EQ Never

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
RIP EQN
frown.png

This might turn it around for Pantheon, in all honesty.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
yea, we all kind of knew this one was coming.
The interesting thing is they are looking to "launch" landmark this spring. Oh well here is hoping crowfall gets launched. kinda curious to try at least one voxel mmo.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Pity. Even with the way everything went down, I was still super on board with the ideas they had pitched to us. Oh well, maybe one of these days we'll see someone else take a stab at doing StoryBricks-style AI, and actually pull it off.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The interesting thing is they are looking to "launch" landmark this spring. Oh well here is hoping crowfall gets launched. kinda curious to try at least one voxel mmo.
That feels like they want to honor the commitments they made when selling the early bird packs. Otherwise people would be asking for refunds. There are maybe 100 people playing it at this point. Pure cash grab.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Semi off subject, but curious how much the actual game is would be worth?

Buying the assets finished, code, etc. (Assuming they wouldn't sell the EQ name)

I know nothing about value of those kinds of things, but I thought about it when Curt's game folded and they tried to auction it.

Maybe someone comes in and buys a semi finished game?

Is that easier than starting from scratch?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My guess is the code is a messy salad and that's probably a big reason for the shutdown. I think they ran into a lot of technical problems and who knows how much was broken in the process. It's not an easy decision to toss away millions of dollars so the game must have had some fatal flaws to it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
My guess is the code is a messy salad and that's probably a big reason for the shutdown. I think they ran into a lot of technical problems and who knows how much was broken in the process. It's not an easy decision to toss away millions of dollars so the game must have had some fatal flaws to it.
Being developed by DBG is a fatal flaw....no?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
So much for Steve Klug's technical wizardry

Bruman

Golden Squire
Good thing they held off on releasing EQN info for so long, because they were afraid someone was going to steal their ideas.

You know, the "Go almost bankrupt, get bought out by some random company who immediately guts us and changes the name, then cancels our flagship title" idea. Now EVERYONE will be copying it!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it still wouldn't surprise me if they step back, reuse what they can and go in a more safe development direction and make EQ3.