EQ Never

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I supposed non-combat weapon skills would come-about from equipping tools such as a Pick.

I believe they had Spell books as a equitable weapon as well. Lemme try to find a pic.

rrr_img_40089.png

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I used to think that since it made more sense. But if character abilities are mostly non-combat skills then it makes slotting less useful. More likely: weapon skills are a mix of non-combat/combat skills and character abilities are more combat focused.

Eh, I should probably stop talking out of my ass and speculating - because now I can see arguments either way.
I can see a mixture of both. Say a mace may have a weapon abity with a debuff to slow casting time, while a character ability may have a debuff to slow attack speed for the same class.

It would make it so say in a dungeon with quite a bit of wizards and necs, said class would want to use aace and free up a more useful class ability over the slow.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Did you guys ever see the guilds that were just 1 class. A Shadowknight guild only!

You remember how stupid that was?

If I am understanding things correctly, if this class system works. You could have an entire guild based around an ideal or a look.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I know he worded to sou d like your buffs/tracking would be based on weapon abilities. I would think it would be the opposite. Like a ranger wielding 2 swords or a bow could still have track opposed to only being g able to use it with a bow.
I was pretty sure there were some non-weapon abilities (e.g. SK lifesteal or a debuff) tied to weapons. But maybe I misunderstood what I heard. So feel free to tell me I'm full of shit on this one.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Did you guys ever see the guilds that were just 1 class. A Shadowknight guild only!

You remember how stupid that was?

If I am understanding things correctly, if this class system works. You could have an entire guild based around an ideal or a look.
I don't think it'd work. You'd be limited to the SK class slots whatever they are they can't be heavy defensive abilities.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Doing a key once with a core group of friends every key cycle wouldn't be nearly as bad as back keying alts or new members all the time.
EQ kinda did this later on in its life. The stuff needed to flag you to enter a raid zone was different than the stuff needed to request that raid zone instance. So you had to power one guy through the long key process so he could request the instance and everyone else had to do a lesser key quest or maybe just faction or something. Then they had the 85% rule so up to 15% of the raid didnt need to be flagged at all and most bosses dropped backflags so people in that 15% without flags could get them without the key quest BS.

It mostly ended up being a good system after all those refinements.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I don't think it'd work. You'd be limited to the SK class slots whatever they are they can't be heavy defensive abilities.
Yes but your rogues could use shadowy ability's, your healers could use shadowy heals, your beastlords could use skeleton pets etc etc

rolx_sl

shitlord
swing & a miss.

he's referring to the dev panels quote regarding barbarians awful night site as a "denial of service" versus a roleplaying element.
My fault sometimes its hard to keep track the stuff moves so fast and dos attacks have been huge lately thought thats what he was referring too.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I wish they'd truly have balls and give certain races and classes big benefits with equally big drawbacks. Give me the double xp penalty, troll SK for life.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Classes use of ability's will be restricted by your chosen classes resources as they relate to the ability's used. Chances are a warrior wouldn't be able to use Lightning Bolt because he doesn't have enough energy to channel or whatever.

I imagine there will be a list of ability's and the ones you cant use will be blocked out. They did mention they will have a large storage in place for load outs. So when you switch main class you should have your load outs ready.

It should start out simple and get more complex as you progress I would assume. 1 load out at first then hey I unlocked Warlord, better save the new load out and so on until you have 20 load outs saved.
All that means to me is macro city.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I was pretty sure there were some non-weapon abilities (e.g. SK lifesteal or a debuff) tied to weapons. But maybe I misunderstood what I heard. So feel free to tell me I'm full of shit on this one.
I'd usually take advantage of that but you bring the truth most of the time so ur ok
smile.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Classes use of ability's will be restricted by your chosen classes resources as they relate to the ability's used. Chances are a warrior wouldn't be able to use Lightning Bolt because he doesn't have enough energy to channel or whatever.

I imagine there will be a list of ability's and the ones you cant use will be blocked out. They did mention they will have a large storage in place for load outs. So when you switch main class you should have your load outs ready.

It should start out simple and get more complex as you progress I would assume. 1 load out at first then hey I unlocked Warlord, better save the new load out and so on until you have 20 load outs saved.
This was one thing they talked about being modifiable via equipment modifying the efficiency/regeneration of these resources. So if you are a warrior maybe you need to equip some items to either make the lightning bolt more efficient so they can cast it with their minimal spell resources or maybe one that boosts the max amount of that resource so you can use it.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Oh I misunderstood. Yeah that'd work as long as nobody wanted to be a Pally.
The thought that if I want to play a ranger type character and look all rangery when i play a ranger I can . But also use like druid or forest type abilities to make my warrior look like a ranger by using snare instead of stun, or barkskin instead of shield wall, or make my rogue use camouflage instead of hide in shadows and use a bow to back shot monsters instead of backstab...

