EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Like what? Nobody outside of SOE knows anything about EQN, so all there is left is tired old nostalgia-posts by grognards and people reading what they personally want to see into Smed's bland PR tweets.
Massively, TenTonHammer and MMORPG have all seen previews of the game.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Some mentioned a few pages back about the lack of PvP info. Somewhere in EQII's life I really enjoyed and have been pretty much converted to a PvP guy but honestly, I just want a good game. I don't like PvP-lite rulesets that many games boast or do I think anyone that has claimed to be a PvP-centric game has done well. If they know a secret to successful PvP, i'll take it. For now, I just think they need to make a good game that a group of friend can dungeon crawl and raid in a true MMO environment.

kudos

<Banned>
Like what? Nobody outside of SOEknowsanything about EQN, so all there is left is tired old nostalgia-posts by grognards and people reading what theypersonallywant to see into Smed's bland PR tweets.

Itzena just shut he fuck up, faggot. Go back to the dying part of the forum also known as the WoW thread.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Some mentioned a few pages back about the lack of PvP info. Somewhere in EQII's life I really enjoyed and have been pretty much converted to a PvP guy but honestly, I just want a good game. I don't like PvP-lite rulesets that many games boast or do I think anyone that has claimed to be a PvP-centric game has done well. If they know a secret to successful PvP, i'll take it. For now, I just think they need to make a good game that a group of friend can dungeon crawl and raid in a true MMO environment.
Eve is a PVP-Centric game that is doing better than EQ1 or EQ2 ever did, so depends on your definition of "well".

Nothing compares to WoW numbers at it's peak. Even F2P games aren't really drawing millions of total players, much less millions spending ~15bux in cashshops monthly.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gotta be honest, I just checked all three of those sites (tentonhammer/mmorpg/massively) and only massively had anything easily found about EQ:N. Though MMORPG has it as their #1 most hyped game coming out, even if it is still MMORPG.com.

I dislike the waiting for NDA to drop nonsense with secret information. It -always- makes me cautious about what the information holds. "ENTIRE GAME IS EQ-POKEMON~" type retardery or something similar pops into my head unbidden. I guess "we'll" see in the coming weeks, but even if the information is theoretically out there, very little is being spoken about thanks to NDAs. Still putting money in the procedurally generated/moderately instanced/cooperative play hat, since I think that feeds directly into the overall feel of EQ. In my opinion, at least.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Gotta be honest, I just checked all three of those sites (tentonhammer/mmorpg/massively) and only massively had anything easily found about EQ:N. Though MMORPG has it as their #1 most hyped game coming out, even if it is still MMORPG.com.
EQhammer.com is the EQN TTH site as previously posted on this thread. The most interesting massively post was also previously posted on this thread.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
And still nothing aside from speculation and some veiled references w/ buzzwords at eqhammer.com unless storybricks being incorporated is considered new information.

My complaint was about the NDA, not that sites are claiming that they have information. There is still nothing out there aside from buzzwords and speculation at this point. Those sites don't have any information aside from normal media bullshit that is spouted about literally every game ever, just a collection of tweets/posts hinting at possible concepts that might be features if you look at them the right way. That's not information, in my opinion.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Edit: just realized I got into a semantics argument with Tad. I enjoy tilting at windmills occasionally, but not really feeling it today.

Speculation abounds. Concrete facts about the game do not.

roger_sl

shitlord
The tits are always too big. I want variety.
rrr_img_37111.jpg

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Speculation abounds. Concrete facts about the game do not.
Since you don't seem to understand the difference - here's a mix of fact and speculation for you.

Fact: The game will include playerstudio and soe-emote but not EQ2's dungeonmaker

Speculation: Instead of dungeonmaker, players will be able to build keeps, dungeons and etc using in-game tools. However the population of the keeps, dungeons and etc will be determined by in-game AI. If you build a keep and your guild occupies it various 'city-like' NPCs might come and setup shop outside or even inside the walls of your keep. If you build a dungeon and abandon it various adventure-like mob NPCS (rats, orcs, undead) may occupy it and start raiding the local village from it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm the playerstudio is just a way for players to make armor/weapon skins I thought? At lest that's what I remember or how it is implemented atm in EQ. How did that turn into building keeps, dungeons and stuff?

Carl_sl

shitlord
Hmm the playerstudio is just a way for players to make armor/weapon skins I thought? At lest that's what I remember or how it is implemented atm in EQ. How did that turn into building keeps, dungeons and stuff?
The dungeon bit was extra speculation but I feel like we got some information about a house building system.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
sandbox/eqcraft

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Rift's beta had constant planar attacks etc

It's no mystery that the WoW players came in and cried because they had to make an effort to form a group, use one of their soul slots to spec healing or tank, and clear the invaded town.

