EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If there is a 10 hp heal and everyone has the same spell, would it not make sense for everyone to have that heal specd so you can increase the total # of healing volume during a fight?
You play anyway you want.

I'm going to play with a group that has one or two guys acting as healing/support one or two guys acting as dps/support and one or two guys acting as front-line melee.

We'll see who gets through content quicker.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I think its going to add a lot to the immersion. Also there will be some stratgic differences as in battlefield 3. when you destroy the suroundings, there is less and les places to hide in.
I have high hopes for the multi level stuff, just depends how they do it. Hopefully its not just a hole with 1 boss type and then you go out and the hole closes to a earth quake.

rolx_sl

shitlord
You play anyway you want.

I'm going to play with a group that has one or two guys acting as healing/support one or two guys acting as dps/support and one or two guys acting as front-line melee.

We'll see who gets through content quicker.
Lol I guarantee I will. Neither of us knows exactly how healing / combat will work so its just speculation on both our ends. I have about 15 hours a day everyday to game since I work from home and my chick plays.

belfast_sl

shitlord
If there is a 10 hp heal and everyone has the same spell, would it not make sense for everyone to have that heal specd so you can increase the total # of healing volume during a fight?
If your base class doesn't have a healing skill weapon slot and you don't own a class with a healing class skill, no. Nor will your healing be worth a damn if its based on a tier 1 skill and you didn't focus on obtaining gear that amplifies your ability to heal more effectively.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Another interesting AI change.

Dragon has an AE breath weapon. With a better AI he isnt going to waste that AE on the one warrior standing in the corner, but wouldnt he turn his head and hit the max number of people each time? He would understand the difference between an AE attack and a single target attack. Storybricks AI would build in him the desire to hit as many people as possible with his AE and he would try to do that.

Even from that, it completely changes big boss fights.

rolx_sl

shitlord
If your base class doesn't have a healing skill weapon slot and you don't own a class with a healing class skill, no.
I guess everyone being self sufficient with heals means nothing to anyone. Again the game producer doesn't know what he's talking about. Makes sense.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Another interesting AI change.

Dragon has an AE breath weapon. With a better AI he isnt going to waste that AE on the one warrior standing in the corner, but wouldnt he turn his head and hit the max number of people each time? He would understand the difference between an AE attack and a single target attack. Storybricks AI would build in him the desire to hit as many people as possible with his AE and he would try to do that.

Even from that, it completely changes big boss fights.
No it doesn't the BIG RED CIRCLES would indicate his aoe going off and you can move, so nothing is really different you obtuse fucker.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Never will catch up to this thread... But will there be anything for EQN released during Gamescom?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The red circles rolx mentioned were questionable to me. A part of me hopes it's a practice thing and won't be that way in final.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
What big red circles do you speak of, you saw one thing and think every other one is like that? Odd. Why do you think the AE would be on a timer? Why wouldnt he choose not to do it if there arent enough people grouped together, and instead use an ability or tactic to group people together?

You seem angry and like someone who doesn't have much personal power in their daily life. I hope things get better for you Rolx.

rolx_sl

shitlord
What big red circles do you speak of? Why do you think the AE would be on a timer? Why wouldnt he choose not to do it if there arent enough people grouped together, and instead use an ability or tactic to group people together?

You seem angry and like someone who doesn't have much personal power in their daily life. I hope things get better for you.
Did you even watch the demo mr. negative internets? Not angry, just enjoy proving people that don't know what they are talking about wrong.

belfast_sl

shitlord
I guess everyone being self sufficient with heals means nothing to anyone. Again the game producer doesn't know what he's talking about. Makes sense.
Are you saying that everyone is going to play a class with a healing skill slot? And didn't you say you were playing a troll ninja? Its hyperbole but I doubt a heal would be a ninja weapon skill, just like everyone won't play something that can slot a heal. And that's not taking into consideration that even if you could/would that you would gear for your one shitty heal over your 3 baller ninja skills.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Did you even watch the demo mr. negative internets? Not angry, just enjoy proving people that don't know what they are talking about wrong.
I saw a demo with one mob, controlled by a human and no AI at work. I also saw them say when you swing a sword, it hits whats in front of it.. why wouldnt the same thing go for a breath weapon? Its okay, I know you are upset. Just try to think happy thoughts.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Are you saying that everyone is going to play a class with a healing skill slot? And didn't you say you were playing a troll ninja? Its hyperbole but I doubt a heal would be a ninja weapon skill, just like everyone won't play something that can slot a heal. And that's not taking into consideration that even if you could/would that you would gear for your one shitty heal over your 3 baller ninja skills.
Did you not play GW2? Everyone gets a heal doesn't matter what weapon you use. Its self sufficient survival.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Actually no one knows wtf is going on, so its like a blind person laughing at another blind person because he is blind as well. You do seem pretty angry, whats up? Maybe you should get out more.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I saw a demo with one mob, controlled by a human and no AI at work. I also saw them say when you swing a sword, it hits whats in front of it.. why wouldnt the same thing go for a breath weapon? Its okay, I know you are upset. Just try to think happy thoughts.
You are completely noob as it gets. Every encounter on the demo where the mob did an ability had a red circle where it was going to be. If you really think they just did the red circles for the demo your out of your mind. Every game these days telegraphs boss abilities.