Thinking about that makes my nerd cock erect. Its getting hard to to hide them at work when I think about it. Its wearing a penis shaped white spot on the front of my jeans like the back pocket of well worn pair of denim of a man with a large wallet.

rolx_sl

shitlord
The thought that if I want to play a ranger type character and look all rangery when i play a ranger I can . But also use like druid or forest type abilities to make my warrior look like a ranger by using snare instead of stun, or barkskin instead of shield wall, or make my rogue use camouflage instead of hide in shadows and use a bow to back shot monsters instead of backstab...

Thinking about that makes my nerd cock erect. Its getting hard to to hide them at work when I think about it.Its wearing a penis shaped white spot on the front of my jeans like the back pocket of well worn pair of denim of a man with a large wallet.
lol thanks for the laugh I needed it today.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
EQN is basically trying to combine GW2 weaponset system with a MOBA skillset.
If you play any MOBA game and you've played GW2 you can kinda see what they are aiming for.

League of Legends:
114 Champions (115th is on the Beta client).
Each champion has a unique "weapon".
Each champion has 4 skills + 1 passive.
Each active skill has a unique "tell" (particle/animation/model)
Each skill can be leveled up 3-5x (depending on champ/skill)

GW2:
Each Class had a limited number of weapons to use
Your weaponset determined 5 abilities on your hotbar
Different classes had different abilities for weapons (A warrior using a Sword had different abilities than a Guardian using a Sword)

Now for EQN:
40 Classes to be released originally with no limit set - can continue to add more like LOL/Dota does
Each Class can use 2 weapons - MOBA games only give Champions 1 weapon, GW2 had a small selection of weapons per Class.
Each "Weaponset" has 4 abilities - these 4 abilities are unique to the weapon/class combo - like GW2
Each Class also has 4 class abilities - like LoL/DOTA
Unique to EQN: Multiclassing, you can mix & match 8 abilities to create your build based on your weapon & classes you've unlocked.
The Weapon Abilities are Earned over the progression of the class (like GW2):http://www.eqnforum.com/threads/weap...cpherson.1098/
There is no word on how the Class abilities are earned or if you just start with all 4 (like LoL/DoTA)
There will be 320 Weapon abilities to earn originally assuming you can unlock all 40 classes.
Skills might level up if they are trying to mimic MOBA games to an extent
No idea how swapping weapons will be handled... will need to "remember" your builds, could be cumbersome to do. Hopefully allows us to setup at least 2 weaponsets like GW2, if not more.

EQN Example #1:

You've unlocked: Thief, Rogue & Assassin classes.
All 3 classes can use the "Dagger/Dagger" weaponset
You are wielding a Dagger/Dagger

You will have 12 Class abilities to choose from to fill your 4 Class ability slots on your hotbar.
You will have 12 Weapon abilities to choose from to fill your 4 Weapon ability slots on your hotbar.

EQN Example #2:

You've unlocked: Warrior, Wizard, Thief, Rogue & Assassin classes.
Only 3 classes can use the "Dagger/Dagger" weaponset
You are wielding a Dagger/Dagger

You will have 20 Class abilities to choose from to fill your 4 Class ability slots on your hotbar.
You will have 12 Weapon abilities to choose from to fill your 4 Weapon ability slots on your hotbar.

Since every Class can only have 2 weaponsets, and Dual Wielding counts as a single weaponset, we should expect some very limited options, what might be helpful is trying to list some combinations based on the weapon chart we've seen:http://i.imgur.com/WOGxE99.jpg

Examples of weaponset combinations using the Warrior archtype:

Warrior
  • Sword/Sword
  • Bow

Guardian
  • Greatsword
  • Sword/Shield

Berserker
  • 2H Axe
  • Sword/Sword

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just think about the revolutionary new inventory system this game is going to have to have, with gear only being +gooder to some ability. You may only have 8 abilities at a time but you'll have hotbars full of ability/gear swap macros for every role and situation. What a potential fucking nightmare.

Luckily, Diablo 3 already solved this for them, right guys?

rolx_sl

shitlord
Just think about the revolutionary new inventory system this game is going to have to have, with gear only being +gooder to some ability. You may only have 8 abilities at a time but you'll have hotbars full of ability/gear swap macros for every role and situation. What a potential fucking nightmare.

Luckily, Diablo 3 already solved this for them, right guys?
Oh you would be stupid not to have every weapon type on you and armor at all times for sure with this system. Whats that mean for loot drops? NEED BEFORE GREED BRO! Wait I need everything !

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh you would be stupid not to have every weapon type on you and armor at all times for sure with this system. Whats that mean for loot drops? NEED BEFORE GREED BRO! Wait I need everything !
A piece of armor for every ability because hey you might use it someday.