EQ Never

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How about just the holy unity, where you need a healer or you're all dead. Other than that, be innovative?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Darren: Yes the game will recognize when you?re acting in a defense/support role."

Maybe just a looser Trinity system? We'll have to see, I guess.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything about the Vanguard art, the engine, the models and the animations were goddam awful or subpar at best. Alas in this business there are very few extremely talented artists and even inside companies like Blizzard and SOE there are not that many so certainly you won't waste them for a B game.
The original character art for VG was very good. It was some of my favorite character art I've ever seen in a mmo. Aion is the only thing that topped it in my opinion. The zone art is also very good. The engine and all of that needed a ton of work but that wasn't the fault of the artists.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just.. hope they mean that everyone can do everything but still some classes are far better at it and you may still need a tank if you want to do a boss.

I've played healer for the last 10 years and would like to continue to do so. I guess I'll wait to see gameplay of the classes working together before I start crying but ew gross

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Maybe one day someone will kill the trinity and actually succeed.

That day will not come from an SOE release.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Darren: Yes the game will recognize when you're acting in a defense/support role."

GW2 had and tried this too, it just didn't work out. Not sure I trust SOEs programmers more then Anets.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
rrr_img_38868.jpg

Confirmed!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Maybe one day someone will kill the trinity and actually succeed.

That day will not come from an SOE release.
Yea, I don't trust that they have an alternative solution that I'll enjoy. The dynamic works so far. The alternatives we've been offered before were not very good.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The art direction is a little off and it doesn't feel like EQ but.. its still good, its still good.

rrr_img_38867.jpg

The combat isn't exactly appealing or what I wanted but, it's still good, it's still good..

rrr_img_38869.jpg

They went with a no trinity, GW2 style system..

rrr_img_38870.jpg

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Darren: Yes the game will recognize when you're acting in a defense/support role."

Yes some builds will offer more protection/pets while others will be more glass cannons. But the point is that you do not have full time healers. Instead of healing you will have to make sure that the mob killing your party member gets taken down. The entire design is about not playing the UI but playing the game.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
They love polls on the EQN website. They better poll this shit. They said this panel isn't gospel and they better be tweaking that shit right now.

xzi

Mouthbreather
"Utility classes will be rewarded for their efforts #EQNext"

Maybe there is slight hope?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The whole joy of being an Argo management, crowd control, or healing class is being directly responsible for the success of a group and to be able to manage the shortcomings of others.

Please, let us help inexperienced players succeed with our own skills.
frown.png

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they are toting about class freedom, it wouldn't make sense to make EVERYONE chose at least 1 healing ability. That would be dumb, and that is not freedom. I'll wait to see what else they say.
What if healing is a weapon skill, and you can only use that weapon as a Cleric? Sure you can mix and match in some other class skills, though. Or maybe without using a Cleric weapon, you only get access to weaker HoTs?

I have to imagine there's going to be some limitations on certain skills.

Additionally, it may not be beneficial to get a self heal as a Defensive class in a raid with healers, if it means you lose out on an important Defensive skill.