EQ Never

Lenas

Trump's Staff
EQ1 had guns too, well one gun.
Tell me you are talking about the BFG... The one item I am upset I wasn't able to get in time
frown.png

iannis

Musty Nester
It's more EQish so far then EQ2 was, tbh. But that's pretty easy to do when you aren't tied to specifics. In the sense of "EQish-ness" it's all about tone.

They've said "world" not "game". They've said "sandbox" not "themepark". So far it's some good, some bad, and mostly "could work"... but they haven't obviously shit in our mouths yet.

Yet.

They will.

Let the angst build for 5dot combo maximum rage. Blow too early and you'll just grab agro from your shitty tank and have to walk back to do it again. Sounds exhausting. Save it for the Cash Shop.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
People hate on SOE all the time but they're still the only company that has managed to keep my interest in one single game for over a decade. I choose to believe!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
People hate on SOE all the time but they're still the only company that has managed to keep my interest in one single game for over a decade. I choose to believe!
Not many games have held my attention for 5+ years... Only EQ, DOTA and Tribes 2.

It's a bit comforting knowing Georgeson is somewhat responsible for one of my favourite games of all time (Tribes 2) and is working on the successor to another...

Despite how much he gives me the heebie jeebies

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's kinda what I expect.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I found it to be really cool.EQNext lore in under 10 minutes. Everything except for Is-kar.
Anyone elsereallybothered when people add extra letters or syllables or swap letters when they speak? I mean, he did say that he has a hard time with names, but how much effort and brain power does it take to see that s isafterk in Iksar (he pronounced iskar) or the placement of the h in shissar (not sishar as he says it). I guess what upsets me is the laziness more than the actual mispronunciation.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Anyone elsereallybothered when people add extra letters or syllables or swap letters when they speak? I mean, he did say that he has a hard time with names, but how much effort and brain power does it take to see that s isafterk in Iksar (he pronounced iskar) or the placement of the h in shissar (not sishar as he says it). I guess what upsets me is the laziness more than the actual mispronunciation.
No. I fuck up English all the time. Brain -> Mouth is not necessarily a direct connection.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm still really curious how the fuck they're going to handle inventory and loot distribution when everyone can be anything.

"OMG I've been waiting for that mace to drop so I can start leveling my cleric!"says the warrior.

"But Iama cleric and I could use itright now."

"Sorry dude, I really need that and it's the only reason I'm here."

Is that as much of a denial of service as dark starting areas?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm still really curious how the fuck they're going to handle inventory and loot distribution when everyone can be anything.

"OMG I've been waiting for that mace to drop so I can start leveling my cleric!"says the warrior.

"But Iama cleric and I could use itright now."

"Sorry dude, I really need that and it's the only reason I'm here."

Is that as much of a denial of service as dark starting areas?
You and me both buddy. This was asked at a panel the (non)response "We've got a solution". It better not be fucking badges. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
You and me both buddy. This was asked at a panel the (non)response "We've got a solution". It better not be fucking badges. We don't need no stinkin' badges.
They should do it like crafting shit in WoW where the drop only shows for who can use it. Higher tiers override lower tiers.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
They should do it like crafting shit in WoW where the drop only shows for who can use it. Higher tiers override lower tiers.
I'm hoping something like that - Random for loot but higher tier has priority. But I've honestly haven't got a clue.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Maybe you set it like a preference in an interface. Like, on your character page you rank your interest in which gear you'd like to roll on for any class you own (druid, warrior, archer w/e) Then when you enter a group the game analyzes the preferences from each player and decides who gets to roll on what?

You'd need a way to report your prefs to the group, and it should auto notify your party if you switch prefs. Would help deter people from switching to prioritize say, warrior loot, right before fighting a boss with known warrior loot drops

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
I personally like the new Ogre design but I wouldn't mind if they got plumped up some, I mean they could look like the Ogres from Warhammer and I think people would be happy, fat and ugly bad asses just not fucking derps.

Those weapons look kinda sexy, makes me want an SK so badly. They got me wondering about the micro transaction part, I mean it's free to play right, what will they be selling, boosts and early access to weapons and stuff like PS2, doesn't that kinda go against dropped loot if you are selling power? I got no problem with vanity items and the like. I mean it wouldn't effect me in a PvE sense as I don't really care what other people are packing but if someone can just buy their way to PvP godhood that seems a little whack.

I just need to put the game out of my head till they get more solid info about stuff, so many questions!