who want more shit-tastic EQ2 style character models shit themselves in a worrisome rage.

Serious battered wife vibes among the jimmies being rustled haha.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Orcas are well-known liars. Ignore his words and continue your cries of despair. If you accept the furry what else will you be forced to accept? Stand vigilant. Write your congressman.