EQ Never

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Talk about wishful interpretations, man. So he's saying it isn't a hardcore MMO, but it's like a *wink* *wink* moment, and what he really means is that it IS hardcore, he just doesn't want to say that?
Read his point about similarity to League of Legends. Easy to play, difficult to master.

The mechanics are pretty simple in League of Legends. Hell, my 7 year old son plays it and has fun. But my son playing League is no where close to the same level as someone like Froggen playing League.

bayr_sl

shitlord
the whole panel kind of reeked of developers being apologetic for past game designs that weren't all that bad. it just sounded like they were denouncing everything they had ever done and telling eq fans to fuck themselves.
No shit, the opening line was basically "remember Dungeons and Dragons? FUCK Dungeons and Dragons, welcome to the Minecraft autism era"

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Talk about wishful interpretations, man. So he's saying it isn't a hardcore MMO, but it's like a *wink* *wink* moment, and what he really means is that it IS hardcore, he just doesn't want to say that?
Actually.. He's most likely right at this point anyway. That appears to be the plan. The game will be accessible to all but ramp up in challenge later on. It's almost an obvious assumption. I don't think EQN is going to be as kitty friendly as some may think. Assuming they don't cave in late beta anyway

Caliane

Read his point about similarity to League of Legends. Easy to play, difficult to master.

The mechanics are pretty simple in League of Legends. Hell, my 7 year old son plays it and has fun. But my son playing League is no where close to the same level as someone like Froggen playing League.
bots are not difficult to beat in LoL.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
On vacation but got to watch the entire presentation last night, and damn, its exciting if they can pull that shit off. Finally something that's truly evolutionary. The tech demo looked good too. Character models and animations looked good. Exciting times coming up if they can execute. Cant fucking wait! All you hating faggots can eat a dick. Well see you in game.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
bots are not difficult to beat in LoL.
That's because LoL has about the most predictable AI every made.

Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but if EverQuest Next's AI is as good as they're promising - it could be quite interesting. And they said they could scale the AI when they wanted to increase difficulty. And Orc Legionnaire might be kind of stupid and just attack the guy in a tin can standing in front of him. Nagafen might say fuck the guy in the tin can, fly up in the air, and just start raping everyone with fire.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That's not what I said at all or what I was implying. Just look at EVE as an example like you quoted me.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think he means that it is accessible. Almost every person on the SOE panels is a hardcore raider/PvPer so the game will accommodate a very challenging endgame, it's just that you don't want to have a Dwarven Fortress-like experience for new players as many have not played MMOs, MUDs and pnp D&D. Right now there are more video game players than ever before in history thanks to social networking and Zynga, and there is an expectation that some of these will move into more 'core' experiences but they need to be guided.

But then again, just ask him on twitter, he might respond.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Are they not answering questions because they don't want to spoil things or have they not fleshed out most of these concepts? It seems like a starting city should be the first thing decided.

Blackwulf

N00b
No shit, the opening line was basically "remember Dungeons and Dragons? FUCK Dungeons and Dragons, welcome to the Minecraft autism era"
Yeah, I was mad at myself because I'm such a sap for flashy presentations that when he started mocking the old hat D&D stuff, I was smiling along with him. Later I was like, hey... D&D was fucking good stuff, man. Maybe the trick isn't to move completely away from D&D cause Diku based games are tired out, but to actually figure out what was awesome about D&D that Diku games are NOT doing right.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like a lot of people who played GW2 must never have played it with a really solid group (which is understandable since the game didn't really foster creating relationships). For the highest levels of SPvP, dungeon running, and WvW, a good group was so obviously far better than a random group and often times it at least required certain classes or combinations to get that way (ie, having roles). If it was truly just mindless button mashing, there should be little such distinction. Mind you, most of the SPvp, PvE, and WvW was just mindless button mashing to get results, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be a lot better by working as a group. It's just a shame that most of the game didn't really require it of you.

Blackwulf

N00b
That's not what I said at all or what I was implying. Just look at EVE as an example like you quoted me.
I think he means that it is accessible. Almost every person on the SOE panels is a hardcore raider/PvPer so the game will accommodate a very challenging endgame, it's just that you don't want to have a Dwarven Fortress-like experience for new players as many have not played MMOs, MUDs and pnp D&D. Right now there are more video game players than ever before in history thanks to social networking and Zynga, and there is an expectation that some of these will move into more 'core' experiences but they need to be guided.

But then again, just ask him on twitter, he might respond.
I get what you guys are saying, and you could be right. I'm just saying from what they've shown us, and what they've said about difficulty (the quote in question) all we KNOW is that it is rock 'em, stomp 'em, explode your enemies all over the place, faceroll easy. I have an open mind, though, and we'll see how it shapes up over the next year or two. Hopefully you are right and there will be a lot more challenge.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Btw anyone who's enjoyed being a pure healer and standing in the back
making sure your tank and group stayed alive was doing it wrong.
You only thought you enjoy it.

Also you weren't having fun.

The EQN folks have made that decision for you and freed you
from your miserable style of gamplay.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good for him then. Why all the shitting all over this beforehand then? What I saw was good if they can pull it off. Especially the ai and the plan to go away from static.