EQ Never

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I'm not rustled because his view is different then mine.

I'm rustled because the Devs are using Reddit as a primary source of feedback and guys like that spend all day killing any and all real discussions about the game.
I have to believe the Devs are reading Rerolled. FOH was a preeminent MMO discussion site.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wow there are some whiny bitches in this thread. Art looks just fine. Your whole world was shattered because the DE doesnt look like some Goth 90's crap? Cry more you sour fucks, the stylized artwork is awesomely done, albeit, I admit, obviously pixar inspired.

So far, so good for me. I am much more interested/concerned in the design doc than the character models. I am worried that the game is going to lack any danger but that is for a different post.

TLDR: Character models look fucking slick so learn to accept new things in your old nostalgia filled grumpy EQness.
My disappointment isn't really from nostalgia. My disappointment comes from the fact that they hadshownus concept art for dark elves, both the older one from 2010, and the more recent female concept art at SOE Live, and the model looks nothing like either of them. Those concept pieces were awesome, so why did they get cut? And why show us the concept art as recently as SOE Live if they weren't going to use it as the basis for the model? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
My disappointment isn't really from nostalgia. My disappointment comes from the fact that they hadshownus concept art for dark elves, both the older one from 2010, and the more recent female concept art at SOE Live, and the model looks nothing like either of them. Those concept pieces were awesome, so why did they get cut? And why show us the concept art as recently as SOE Live if they weren't going to use it as the basis for the model? Doesn't make a lot of sense.
I was really hoping the Dark Elves would look more like that original concept art as well.

However, they did say back in 2012 that the old leaked images weren't going to be the direction for the new game:

Smokejumper_sl said:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I was really hoping the Dark Elves would look more like that original concept art as well.

However, they did said that the old leaked images weren't going to be the direction for the new game:
And yet, the ogre did carry over completely unchanged.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
So what he has to say isn't 'real discussion' just because he agrees with/defend the devs?

If it rustles you too much, just stick to this forum where we can circle jerk about how big a grease ball Ponytail is.
I have never made a comment about ponytail. And over there I am not screaming that the art style sucks, because it doesn't. But there are flaws.

The female dwarfs looked like HALFLINGS. They can deviate all they want, its their game. They can make every races giant dicks for all I care. But they are bluring the lines within their own universe. Yes all elf sub classes will look similar but dwarfs and halfings are established separate races that should NOT look similar.

That's a valid concern and something that should be looked into going forward.

Getting that kind of discussion downvoted into obscurity and attacked is insane.

Would you want all the beta testers to log in and stand in 1 spot and declare everything is fucking awesome?

misery_sl

shitlord
I have never made a comment about ponytail. And over there I am not screaming that the art style sucks, because it doesn't. But there are flaws.

The female dwarfs looked like HALFLINGS. They can deviate all they want, its their game. They can make every races giant dicks for all I care. But they are bluring the lines within their own universe. Yes all elf sub classes will look similar but dwarfs and halfings are established separate races that should NOT look similar.

That's a valid concern and something that should be looked into going forward.

Getting that kind of discussion downvoted into obscurity and attacked is insane.

Would you want all the beta testers to log in and stand in 1 spot and declare everything is fucking awesome?
This might be a weak opinion, but I think maybe Rosie has a bit too much artistic freedom. Like she is submitting her ideas and concepts to the higher ups, and they are just giving her approval for whatever she does. They need a man on the art team, or something.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm rustled because the Devs are using Reddit as a primary source of feedback and guys like that spend all day killing any and all real discussions about the game.
[?]omeedd 5 points 2 hours ago
Haha... babysitter class CONFIRMED!

I mean they're either having a laugh at the reddit comments and doing their own thing internally or they are serious about this NOT being a serious game. Either way its sad day for the EQ IP.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It boggles my mind that she was the art lead for EverQuest. She might've been the lead in title, but if this is her unrestricted, then clearly she was tied down in the original game. Her role then and now are completely different.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This seems like an interesting thing to get hung up about. I guess I just don't necessarily see how the concept art looks more like Halflings than Dwarves?

It's Reddit. People abuse the fuck out of the downvote in nearly every subreddit.

glumner_sl

shitlord
Surprisingly, even the reddit response is almost entirely negative to these models. If the dark elves at least don't get a revision that will be proof positive that SOE has no real use for feedback on such topics.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

However, they did say back in 2012 that the old leaked images weren't going to be the direction for the new game:
The DE Concepts were shown this year at SOELive and are up on the EQNext site. So SOE doesn't get a pass.

@gogojira for the record, I actually agree with Teekey on the dwarf chicks, not ideal, but not something I'd worry about. Who the hell plays dwarf chicks anyway. Besides that crazy chick Linda Carlson at SOE.

glumner_sl

shitlord
It boggles my mind that she was the art lead for EverQuest. She might've been the lead in title, but if this is her unrestricted, then clearly she was tied down in the original game. Her role then and now are completely different.
Never thought I'd say it, but maybe they need to involve McQuaid and his Vision.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The DE Concepts were shown this year at SOELive and are up on the EQNext site. So SOE doesn't get a pass.

@gogojira for the record, I actually agree with Teekey on the dwarf chicks, not ideal, but not something I'd worry about. Who the hell plays dwarf chicks anyway. Besides that crazy chick Linda Carlson at SOE.
Whether or not I'll play them (I won't) is irrelevant, it's the implications behind the design that I hate.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord

I'm less worried about dwarf chicks specifically and more worried about what that style could mean for future models.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
The female Dark Elf concepts were shown, right? They looked a little more in-line with their current art style, and a bit less sinister than the outdated male art.