EQ Never

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Ya, interviewers. You mean like the one guy (James) that never played EQ1 or 2 but yet was given a mic to interview EQnext, its great he has interest to be there but still. Seemed a bit of an odd choice to let someone that knows nothing about the game world he is interviewing about to do the job.

I dont see it as someone that didnt want to hit the hard questions as someone that has no clue what to ask. Maybe David requested to get a clueless to interview him in the chance to cut out some of the rage from core fan based interviewer?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
RosieRap on art style:
Thick and heavy is one of our overall style tenants. The main purpose is to keep characters consistent with the voxel world. Voxels are about the size of a player's foot- so not tiny. Highly detailed little characters wouldn't look good in that environment.

We also need to emphasize that this is a physical, visceral world- to take advantage of the voxel tech. You're no longer running around on an onion skin, and we need to take advantage of that. Large feet and hands emphasize the character's physical connection to the world.

Less detail in the faces accommodates greater facial expressions and enhanced communication. What fidelity you loose in the skin you makeup for in facial mobility.

In deciding the art style goals we worked closely with the design and tech goals, and tried to craft everything into a consistent and engaging look and feel that will age well. It might not be exactly what you expected, but keep an open mind, and let's see what the future brings!

source: I'm the AD
wink.png

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I should be going, too. Let's all get rich in Vegas.
Best way to do that is to buy up an 18 wheeler full of 0.99 water in LA or Phoenix and sell it for 2.50 in Vegas. 4.00 a 500ml bottle of water at Planet Hollywood in 107 degree heat midday.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
In case anybody gives a fuck:

EQN Religions
  • The Seraphs:
    • Anashti, the Reaper: Goddess of Death & Harvests
    • Brell, the Builder: God of Crafting & Mining
    • Erollisi: Goddess of Love & Growth
    • Karana, the Stranger: God of Storms & Travel
    • Luclin & Drinal, the Seers: Goddesses of Future & Past
    • Mithaniel, the Champion: God of Honor & War
    • Solusek: God of Knowledge & Power
    • Taylon: God of Thieves & Tricksters
  • The Four
    • Amaryl: Goddess of Earth
    • Prexus: God of Water
    • Ignestus: God of Fire
    • Onsha: Goddess of Air
  • Others
    • Nor'I: The World Spirit
    • Veeshan: Mother of Dragons

Spellings might be a bit off, but that's what they've released so far. The Seraphs are worshipped by the former Takish Empire and the Combine Accord. The Four were originally worshiped by the Keldarain (ancient dwarven empire?), and will be worshipped by the people of Halas in EQN.

Looks like they got rid of or combined a shitload of deities from EQ and EQII. Erollisi is now combined with Tunare, Rallos Zek was combined with Mithaniel Marr, Bristlebane was rebranded as a female named Taylon (and possibly merged with Innorruk). Lots of changes. All of the elemental deities were renamed, and the Nameless has been dropped.
They also mentioned that the Seraphs and the Four are going to be far more ambiguous in EQN, not being good or evil. Instead they'll have good and evil attributes, so Karana for example is the god of travel and storms, a character might pray to him for safe travels (no rain) or a good harvest (rain).

Based on what I've been seeing and reading, it looks like they're trying to make the pantheon of Norrath more like the gods in Game of Thrones. Not a bad thing, in my book.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Eh if I start a rogue and then focus on a cleric class, I want to be able to do a long quest to convert to another god worship.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Eh if I start a rogue and then focus on a cleric class, I want to be able to do a long quest to convert to another god worship.
That's not how religion works in EQN. You never 'choose' a religion. The religions and their ideals exist, and if you choose to follow them is up to you. Ex, acting with valor may make the church of Mithaniel like you, without being an actual 'member' of the church.

From what I understand anyway

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
The way it was described, if you start as a rogue that does rogue-like things (stealing, lying, cheating), changing your religion will require you to change your behavior. NPCs will be aware of your past behavior, so if you're a rogue, they'll want you to start living a good life. No more stealing, lying, cheating. By playing that way, the game will record your new behavior and those priests might be more willing to work with you.

So no betrayal quests. The game will record what you do and NPCs will react those those behaviors. If you change behavior, the game will record that and the NPCs will start to see your character differently.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
"Less detail in the faces accommodates greater facial expressions and enhanced communication. What fidelity you loose in the skin you makeup for in facial mobility."

Seriously, who gives a shit?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The game will record what you do and NPCs will react those those behaviors. If you change behavior, the game will record that and the NPCs will start to see your character differently.
For some reason I can't believe it will be as robust of a game as they are describing it to be.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
"Less detail in the faces accommodates greater facial expressions and enhanced communication. What fidelity you loose in the skin you makeup for in facial mobility."

Seriously, who gives a shit?
Exactly, I can't believe they let SOEmote dictate, by a large margin, the art style.