EQ Never

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is exactly what it will be like. There's no way they will allow games to have shit performance on the PS4 for their 60+ million installed userbase. Have we been given any specifics on the 4.5 yet? The only rumor I heard was that it was to add 4k output. I haven't heard anything about being more powerful as far as rendering goes.
It is going to have to be more powerful if they want to render 4k. The GPU in the PS4 is based on an old ass 7000 series AMD from >4 years ago. There's no way in hell it is touching anywhere close to 4k unless it is single digit frame rates.

*Edit*
Here, found the wiki:PlayStation 4 technical specifications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.8 GFLOP in the current PS4. For comparison's sake, the popular mid-range nVidia 970 is 3.4 GFLOP and is nowhere close to being able to render 4k. The Titan X is over 6 GFLOP and just scratches the surface of 4k gameplay.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is exactly what it will be like. There's no way they will allow games to have shit performance on the PS4 for their 60+ million installed userbase. Have we been given any specifics on the 4.5 yet? The only rumor I heard was that it was to add 4k output. I haven't heard anything about being more powerful as far as rendering goes.
I don't buy that when users are already accepting games that drop to sub 20 frames per second - it's already shit and this is before the ps4.5 has even launched. Why would things improve for the base ps4 when the faster version arrives? It'll either stay the same or get worse and by worse, I don't mean frame rates dropping even lower but more developers will take longer to optimise their game after release.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So...Jack Emmert is now in charge of DCUO and Planetside 2? I'm not looking forward to that. He was worse than the Iraqi Information Director when he was with City of Heroes. This is the guy who said he was developing a rage mechanic for tanks, so that they'd do more damage the longer the fights were. Then he said the tech couldn't do it. A few months later, City of Villains comes out, and it was in on villain side. This is the same guy who said CoX didn't need an endgame. We just sat around Atlas City showing off our costumes.

No thanks.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Tech demos can be insanely misleading and no one wanted to spend a billion dollars developing a new MMO. Felt very much like the famous PC crash in the 90s. I wouldn't be surprised if those jackasses just put together a 'mermaid' of projects. Something stunk from the outset on all of this.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
What a tone deaf fool.

rrr_img_136629.jpg

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd be shocked if DB is even a thing next year.
Yup. I'm trying hard to enjoy EQ1 TLP while they're still around but Daybreak can't stop trying as hard as possible to make everything terrible. I don't expect the company to be around much longer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What are they doing to EQ1 that makes you think they won't last as a company?

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What are they doing to EQ1 that makes you think they won't last as a company?
Sorry, I should have expanded beyond what I'm currently playing. It's not just EQ1. PS2 is much the same. My biggest issue is with the lack of any real CS, which you'd think I'd be used to from SOE days, but somehow DBG makes even more infuriating choices that just completely alienates players.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
It is going to have to be more powerful if they want to render 4k. The GPU in the PS4 is based on an old ass 7000 series AMD from >4 years ago. There's no way in hell it is touching anywhere close to 4k unless it is single digit frame rates.

*Edit*
Here, found the wiki:PlayStation 4 technical specifications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1.8 GFLOP in the current PS4. For comparison's sake, the popular mid-range nVidia 970 is 3.4 GFLOP and is nowhere close to being able to render 4k. The Titan X is over 6 GFLOP and just scratches the surface of 4k gameplay.
Yeah, the current gen hardware has hardly any games that are 60FPS always at standard HD. Most are either locked at 30FPS or use tricks like variable resolution to stay near 60. 4K at any decent frame rate seems like a pipe dream TBH ...

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
I'm just hoping that something comes of the project either way... I'm looking for the "next" thing whatever that is!
See Landmark.. they are adding in content that was clearly intended for EQNext; monster types, character models (dark elves), props, etc. Not fully sure why they are still developing Landmark at this point, given it's terrible reception (and being what it is), but they are.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"We can't just launch it and do nothing with it, then it becomes obvious we're just doing it to fulfill our obligations to the people that bought alpha access. Let's just slowly dump these abandoned EQNext assets into it."