EQ Never

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
People are already complaining about nighttime being too dark. If the developers listen to that kind of feedback then this game is doomed.
Do you have a link or source to these complaints? So far I've seen one person mention seeing one person say it in the Twitch chat-spam during the presentation.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Meaning ? ...
I don't think they're much in favor of aggressive pvp or hostile player interaction. To piggyback on what someone else said earlier "Despite how much control they'll give players, I bet you won't even be able to attack Guards."

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok ... trying to understand the link between that and the game being to dark post you quoted. Lol, guess still too early for me. Or not.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Ok ... trying to understand the link between that and the game being to dark post you quoted. Lol, guess still too early for me. Or not.
People crying about the game being too dark tend to be complete faggots about other things, too.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Their class idea is going to run into the same issues as D3. A lack of any identity in your character tends to not feel very good. I totally get they want "horizontal" skill growth to mean more power, so someone with more classes has more ways to deal with things, but they also need to find a way to balance and reward people who make well rounded builds (And not specialized in X or Y task.)...Allowing (And it seems encouraging) encounter based specialization ends up in the same vein as resist of bane gear--you essentially just need the right tool to solve the problem. But as shown in D3, people like their identity, they don't want their character to simply change for a task--they want to build something and be known for it. There was a mountain of feedback in D3 over that issue, and that's why the terrible Neph valor system was implemented.

You can solve that with gear (So to be good at something you need more than just a skill swap), which it sounds like they are trying to do because of how gear interacts with skills--and that's good but it has it's own issues. Eventually your game could become a tedious wardrobe organizer where people carry ten suits of armor in their pocket to flip into whatever role they want at the moment. Many sandbox games handle that by associating risk with lugging shit around, so most people keep their kits at a safe house (Which combined with long travel times, gives permanence to skills--because traveling back to suit up sucks.) But they said shit is going to be BoE, so I doubt we will see decay or loss on death, because items will be too important--so it leads to the issues above.

Anyway, I see lots of problems with multiclassing beyond just a hit to interdependence. They need to be really careful how gear, gear obtainment, death penalty, travel and everything works into this system.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Is the official forum working for anyone? I can only see 4 posts. Why have a forum if no one can post in it? I gotta keep the BBFO movement alive!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
theres a problem with seeing other peoples posts. theres only 4 topics currently but they all have a few hundred posts under them.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Is the official forum working for anyone? I can only see 4 posts. Why have a forum if no one can post in it? I gotta keep the BBFO movement alive!
Yeah, I logged in and it's only 4 threads, but tons of posts in each thread.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I don't think they're much in favor of aggressive pvp or hostile player interaction. To piggyback on what someone else said earlier "Despite how much control they'll give players, I bet you won't even be able to attack Guards."
Aren't restricted theme park sandboxes dreamy?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Aren't restricted theme park sandboxes dreamy?
I agree, I could easily see this game ending up being the "worst of both worlds" in terms of having the worst aspects of sandboxes (ie no real overarching goals) while having the worst aspects of theme park games (no real player interaction.)

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Someone asked Georgeson if players would ever be able to damage other players' property and he almost had a stroke upon hearing the question before answering "N-NO! NEVER! NO!"
hopefully this isn't completely true. Would be cool if there are factions and faction areas where the players build up the building and they can be attacked and destroyed by the rivaling factions. Being able to destroy a players property would end up just a griefer fest of constantly keeping a players house in crumbles just cause its funny watching him cry about it.

I have known for long time the graphics for pc models were going to be Cartoony prior to Fridays announcement.

Even though cant stand cartoony models ala wow art style if they have the gameplay,content,fun etc can live with it just like I did with classic wow after the betas.

My issue is not that even Smed lied to you all that believed him about have a playable game this year or the fact that he scraped the design and he does not want to be another wow.

Anyone that knows some devs at SOE past and present will tell you that its well known that Smed,Linda,smokejumper and crew that SOE would die to have even 25% of wows subs, cash shop now, as well as selling game copies for the game alone.
Now to mention all the free PR wow gets cause of the rep blizzard has as well as wow.
To say SOE is jealous would be massive understandment.

My big issue is not that Smed lied to us on it now being Wow clone with the character models etc so farr, or that it would be playable this year.
I as everyone knows already have been calling BS on both those for long fucking time.
My Issue is for those of us that played the alpha to beta to launch in EQ and EQ2 and vanguard is that by going with the cartoony models SOE is basically marketing this to more fucking kids.
Money wise don't blame SOE for wanting even 25% of wow numbers, so understand why they are doing the cartoony models, the more systems as well as ps4 and xbone that can run it ,means the more $$$ shit they can have.

However I can see SOE even making some plushie stuffed animals for the character models for both PR and to sell like fucking Disney does I can see the female players eating this shit up.
Hell my GF who loves Everquest 2 housing 1st comments were OMG there so cute to the character models.
I wanted to throw up.

Basically Lads Next is now going to be jammed packed with kiddies this for those of us that wanted a Combo or eq classic, and 2, vanguard, wow the best systems out of all in HD its not going to happen.
I have no proof but think the wow current model super casual for Raids, and maybe even dungeons is going to happen now that is where the money is and more subs, more ftp players more cash shop money etc.

This game will not be Everquest Next to me if they don't have rare spawns, place holders as well as rare mini bosses and bosses as well as world bosses.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
hopefully this isn't completely true. Would be cool if there are factions and faction areas where the players build up the building and they can be attacked and destroyed by the rivaling factions. Being able to destroy a players property would end up just a griefer fest of constantly keeping a players house in crumbles just cause its funny watching him cry about it.
Yeah, I'm hoping there are at least community-owned areas that can be destroyed in PVP, etc. I don't really care if they protect the player housing.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I agree, I could easily see this game ending up being the "worst of both worlds" in terms of having the worst aspects of sandboxes (ie no real overarching goals) while having the worst aspects of theme park games (no real player interaction.)
Yeah. It's like having a sandbox as a kid and your parents telling you that you cannot play with the dumpster and the crane and can only use the plastic shovel.

If SOE had any sense at this moment, they would be ignoring a lot of the negatives and create the sandbox and really give * complete * control to players.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Yeah. It's like having a sandbox as a kid and your parents telling you that you cannot play with the dumpster and the crane and can only use the plastic shovel.

If SOE had any sense at this moment, they would be ignoring a lot of the negatives and create the sandbox and really give * complete * control to players.
rrr_img_38834.jpg

Baby come back, you can blame it all on me.

Torok_sl

shitlord
Is there anyway to "ignore" bad posters so I don't have to read or scroll past their .. very large amounts of dribble?

Edit: Nm found it, click on name to go to profile and ignore user. Yay! No more Tidbit!