EQ Never

Roxon

Molten Core Raider
I hope your anus's are prepared for Sgt. Slate!
Sergeant Slate needs to get the "WoW Hogger" treatment and become a fucking dungeon boss. Hell, they could just make it into an event. You take your group into the EC Tunnel and have to kill Slate before he rapes all the sellers at the torches. Make it happen, bitches.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I killed that fucker the other day when I passed by. It's an obligation. That bastard killed my original character (paladin) repeatedly when I was a newb.

Edit: Nah, I'm right. Maybe E3 2014? Sony's console side doesn't bank the system on SOE titles, but PlanetSide 2 will be a nice highlight to say "hey, we've got a F2P MMOFPS coming exclusively. Also, Destiny DLC comin' here first, y'all." At best they may hint at something in the future, and SOE reps will probably throw a comment or two unrelated to PS4 about EQN.

Based on Smed's tweets, don't expect PS2 to integrate with PC either. The same will be with EQN if it comes to consoles.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Another hint that EQ3 will be on PS4.

@Vykenos

@j_smedley Any possiblity at mentioning if the same plan for EQN? Would help in planning my console/PC purchasing
@j_smedley

there is always that possibility. Coincidentally Forgelight is used on EQN too

iannis

Musty Nester
Fantasy DC universe online!
DCUO is the only game left they have that makes money. Ok, technically I guess they all make money, but DCUO is the newest model and it makes the most. So yeah, I think you're pretty much right.

Shit, I don't even blame them. I just don't wanna play that.

Cross platform. Ugh.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
EQN is going to be playable at SOE Live allegedly. No reason they can't show an trailer at E3 to raise awareness/hype a bit.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
EQN is going to be playable at SOE Live allegedly. No reason they can't show an trailer at E3 to raise awareness/hype a bit.
SOE has stated (many times) that it won't be shown until SoE Live.

It would be smart to show something at E3, but, this is SoE.

Nobody_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_28352.jpg

The words "exclusive" and "first" seem plain enough.

However, in the event that they do flat out lie then they can expect a shit storm of refunds and cancellations. I would wager EQ Next is probably the main impetus for about 35% of the people going.

I know I would sure as shit cancel.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think we can trust people to have cell phone cams going. Pass on going out there.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
However, in the event that they do flat out lie then they can expect a shit storm of refunds and cancellations. I would wager EQ Next is probably the main impetus for about 35% of the people going.
They can easily spin that to mean first hands-on, playable look at EQN. Nobody is going to cancel their trip if they show some screens or a super brief trailer at E3 first, they are still going to want to go so they can demo it.

Krueger

Molten Core Raider
Smedley has talked a little today on Twitter about how they're making improvements to the Forgelight Engine(what powers Planetside 2 and EQ Next) for the PS4 that will translate into improvements on the PC side. So I would guess anything we see about EQ Next next week will be relation to the technical side of things, maybe just a brief peak at the graphics to show off what the engine is capable of.

Although I would love to be wrong and learn a bit more about the game than that before the SOE Fan Faire.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
-PC original game
-Announcement of Reboot/Sequel
-*Media Spin*
-Comes out for Console
-*company claims its great for PC

What my mind hears....
-Beloved PC game
-Another game, reboot coming? Sure, hyped
-*hears CONSOLE*
-going to be shit on PC
-doesnt care about the game, even if it came with a genie lamp and lifetime supply of Hookers and Blow!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The next generation of consoles (if not the current one) is a standardized PC with proprietary browsers and OSes. So in other words, there will be no need to get a console.

Either a game will be good or it will be shit, doesn't matter what platform.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_28352.jpg

The words "exclusive" and "first" seem plain enough.

I know I would sure as shit cancel.
I suppose it depends on what qualifies as a 'first look'. I mean, if E3 was a cg trailer and talking a little about it, but not showing gameplay, would showing gameplay at fan faire still qualify as a first look? Food for thought.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Aside from Smedley taking a flight to your house, shaking you and screaming "the motherfucking debut ain't happening until SOE Live," I'm not sure how much clearer you can get.