EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It's hilarious Soygen. You should watch a stream of it from start to finish. To be rewarded with what the official logo of EQ Next looks like and you can hear the 45th rewrite of the music from Balmora.
The music was fine, we'll see what's in the air this afternoon.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
We really are a minority. Looking around different gaming websites, theres no mention or hype pumping of Eqnext reveal.
Imagine if it was blizzard announcing another expension. Freakin Times magazine would have it front page.

Anyways my tissues are ready and theyll get used a 100%. Ill masturbate to the news if its awsome or ill end up crying in them if its jean-luc facepalm worthy.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Double post.

Tad10, I hope to Christ you are getting a refund for this trip or didn't pay for it out of your own pocket.
(Or at least take home a 780)

belfast_sl

shitlord
They really couldn't have chosen worse speakers, but I guess that's the price paid to "interact with the dev team" for the superfans that go to these things.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This video is supposed to be the first half of the night, but it's bugged. It doesn't play despite the mouseover of the timeline showing plenty of content.

The EQ/EQ2 Keynote video does function though.

Here'sSOE Live by MC Ohm-I. I don't think this version is the live one from last night. It sounds too sharp.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You could have just said "no."

Who here thought a bunch of video game nerds were going to be good at public speaking? It was awful and it should have been. Unless they hired professional speakers to do it for them, which they obviously didn't do.

Ironically, a bunch of video game nerds are much better at being critical of public speaking than actually doing it.

This isn't even the game. Who gives a shit? Does anyone recall anything about the fanfaires when EQ was in it's prime? I'm almost certain they were just as bad, yet people still managed to like the game.

A few more hours and we'll have something tangible to judge.
It's just hard to feel hopeful about a company or group of people doing something right when they should be able to see how clearly almost that entire night last night was way wrong. Sure, there's a lot of minds (developers, artists, designers, etc) that weren't on that stage, but the highest echelon of SOE thought the presentations were a good thing and that kind of completely incorrect thinking makes me seriously doubt what "good thing" they think EQN should be. Again, doesn't matter so much given we'll know a lot more very soon, but it definitely does not give any reason to be positive.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
We really are a minority. Looking around different gaming websites, theres no mention or hype pumping of Eqnext reveal.
Imagine if it was blizzard announcing another expension. Freakin Times magazine would have it front page.
Eh? Google news shows a decent amount of coverage on most of the usual suspects.

jcr4990_sl

shitlord
I cant wait for all the people that are crying about the music not being the original EQ1 theme to see the EQN reveal and cry about all the ways that EQN isn't EQ1: HD

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Im going in to this expecting extreme disappointment but hoping that the effort they put in to making this game so secret (more info about the ps4/xbone came out before their reveals) pays off and it actually is something new and exciting.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It's just hard to feel hopeful about a company or group of people doing something right when they should be able to see how clearly almost that entire night last night was way long.
FFY. The new EQ1/EQ2 content was fine (at least the audience seemed interested - I couldn't care less about either) though Thom again struck me as an example of the Peter Principle in action; but all the other fluff stuff and the Dragon's Prophet pumping when not one shit about the game was given by anyone in the audience...

Cut the stupid DP video. Cut all the fluff (did we really need an EQII video to the tune of I like Big Butts?) and it would have been solid. Not great but a solid presentation of what's coming. Not only that, but it wouldn't have run almost an hour over.

Marketing, how does it work?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
UT..why is EQN going to be so bad? Break it down man.. Serious question.
Remember that keynote introduction rapper? Imagine that multiplied by 3 Jeff Butler Clones and Dave Georgeson trying to figure out how to work a Vestax Spin DJ controller, adding a cash shop with all the people in the audience being able to tell the rapper what to rap about.... and calling it EMERGENT. (Is it too early to drink yet?)