EQ Never

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
eh some ragers, some excited
. I couldn't care less for the whiners. Some chick in a cart spent a minute telling the world it needed to accommodate her better while people behind her had been standing fir 45 minutes to ask their questions

The game design is epic just like eq1 if you don't get that you're a moron. Will they pull it off...
Tad, can you ask them a kind of vague question? What is the POINT of PvE. Is to actually defeat the mobs? Or is it a byproduct of exploration and resource control. So like, do we set out to kill Nagafen because he has epic loots? Or are we clearing a dungeon as fast as possible because some of these mobs drop pieces of weapons that we need for crafting (So we can go kill the opposing guild attempting to defile our lands).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So... to sum things up: instead of showing all of things eq1 diehards wanted to see they showed some innovative new world building mechanics and a whole lot of shit they didn't want to see.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game design is epic just like eq1 if you don't get that you're a moron. Will they pull it off...
Until it actually makes it into an actual playable state, it's only armchair game design. Of course it sounds epic... it's just words bro.

rolx_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_38903.jpg

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i disagree that there's no market for a true eq successor. games like black desert online have developed quite the following. dark souls isn't an mmo but it's extremely successful to the point that you have hundreds, maybe thousands of youtube videos dedicated to various challenges.

i'm not suggesting that a developer needs to use every design from everquest, but they don't need to completely neuter an mmo either.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pls try to keep up with the times. Most people have 100mb connections if you don't you need a new isp. Try charter.
Sorry, that was the MINIMUM CONNECTION amongst average gamers I accidentally dropped a word - DSL I'm guessing - something far in excess of the "barely past dialup" any game to date has used. I've got a FiOS connection that's roughly half of what Google fiber is quoting theirs will be once they get here so I'm quite aware of how good of what's available.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So... to sum things up: instead of showing all of things eq1 diehards wanted to see they showed some innovative new world building mechanics and a whole lot of shit they didn't want to see.
It looks like a good game so far. Hard to tell until we actually get our hands on it though. But it will definitely be different than the standard crap that has been coming out for the last few years. Hopefully they pull it off.

As for it being Everquest, that's up to the player to decide. I didn't think EQ2 was worthy of the EQ tag when it launched, but I learned to accept it over the years. EQN has very little to do with EQ, it doesn't even look like it. But if it's fun I'll accept it too.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didnt watch all their presentations but the '' OUR WORLD IS DESTRUCTIBLE HOLY SHIT'' came back waaaay too often when they wanted to describe how unique and ''next generation'' their mmorpg is. Its like, ok yea, what else. Am not playing EQ to feel like being in battlefield 3.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If all the AI and storybricks shit works, the game will be fun. I've coped with the art style. Combat and class interdependence is my biggest gripe atm and that all could change, I hope.

Bingo. But the "minecraft iz orzum" crowd and the "I plaid gw2 for 3 wekz now i wont somtink elze!" crowd is far bigger.

Nah. Just checkout the beta and you will see.
See what? Because unless each one of those mobs kills players in seconds and makes former WoW players rage quit left and right, then it's dumb.

I just wish they didn't use the Everquest IP to promote this title.
Me too. But it costs money to make new lore and stuff, better to just rape an existing one.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Please explain how going into 30 mobs and everyone spamming aoe shit and you cant even see your toon because theres so many 10hp mobs makes anything epic. If anything it reminds me of wow dungeons with everyone constantly moving forward. You blink to load a bowl and every ones halfway through the dungeon. Am I going to play it.. no shit. Am I expecting it to be like gw2 for me where soon as everyone cookie cutters and then get bored.. probably. Anyway thanks for the updates, did you ask any of my questions lol? Whats the deal with RAID LOOT AND RMAH? SOUNDS SICK?
He's quoted the combat speed and over the top world destructionas being "demo-ified" where they're not really as fast and over the top for what they're targeting in the end product. I'm hoping for something paced close to EQ1 as well (just a smidge faster - only a smidge though) - that was a large concern of mine, but it's clearly something from what tad10 has communicated to us from the discussions, that is not representative of the final product in current form.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
They've already clarified that it's not going to be that easy to make craters in the final product and that it will "heal" quicker when there's tons of players in an area. So it sounds like they're already making sure the system will prevent that unless it's absolutely intended as a tactic for a given boss.
That sounds to me like they're going to make sure that the destructible world gimmick doesn't have any meaningful effect. But at the very least it's a bullet point on a list of "ground breaking" new features, right? And who makes lists full of empty promises better than SOE? Working as intended.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I just wish they didn't use the Everquest IP to promote this title.
This. Who knows how it will turn out. The class system makes me less enthusiastic for sure. Like I said in page 200 range I just hope they put CONTENT into the game instead of such an extreme focus on stuff like soe emote and the blocks being able to be destroyed. The gw2 class system is a straight cop out to not have to balance anything you just let the players pick the most op shit and then nerf that mother fucker. now the games balanced.