EQ Never

either what qwerty said or we're about to find out that SOE's perspective on the future of MMORPGs isn't reliant on combat.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
THat crafting write up also hints at using a skill system kind of like ac1 in that you "make progress" (ie. experience from doing non repative crafting of the same items) then spend it on your crafting to level it up.

Now if they have that in place for all adventuring and crafting classes it will actually make customizing to the nth degree worthwhile. Anyone that has played ac1 will/should be able to see how this with other class info that has been talked about could make for a lot of different builds and paths to endgame builds.

It would be nice to have an actual character development system like ac1 but more advanced again in the mmo genre.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This sounds pretty cool, especially the last bit.
When they said you could tell what a weapon was by looking at it, I got super excited. But then he continued and it sounded more like, "That's a fire axe, because fire." I was more hoping for...I know what this dude has, cause I can see he's dual wielding SSoY's, or I recognize that he has an epic.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, is the xxx of xxx type itemization. Give me crafted/lambent/stein of moggok type itemization, where I know what the fuck is going on.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
When they said you could tell what a weapon was by looking at it, I got super excited. But then he continued and it sounded more like, "That's a fire axe, because fire." I was more hoping for...I know what this dude has, cause I can see he's dual wielding SSoY's, or I recognize that he has an epic.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, is the xxx of xxx type itemization.
I think it all depends on whether the axe is harder to get than the fire enchant.

i can appreciate that they're trying something new, but judging by the art and combat, this just lacks the eq spirit. i would have liked to have seen something like black desert online but a little less korean.
The only thing that they showed that I am skeptical about is the combat. I don't mind actiony combat as long as its "easy to learn, difficult to master" with a lot of depth. Unfortunately what they showed did not indicate the later. On the plus side, the combat clearly was in an unfinished state.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, is the xxx of xxx type itemization.
This is purely speculation, but it could go a bit more with what they were talking about later:

Because of the way our game works, copper is always useful, because copper has specific qualities. Iron is always useful, mithril is always useful. All of these things are always useful to you, depending on what you want to make.
For example, Copper is pretty recognizable. Perhaps Copper items augment Lightning attacks better, because they're good conductors of electricity. Perhaps certain types of wood augment Fire spells, and it's color is recognizable, etc.

Again, just purely speculation, but it could end up being pretty cool without just having a 'red glow' to mean it augments fire spells.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
ah yes black desert. While watching the twitch stream I couldn't help but keep thinking "ah you guys have been following Black Desert's development too?" every time that douche bag (tuttle? whoever the host was) said "...which we've never seen before in an MMO" or "which is totally innovative" or "which is totally new and not stolen from the koreans"

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Black Desert - I want to believe.
Sure.. who doesn't. I can give a list of games that I want to believe in. They each possess one thing or another I wish I would have seen today but when it comes down to it, they all lack something that prevents me from playing beyond the first month. I've yet to see anything that can get me through the first few weeks. I'm still trying to figure out if EQNext will be any different. Problem is, we just don't have enough. As others have said, what we were shown today was staged. Outside of seeing what the game is going to look at early on and some of their ideas, we really didn't see the game. We just know it exists now.