No. We can't have anything but sickeningly easy and convenient game play and a quest grind where everyone can spec glass cannon pewpew numbers builds.

Hopefully EQN tells these kinds of people to "suck it up" and "buy a new graphics card".

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Eve is a PVP-Centric game that is doing better than EQ1 or EQ2 ever did, so depends on your definition of "well".

Nothing compares to WoW numbers at it's peak. Even F2P games aren't really drawing millions of total players, much less millions spending ~15bux in cashshops monthly.
Eve is doing well, it isnt due to PVP but lack of other games like it. EVE in current state of things is comparable to EQ in its golden era time, limited competition. The closest game I semi remember but didnt have the chance to play was Earth and Beyond.

They would increase their subs if they would simply cater more towards PVE players vs PVP. Some reason they think 0.0 is the golden lands players need to be in to fuel the pvp pirating player base they seem to love.

WoW numbers at its peak was also pulling in veterans and the next generation of players, some being children of veteran players. Computers were getting cheaper and more parents were able to get their kids a computer at a younger age than before.

WoW did well to keep system requirement low as to pull in a bigger amount of players that could play the game. It hit a bigger target and was easier to get into "simple Play style curve" while also riding the "Blizzard, it has to be great but insanely repetitive content game wave". The biggest completion I remember seeing with EQ subs dropping from new game wave before WoW hit was DAOC. By the time WoW hit, DAOC was blah!

Not arguing that WoW was good or bad but it too hit at the right time with its competition being much older than what it had to complete against, a greater amount of player base and the "Blizzard Hype". FTP games may not have the sub numbers but I am willing to believe they are starting to rank up the list in revenue from its cash shops and some of these games will surpass WoW because of it.

belfast_sl

shitlord
Nah, I don't think Eve will ever blow up in subs, simply because of it's setting. "You" aren't really you in that game; there's way too much separation from your character and yourself. Only the most dedicated (to that game) or most hardcore role players can form a strong attachment to a picture of your actual character. All ships are the same, the only difference is the little character portrait and who's typing. Hopefully that made sense.

Versus: is that Dr. Neir? Oh yeah, it's definitely Dr. Neir...he is one of 4 people with the [insert noticeably unique rare weapon], warrior bracers from the plane of the Devil (they are deep red with yellow skulls, that's how I know), and that rare as hell Pegacorn cloak that lets you run fast and float.

I'm going to go try to get that cloak tonight so I can be partially as awesome as Dr. Neir.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eve is doing well, it isnt due to PVP but lack of other games like it. EVE in current state of things is comparable to EQ in its golden era time, limited competition. The closest game I semi remember but didnt have the chance to play was Earth and Beyond.

They would increase their subs if they would simply cater more towards PVE players vs PVP. Some reason they think 0.0 is the golden lands players need to be in to fuel the pvp pirating player base they seem to love.
I was playing Earth and Beyond just before EvE released. Everyone in EaB talked constantly about moving to EvE. And once it was released everyone pretty much did. EaB shut down not long after that. EaB was a PvE focused mmo that really wasn't done that well.

A lot of people don't remember but EvE looked quite a bit different at release and played a bit differently too. PvP was always important but they sold the PvE aspect much more back then. And much of EvE's initial playerbase were PvE'rs. It is the PvP sandbox element that made them successful in the long run so their PvE took a back seat.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, I don't think Eve will ever blow up in subs, simply because of it's setting. "You" aren't really you in that game; there's way too much separation from your character and yourself. Only the most dedicated (to that game) or most hardcore role players can form a strong attachment to a picture of your actual character. All ships are the same, the only difference is the little character portrait and who's typing. Hopefully that made sense.

Versus: is that Dr. Neir? Oh yeah, it's definitely Dr. Neir...he is one of 4 people with the [insert noticeably unique rare weapon], warrior bracers from the plane of the Devil (they are deep red with yellow skulls, that's how I know), and that rare as hell Pegacorn cloak that lets you run fast and float.

I'm going to go try to get that cloak tonight so I can be partially as awesome as Dr. Neir.
While I absolutely agree with you in principle, even EQ1 with it's heavy social requirements took a shit on this when they introduced armor dyes. I loved being able to tell who the other well equipped players were. Cobalt blue warriors, purple clerics, etc all screamed well equipped and (mostly) skilled players at one time. I felt the introduction of armor dyes really killed another aspect of the game.