EQ Never

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think you're reading into it a but too much. I think the overall point is that with only 2 weapon sets per class they focus on a good experience all around (gameplay, animations, sounds, etc) then if they had 10 per class.
Maybe so, probably right... However, two just seems so limited. I guess I can buy that they want to make sure they get it right and all of that makes sense but I can't help but feel like it's a bit more of a concern that everything just looks good. I want it to look good too and I hate disgusting animations we get in a lot of games but now i'm going to watching this closely to see if the time spent really shows itself in the end product. Simply put, it better be good.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
One possible good result of just 2 weapons per class is a de-emphasis on loot. Maybe weapons really won't be an overpowering priority in dungeons and during leveling. This could be exactly what the crafting community needs to stay relevant. Want weapons for the new class you just unlocked? Visit your local crafters. In a game where 4 of your abilities available for use are based off weapons, I like the idea of keeping the weapons per class limited. It helps you focus on learning to play the game instead of information and choice overload.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's a stupid decision re:weps. I mean a warrior is a master of arms. He should be able to pick up a bo staff and be serviceable.

I can't help but feel that combat is going to feel really limited. 1-2 attacks and 1-2 support skills? This feels like going backwards from the already limited gw2 model. I just wonder about resource systems too. Is everyone just using a stamina bar or energy bar? Is this just slamming 2-3 buttons off cooldown?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
That's a stupid decision re:weps. I mean a warrior is a master of arms. He should be able to pick up a bo staff and be serviceable.

I can't help but feel that combat is going to feel really limited. 1-2 attacks and 1-2 support skills? This feels like going backwards from the already limited gw2 model. I just wonder about resource systems too. Is everyone just using a stamina bar or energy bar? Is this just slamming 2-3 buttons off cooldown?
Yes, yes. Yes. Yes.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
I try to keep an open mind, but there are some things that really bring forth concern. They are emphasizing customization and "play how you want" yet the class restrictions on weapons (and possibly armor) are even more strict than original eq? Wtf really?

On the bright side the optimist can look at it and think that there won't become a point where the gear defines the player in PvP. Then again don't most of us play these games to stroke our epeen to our gear? /face

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Weapons. I think there's more than 2 per class.
rrr_img_39701.jpg
It looks like the weapons are crafted by combining multiple items. So possibly drops are not full items but just pieces of weapons that you can slot in (like a +5 fire attack rune etc). It would make sense to make all non-legendary armors craftable and swappable (this would avoid the annoying useless weapons in Diablo that nobody has a use for, while still having an alternative tier of progression to find the best weapon pieces for that specific raid). I would totally nerd out if that was the case.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Independent loot for everybody. One Lucan, five Soulfires. I hope that's not the case, but for non-raid drops I feel like that might be true.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Do iskars not exist during this time? None of the races really appeal to me now that dark elves have horns. I think an iskar paladin would be bad ass.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
There are Iksar structures in concept art (and a rough in-game asset was shown in the Creating a World panel), so they definitely exist.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
They want classes to be unique, each class holds a weapon differently and therefor swings it different which all require different animation. Could you imagine lets say 10 races, 40 classes, 5 weapon types, 5 unique animations per weapon type = 10,000 animations if they wanted each character to be extremely unique and something you could just look at and know what they are. Otherwise you get generic animations and character stances, the staff animation are the same as the spear, the 1h sword is the same as the mace/dagger, the 2hs is the same as the 2h mace, etc.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well given that the lore has the Combine races having been hiding out on Kunark for several centuries and then escaping Exodus-style back to Antonica I would have to imagine there will be Iksar involved from the very start. Surely some of them are none too keen on Venril Sathir and decided to flee along with the Combine races.

On a similar note I noticed that Halflings and Trolls are missing from the Combine races. Presumably they are both native to Antonica and will be discovered during some of the world events which then results in unlocking them. Barbarians and Erudites, as offshoots of humans, are also not listed as separate races but we already know that the founding of Halas will presumably be one of the first Rallying Calls.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
All I care about is if I log in and play and then look out the window and go fuck the suns coming up I need moar coffee and then my eyes bleed because its been 20+ hour fest.
Somehow, I don't think any MMO is going to make me play like that again.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So from the gameplay, is this supposed to be played on a controller like DC universe?
I imagine it's like Diablo, which was designed for mouse+keyboard but at the same time constrained so it can be adapted to a console. I can live without having 20 abilities that do everything and its opposite like in WotLK/BC.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Did anyone catch what the tweet implied?? Essentially it is more important to have unique, personalized animations for those two sets of weapons than to be concerned with gameplay.

Yes I know he said he would "focus on gameplay" but didn't it sound to you guys that the bulk of the development time would go towards the animation portion? Gameplay seemed secondary.
I feel the tweet implied that with only 2 weapon types per class to animate they could focus MORE on gameplay. they reduced their work load with the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by supertouch View Post
Do iskars not exist during this time? None of the races really appeal to me now that dark elves have horns. I think an iskar paladin would be bad ass.

The reason we are going back to antonica from kunark at the beginning of EQN is because the Iksars kicked us off kunark. So they exist.