EQ Never

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So... 80+ weapon types? How exactly is this not going to be a Diablo 3 RNG fest.

edit: and drawing that line further 320+ 'unique' class animations for weapon use. This is what they choose to spend time on?
Now how can you have 80 weapon types? Think before posting....

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So... 80+ weapon types? How exactly is this not going to be a Diablo 3 RNG fest.

edit: and drawing that line further 320+ 'unique' class animations for weapon use. This is what they choose to spend time on?
They're crafted. Question arises about things like SSOY- how will epic/legendary items work? You just get the stun proc? Might make it an uber weapon if stun is normally from shield bash.

Also don't get me started on the animations - incoming EQN MOBA alert.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Then you end up with the situation we had in DDO where you just always tanked mobs in a doorway. They couldn't get around you so you just had one guy load the fuck up on defensive gear, put up his shield and just stand there.
Also at @Iannis. My thought on EQN combat is that tier 2 (or whenever the combat ai really kicks in) a good/great tank will be crucial. You'll be able to survive bad/afk dps, and even bad/mediocre healing (if the tank has a heal slotted). But a bad tank will mean relatively quick death for the group, once the tank loses threat and is unable to leash, restore threat or rescue since there's no taunt to pull the mob off the healer/wiz/whatever is getting beat down. Wipes should be awesome. -_-

This is more directed at previous discussion on skill required for the game. I now think Timmy can play the game if he sticks to dps.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's not D3..it's a Smedbox I mean Sandbox.

Seriously tho.. I still think they are unsure about how the system will 100% work..beta is going to be so fucking interesting from start to finish.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I know a tiny bit about what's going on with SB/SOE due to a 10 minute interview with Brian Green at SOELive that should go up anyday now on the eqn site @Powah? -Don't want to say anything until it's up because I think he's putting up some other interviews with SB people that may reveal more than I know. But the SB guys seemed pretty confident.
Working on the second part of the interview, so to speak. Impressed, they will be.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Working on the second part of the interview, so to speak. Impressed, they will be.
Believe it, I do.

Edit: You need to get a tank to write hypotheticals for EQN under the trinity-light combat we're getting when the combat document finally gets released next week/week thereafter.

rrr_img_39959.jpg

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
given the history of tight lipiness for EQN, we may be speculatin' all the way to launch unless we can corrupt some of our guys that get into beta. Start thinking about their weaknesses and how to get their info. Find out what they drink, what they smoke, and who their favorite football team is. We need to know how this combat is going to work god damnit

Also, pose as a female (tranny it up) for higher odds of getting in - I remember convincing an entire group of friends to send WoW e-mails apps for beta and only the girl got in. We were all Elisas for about 3 months.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
given the history of tight lipiness for EQN, we may be speculatin' all the way to launch unless we can corrupt some of our guys that get into beta. Start thinking about their weaknesses and how to get their info. Find out what they drink, what they smoke, and who their favorite football team is. We need to know how this combat is going to work god damnit

Also, pose as a female (tranny it up) for higher odds of getting in - I remember convincing an entire group of friends to send WoW e-mails apps for beta and only the girl got in. We were all Elisas for about 3 months.
If it sucks in beta we'll know even if nobody here gets in (unlikely). Isn't the rule: if it is at all decent people keep their mouths shut so they can continue playing?

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm

Speculation is all we will be doing. It's half the fun right? I don't get too involved the the hater/fanboi arguments. Just hoping for a good game I'll enjoy again.

Hard to get into anything else atm

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They are just going to go with a more modern spin with the combat instead of this tired old diku crap by bringing something new and unique.

Say you and a group of players start to attack a monster, and it happens to focus on you. There are no dedicated healers, so once you are hurt you need find cover and hide until it loses interest. Sometimes the creature might decide to flank you, or destroy your cover, or throw a grenade that bounces off like seven objects before perfectly landing at your feet. (watch for the grenade-shaped warning icon) If that happens you might have to sprint to different cover. Once the monster focuses on someone else your health will regenerate to full and you can leave cover, hold RMB to aim, and tap LMB to attack.