EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm going off Flips info.. I think there will be dynamic content in addition to that stuff but who knows.. it could work like that.. As long as I'm not running the same dungeons over and over again...
Storybricks promises truly dynamic content. We'll see.

Look I'm not asking for endless pre-summon corpse runs or logging out at the end of the night with LESS experience than when I logged in the morning.

But i'd like some of those "You begin to appear" moments back if you know what I mean.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I am all for long leveling curves for a change, making max level was an actual accomplishment at one point in time not just a weekend activity. I like the idea of having alternate advancement like AA's (fuck off i don't care if it limits entry down the road its a great feature!) that you can progress on during leveling so there isn't as much of a huge rush to the top as well. EQ2 actually did a few things right (alot of things wrong) in this regard.

All these years I still remember our first few 50's in EQ on our server. Marc (mage) running around in his shinny SMR on the server as one of the first 50's still is in my memory 13+ years later (EQ- lanys server).

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to love watching Friday come and go with almost no questions being completely answered and dozens of new questions popping up as a result. This thread is going to get even worse past Friday (something I didn't think was possible before).

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Please tell me someone will record and post the Q/A session on Saturday.
This I want very much to watch and see the devs answer not just read a chat log.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt we will miss any info. People covering it will be all over every little detail just to not sound redundant as the rest of the gaming sites

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
With all of the talk from SOE about it blowing your mind, I think I'll have a pretty good idea if I'm at all interested after the reveal. Probably won't even bother with the other stuff.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If this game is a shit covered dick but on the PS4, I will thank SoE for fucking me and my sleep schedule with it.

If its decent I might go on welfare and devote 100% of my anus to raising its babies.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If this game is a shit covered dick but on the PS4, I will thank SoE for fucking me and my sleep schedule with it.

If its decent I might go on welfare and devote 100% of my anus to raising its babies.
Is there anyone, anywhere who doesn't think EQN will be on the PS4 (albeit maybe a few months after the PC release)?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I am curious to see how FFXIV sales turn out. Obviously its too late in the design cycle to influence EQN's direction but if they pull off a successful hybrid experience it will help pave the path forward. Personally, as mentioned previously, I hate the idea personally as the game will always be designed "differently" knowing part of the customer base will be consule based but if they can increase return on development due to increased customers I understand why they would be pushing into this market.

Meh...

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I remember in I believe summer of 07 (year before WAR was released) , me and 3 of my buddies took a few days off and drove to Baltimore to a Warhammer convention. Was an excuse to get away from work/wives/kids for a few days and hit a city we never had , but the draw was that particular convention was where Mythic was going to be for the first public demo of WAR and anyone who attended got a card/code that got you into early WAR beta.

After everything from chatting it up with Jacobs while waiting in line to play the scenario that they let attendees play , to the Q/A with Hickman and the yelling from Barnett , they all were truly convinced themselves at that time they had a true WoW competitor on hand. They had us convinced also.

Warhammer IP , DAOC devs , what could it mean but pure bliss and a smash success.

Here's to hoping the EQN game will match the reveal hype.

The WAR hype and hope then end result was what crushed my mmo soul. I've been slightly hyped and looking forward to a game here and there since , but nothing like anything WAR or before.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
rrr_img_38399.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
A few friends and I went to Columbus, Ohio for the same thing but we never got any keys >
frown.png

We went to a giant convention just for the mythic booth pretty much and we too were completely sold on it. The only thing I'm looking forward to any mmo is housing.. as lame as that is. I can't seem to get excited for anything else before I actually play it nowadays.

I didn't play much EQ but I'm hoping to get into EQN :x

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I am curious to see how FFXIV sales turn out. Obviously its too late in the design cycle to influence EQN's direction but if they pull off a successful hybrid experience it will help pave the path forward. Personally, as mentioned previously, I hate the idea personally as the game will always be designed "differently" knowing part of the customer base will be consule based but if they can increase return on development due to increased customers I understand why they would be pushing into this market.

Meh...
FFXIV doesn't have much to differentiate itself from the post-wow mmos, other than a good story, a strong IP they abuse properly(magitek armor, lightning event, FFXI classes, Nobuo Uematsu music, monsters from every FF etc) and a slower paced combat, but not that slow. I don't believe it'll have any impact on EQN, other than maybe a confirmation that slower combat can still work out. However it might already be too late in EQN developement to consider changing the entire pace of combat, which amounts to having to redo everything.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
A few friends and I went to Columbus, Ohio for the same thing but we never got any keys >
frown.png

We went to a giant convention just for the mythic booth pretty much and we too were completely sold on it. The only thing I'm looking forward to any mmo is housing.. as lame as that is. I can't seem to get excited for anything else before I actually play it nowadays.

I didn't play much EQ but I'm hoping to get into EQN :x
You didn't miss anything in the early beta. They ran the closed beta that fall and shut it down for a few months and then reopened it like in Feb or something the summer before launch.

The most amusing thing about the early WAR beta were the Jacobs rants at times when a CB poster on the forums would piss him off. He at times held nothing back. They were slightly more coherent at least than the McQuaid posts on the VG closed beta forums.

I think they actually only did the guaranteed give out of keys at that first one in Baltimore. What happened was you had several folks go around as the convention doors were opening and asking all the attendees "are you going to use that beta key card?". There were tons there for the miniatures part only and handed over stacks of the beta key cards. That night Ebay and other sites popped up with them going for $100 plus a piece.

I'm thinking SOE will just straight sell early beta access to EQN similar to PS2.