EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
At any rate he "looks" like he has been playing games for a while. I mean, the dude rocks a ponytail and is paler than Casper's ass.
rrr_img_38412.jpg
rrr_img_38413.jpg

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Warhammer depresses me, because the developers who had the license before Mythic actually had some interesting ideas, and actually seemed to want to make the sandboxy virtual world that I've always been wanting, and in its place we got that sad excuse for an mmo that Mythic crapped out.

Nadili_sl

shitlord
So who thinks we will see dungeons like Guk, and Sebilis in EQN? Are those days over with well laid out, maze like dungeons... This is one of the biggest things I'm hoping to see in game.
I can't imagine a everquest without Guk or Seb I venture to think they may come later but will be in at some point.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Ut has been absent a lot lately
There probably isn't much more to say at this point. Even best case scenario, if first impressions are good and SOE doesn't manage to screw things up at release, the game may end up like so many others and have people leave in droves a few months later when people get bored or start noticing flaws and shortcomings.

There will be plenty of time for Ut to reappear and tell everyone "I TOLD YOU SO", then half of us will roll our eyes because we already made the same guesses and the other half will revert back to mocking WOW and how it is cartoony, a theme park or the McDonalds of MMOs while ignoring all of EQN's faults.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
this game is going to come down to whether or not they learned from their mistakes when they made the abortion that was EQ2 and can they possibly catch lightning in a bottle again like they did when they made the original EQ? my guess would be, no.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
How much is a PC that can run this thing well going to cost me? Educated guess, of course.
AMD CPUs have been know to run like garbage in Planetside 2. PS2 is so heavily CPU bound its almost comincal. I have an i7 3770k and 2 gtx 670s and I drop to 45-55fps in large battles (around 60-80 people) and 35-45 in massive battles (100+). This whole time my CPU is 30% utilized and both GPUs are sitting around 25%. Some of the worst optimization I have ever encountered.

In reality you will want an i3 4gigs of ram and preferred SSD install with a 7850 to run the game decently.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
this game is going to come down to whether or not they learned from their mistakes when they made the abortion that was EQ2 and can they possibly catch lightning in a bottle again like they did when they made the original EQ? my guess would be, no.
I'm more worried about their monetary system they implement. Nothing kills a game more than the F2P model that isn't superficial cosmetics or character slots/bank space quality of life upgrades. If they add XP potions or a system where paying helps you progress faster, this game will be another whaling operation by SoE with all xp balancing designed around people who pay.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
That's the future of F2P games. Cash shops with things that don't help gameplay don't generate enough revenue to support a game.

Bitch all you want, but it's not going to do any good.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Georgeson
I'm not a huge fan of Georgeson personally but I think it is primarily result of bad timing. It appeared to those of us (the few of us) that really played EQ2, by all appearances, Georgeson seemed to be the downfall of a game that was finally beginning to take shape. Everyone loved Scott though and I guess by comparison we may have unjustly labeled Georgeson. I've been trying to give it the benefit of the doubt (his involvement) but over the years, he just did not communicate good ideas that the playerbase felt actually improved gameplay. instead Georgeson always seemed to be behind shiny bells and whistles instead of addressing critical issues.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
That's the future of F2P games. Cash shops with things that don't help gameplay don't generate enough revenue to support a game.

Bitch all you want, but it's not going to do any good.
Valve showed us how TF2 can go to F2P and not affect the outcome of the gameplay.

SoE and EA take it to another level. I play in one of PS2's top outfits and a large portion of us won't pay for another weapon even if we are told to do so to gain the competitive edge. I rather cause 10 players to rage quit the game while I farm them to pay for the weapon now.

Nadili_sl

shitlord
I'm not a huge fan of Georgeson personally but I think it is primarily result of bad timing. It appeared to those of us (the few of us) that really played EQ2, by all appearances, Georgeson seemed to be the downfall of a game that was finally beginning to take shape. Everyone loved Scott though and I guess by comparison we may have unjustly labeled Georgeson. I've been trying to give it the benefit of the doubt (his involvement) but over the years, he just did not communicate good ideas that the playerbase felt actually improved gameplay. instead Georgeson always seemed to be behind shiny bells and whistles instead of addressing critical issues.
Yeah I agree myself included, not to take anything away from Scott but I am a huge fangirl and think possibly it was just rock and a hard play for Georgeson especially with his background in F2P.

Since leaving Eq2 and watching him in interviews I have a higher appreciation for Georgeson, it might be just a buzzword but I like the fact he wants to get away from the MMO title more towards Virtual worlds.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I will always thanks Warhammer for Public Quests.
Fuckin' right. Warhammer is one of the first MMO's I've seen do public questing properly and since then people have only improved it. That's about all that game did great aside from pvp areas in level 1-20 lol. It was fun for a little while though.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Valve showed us how TF2 can go to F2P and not affect the outcome of the gameplay.

SoE and EA take it to another level. I play in one of PS2's top outfits and a large portion of us won't pay for another weapon even if we are told to do so to gain the competitive edge. I rather cause 10 players to rage quit the game while I farm them to pay for the weapon now.
I don't even see how TF2 is comparable, considering the servers are all player operated. I mean, what did they have to lose by going F2P? The game had been out for years, and they really don't have any large operating costs. Selling a hat that took half a day to make is just all profit.

For an MMO, they have much higher sales requirements just to break even with operating costs (servers, customer support, etc), which is probably why they blur the lines of what's considered 'convenience' or actually gives a gameplay advantage.