EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Maybe SoE will be at least discussing EQ3 at E3 to some degree:https://www.soe.com/news?view=live-s...edule-2013-soe

"3:30PM - 4:30PM EverQuest "What's Next" Show Time to talk about the EQ Franchise Dave Georgeson, Terry Michaels, Omeed Dariani"
I suspect the project spark demo and game montage at the Xbox presser will be more informative than the Sony talk on the franchise, given that EQ3 is supposed to have content creation tools and SOE's vow to not reveal much of anything until August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEaS1Joxq0w

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I suspect the project spark demo and game montage at the Xbox presser will be more informative than the Sony talk on the franchise, given that EQ3 is supposed to have content creation tools and SOE's vow to not reveal much of anything until August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEaS1Joxq0w
The only reason I have any hope that EQ Next will be discussed is because Terry Michaels is the senior producer on EQ Next.

MalCrawe_sl

shitlord
The chief problem of the theme-park rails.

Given that you are going to get "tickets" (quests) to rides (objectives) of short duration (so that you vacate the premises and let the next quester come in and get his own), you're never going to stay long in any area. Consequently, you can't take long to distribute gear; giving them from quest is much simpler than having your current targets drop it (or they need to drop every time). Also, since your experience is calibrated (you're in this area at level 33, that one at 34), your character power must be known and fixed within narrow limits. So, either gear gives you very little, or you must ensure a character has "appropriate" gear, meaning you distribute it regularly.

And this, people, is why you get showered in items every level tier.
Haha, very true. Theme-parks are so outdated and not fun:http://www.eqnforum.com/threads/eqne...by-smedley.90/

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i can't believe that they're not going to show anything at E3. that just seems retarded to me. can't think of a better venue to show off at least something of your game and get people at least talking about it.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
So TESO and FFIV confirmed for PS4. EQN will most likely be as well, guess that's the new trend for MMO's..

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It will be at E3 next year and I really don't think it's a big deal that it's missing this E3. The entire industry has its eyes fixated on the new consoles and despite EQ Next likely coming to PS4 some year or another, it's going to launch on PC and could easily get overlooked. More than that, the game isn't going to launch before E3 of next year so they'll have the debut at SOE Live, next year's E3, then another SOE Live to show it off. The PC crowd is certainly making strides, but E3 is a very console oriented show.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It will be at E3 next year and I really don't think it's a big deal that it's missing this E3. The entire industry has its eyes fixated on the new consoles and despite EQ Next likely coming to PS4 some year or another, it's going to launch on PC and could easily get overlooked. More than that, the game isn't going to launch before E3 of next year so they'll have the debut at SOE Live, next year's E3, then another SOE Live to show it off. The PC crowd is certainly making strides, but E3 is a very console oriented show.
I predict the game will launch late this year. Q1 2014 at latest. The art assets have been done for a long time. Redoing the game after the hard parts are done shouldn't take too long. Plus, Smed said we'd be playing it later this year "and not a beta".

Louis

Trakanon Raider
You could flip that statement around and say it's not even a beta, but just a trial of the isle type bullshit. No possible way this thing is released for Q1 when we haven't even seen a screenshot yet.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I predict the game will launch late this year. Q1 2014 at latest. The art assets have been done for a long time. Redoing the game after the hard parts are done shouldn't take too long. Plus, Smed said we'd be playing it later this year "and not a beta".
TESO just announced for Q1 2014. Mmos are like movie launches, they don't like to step on each other. So the earliest would be Q2 for EQNext. Given how little info is actually out there my bet is fall 2014.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Or Q4 2012 in time to sell Station Cash cards for xmas!

Edit: SOE, at least old SOE,IS(was?) stupid enough to put their next generation flagship live in the same month as a game that will certainly crush them, see 2004.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TESO would certainly crush EQnext?

surely there must be a third game that we can put bets on in that race?

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
TESO just announced for Q1 2014. Mmos are like movie launches, they don't like to step on each other. So the earliest would be Q2 for EQNext.Given how little info is actually out there my bet is fall 2014.
Dave has stated several times, as well as Smed, that they do not want to show anything until they have a huge head start on competitors, so I don't know how much this matters.