EQ Never

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Draegan! Fix your boards! I know its probably not in your control, but Internet time honored tradition.

Now I'm a Soule fan, but EQ music has always been VERY bombastic and that's about the antithesis of what Soule does. He'll have to stretch his style and go beyond his comfort zone here.

Caeden

eek.png

New TES composer incoming?

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't understand why they had to change EQ's music theme.

EQ had a strong theme, just like Monkey Island or Star Wars.. you don't want to completely change it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Apologize if this was already posted but it's a great article.

http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/everq...e-again/#50471
I interviewed Jeff Butler in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood about Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and I was thoroughly impressed with his vision and depth of understanding for what makes for a great fantasy MMORPGs. I always felt that Jeff was one of the unsung heroes of the original EverQuest dev team. - See more at:http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/everq...e-again/#50471
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in my life. This guy should just hop off the grassroots train and if he does post here, show yourself. With that said, obviously out of touch with why Vanguard failed, why this will fail, why Georgeson is terrible for anything he touches, and... Well, you thought last night was a shit show. Get with the program Wolf... whatever. The reason why Vanguard failed wasn't because of Microsoft. It was because Jeff Butler couldn't produce his way out of a box, McQuaid was hooked on drugs at the time, and they all fell flat on their ass. When Microsoft saw what they had after squandering a shit ton of cash, they pulled the plug and dumped it. (Note this is the one time I am on the side of Microsoft)

Back to the music.

Jeremy Soule is the most overrated person in this industry when it comes to music for games. It's the same style, the same rehashed scaling, and EVERYTHING he produces sounds like Morrowind. Fucking.... everything. He is what RA Salvatore is to the fantasy genre. A common name stamp who hasn't done anything worth a shit in the last 10-15 years. (Kind of like the people running EQ Next!)

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
HAHA!

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in my life. This guy should just hop off the grassroots train and if he does post here, show yourself. This is the biggest load of shit I have ever read in my life, and you are obviously out of touch with why Vanguard failed, why this will fail, why Georgeson is terrible for anything he touches, and... Well, you thought last night was a shit show.

I cannot wait to see the hilarious reactions and facepalms when this retard can write another article kissing ass for a few kickbacks.

Did he win a GTX 780 last night along with whoever Heather was?

Jeremy Soule is the most overrated person in this industry when it comes to music for games. It's the same style, the same rehashed scaling, and EVERYTHING he produces sounds like Morrowind. Fucking.... everything. He is what RA Salvatore is to the fantasy genre. A common name stamp who hasn't done anything worth a shit in the last 10-15 years. (Kind of like the people running EQ Next!)
HAHA!

Care to elaborate why he's wrong. Just go over a few points and explain where he was wrong. I'm interested to see your point of view.

Haha!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
HAHA!

Care to elaborate why he's wrong. Just go over a few points and explain where he was wrong. I'm interested to see your point of view.

Haha!
I edited it out the haha. And the point to Vanguard I just explained. Do you know * Anything * about Jeff Butler, his business ethics, his morals of producing, his management side? Do you know anything about Dave Georgeson in that regard as well? Thought not. You remember that SOE employee letter? Those two, and others like them, are how that letter exists.

If you want to be an SOE apologist good luck doing that here. Some of us know all the backdoor workings of SOE and why they continue to fucking flat ... out.... suck. And it's because of the aforementioned people. Seeing that being said about Jeff Butler is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, and most here know it. It isn't even close to true, he has his head shoved firmly up his ass, and at a high 30k foot level just look at the end result of the games he has been involved in. If you want to move deeper, find some e-buddies within SOE (Or those that have moved on to actually have a career that isn't as embarrassing as last night's opening keynote)

PS: Thanks Ayeshala. Common sense for Laura is like telling Lisa Boelyn how to design a dungeon with 4 walls.

Edit: I am excited about the reveal today. I cannot wait to see the hilarious posts and laugh again like last night. About the only entertainment you will see from this abortion of a game will be the humor in this thread coming from the result of 569 facepalms, disbelief anything could be designed this idiotically, and if anything, will show that once on a track for the better, it proves once and for all when you re-hire the idiots responsible for the shit-show in the first place, you'll get another shit-show.

belfast_sl

shitlord
You could have just said "no."

Who here thought a bunch of video game nerds were going to be good at public speaking? It was awful and it should have been. Unless they hired professional speakers to do it for them, which they obviously didn't do.

Ironically, a bunch of video game nerds are much better at being critical of public speaking than actually doing it.

This isn't even the game. Who gives a shit? Does anyone recall anything about the fanfaires when EQ was in it's prime? I'm almost certain they were just as bad, yet people still managed to like the game.

A few more hours and we'll have something tangible to judge.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You could have just said "no."

Who here thought a bunch of video game nerds were going to be good at public speaking? It was awful and it should have been. Unless they hired professional speakers to do it for them, which they obviously didn't do.

Ironically, a bunch of video game nerds are much better at being critical of public speaking than actually doing it.
They aren't video game nerds. They are unethical marketing and business folks that have sucked the souls out of their employees and games for 14 years so the top 6 can go back to those yesteryears of driving phat cars and seeing those huge bonus checks. The cheese moved 10 years ago, and 5-6 little mice over at SOE are still strapping on their little shoes, running to the same corner with no cheese, with those hovering above watching the rat race astounded they haven't starved to death and keeled over in their little corner.

So until this afternoon, please meet the folks responsible for Dragon Prophet's video theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0YkXmebAGM

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The theme music if beautiful, cinema quality, but there is not one note that takes you back to Everquest. As others have said, EQ has a very recognizable theme song that really shouldn't be changed. I think that was one thing about EQII's music is that you found bits of Everquest's music in each zone. Someone better be getting all over this and tell Soule that Everquest needs to sound like Everquest.

I don't care what format, bit, whatever EQ1 was in but their music was extremely well done for the time and they just need to talk to that guy if he's still living. I use to know him but don't have time to look it up and refresh my memory.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally caught up with the 15 pages added to this thread last night. Haha. Are the videos up on Youtube yet? The only thing I'm interested in seeing is the rapping that everyone was hating on!

Caeden

In short, everything showed yesterday sucked. All of it. And that is 10 years of suck. But EQN...that will save them.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
The theme music if beautiful, cinema quality, but there is not one note that takes you back to Everquest. As others have said, EQ has a very recognizable theme song that really shouldn't be changed. I think that was one thing about EQII's music is that you found bits of Everquest's music in each zone. Someone better be getting all over this and tell Soule that Everquest needs to sound like Everquest.

I don't care what format, bit, whatever EQ1 was in but their music was extremely well done for the time and they just need to talk to that guy if he's still living. I use to know him but don't have time to look it up and refresh my memory.
All this. No big rises. Very average fantasy stuff.

belfast_sl

shitlord
That's like, 98% of the working world; working at a shit job with shit bosses, or policy that you may not agree with but are expected to do it anyways, because someone chooses to exchange their skill/talent for money. I'm not going to say DOW treats their employees likeshit because the next shower cleaner or tape coming down the pipeline might suck.

All we want is a good game. If the employees hate their job, find another one. That is so far removed from what anyone here cares about.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Finally caught up with the 15 pages added to this thread last night. Haha. Are the videos up on Youtube yet? The only thing I'm interested in seeing is the rapping that everyone was hating on!
It's hilarious Soygen. You should watch a stream of it from start to finish. To be rewarded with what the official logo of EQ Next looks like and you can hear the 45th rewrite of the music from Balmora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywkwAoENBY