EQ Never

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My understanding is that Beta Keys at these sorts of events are pretty common, I got Vanguard Beta by attending Fanguard here in town. I think Blizz has given away Beta Keys at Blizzcon, I believe a few buddies got EQ2 Beta for attending Fanfaire a few years back.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It sounds to me as though this game in not EQN but rather Champions of Norrath II

Okay, that one you'll need to expand upon. We've seen a lot of wishing and predicting here, but being Champions-esque is one thing that hasn't made an appearance in the discussion.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I know a lot of people would like to see a EQ1 redo but I can't think of anyone that actually expects EQN to be that.

Really, who here or anywhere thinks EQN will be anything like EQ1? That's just a fantasy propped up by the cynics who want to make fun of anyone that likes EQ1. Those same cynics are the people who will be most disappointed when EQNext is revealed. For they want so badly to wallow in another's misery but it will not exist.... except in their tiny pea brains.
the saddest part of all is that reading and posting in this thread will end up being more fun than EQN....
frown.png

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Depends what you're hoping for really. This game is NOT EQ reskinned. I'm telling you now. But it's not a WoW clone. You guys that aren't so hopelessly salty may just like it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Depends what you're hoping for really. This game is NOT EQ reskinned. I'm telling you now. But it's not a WoW clone. You guys that aren't so hopelessly salty may just like it.
I'm a trusting soul so I'll take you at your word that you've got a friend at SOE.

I won't link to the video because I don't feel like it - but for a game to be wildly successful it must combine both old and new elements. The question in everyone's mind is this: did EQN go too far? Is it too much new stuff, not enough old...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Funny part is since not everyone wants the same amount of old and new anyway, there's gonna be people excited and people disapointed regardless of what they chose.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm a trusting soul so I'll take you at your word that you've got a friend at SOE.

I won't link to the video because I don't feel like it - but for a game to be wildly successful it must combine both old and new elements. The question in everyone's mind is this: did EQN go too far? Is it too much new stuff, not enough old...
Let me be clear. I do NOT have every little detail of this game. There is a lot I dont know yet. There is some stuff I do know from what I was told. You WILL be playing this game this year. It will either be Beta in Nov/Dec with the Feb/Mar release or Beta right after SOE live with an end of the year launch. Basically I am told this game is MUCH further along than most of the public believes and SOE did that on purpose to throw people off and surprise them. As for the details of the game, I dont wanna spill and go thru several pages of armchair debates and negative shit but I will leave this tidbit: No hard factions in this game. There are racial classes akin to to EQ1. Example being barbarians can be Warriors, beserkers, shaman, etc. If they want to become a different class they have to build faction with other races which isnt an easy process and then begin to study. So there is a class system too aparently. I know more but thats all I'm saying for now.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let me be clear. I do NOT have every little detail of this game. There is a lot I dont know yet. There is some stuff I do know from what I was told. You WILL be playing this game this year. It will either be Beta in Nov/Dec with the Feb/Mar release or Beta right after SOE live with an end of the year launch. Basically I am told this game is MUCH further along than most of the public believes and SOE did that on purpose to throw people off and surprise them. As for the details of the game, I dont wanna spill and go thru several pages of armchair debates and negative shit but I will leave this tidbit: No hard factions in this game. There are racial classes akin to to EQ1. Example being barbarians can be Warriors, beserkers, shaman, etc. If they want to become a different class they have to build faction with other races which isnt an easy process and then begin to study. So there is a class system too aparently. I know more but thats all I'm saying for now.
I'm curious what features you know about that leads you to believe there will be pages of negative debate?

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Ehhhh I think you are being fed misinformation.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm curious what features you know about that leads you to believe there will be pages of negative debate?
Nothing in particular. Just everyone has hashed out their armchair dev stances enough. I choose to just let it be what it is and judge it as a whole when I see the full picture.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. You do not need to know anything about the game to know there will be pages of negative debate. Rofl.
Certain features bring out the rage more so than others. like PvP.. that's what I was getting at..I'm quite aware that MMOS are like talking politics. That said.. Flipmode if you will. what do you know about PvP in EQN?