EQ Never

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I would be fine with a gold subscription that is the baseline for xp and pots that are purchaseable as one time time deals for non gold subscribers. So the baseline xp rate cannot be exceeded by using a potion therefore you could not be a gold sub and use pots to gain an advantage by going over the 100 percent xp rate. That's about the only way I could tolerate it to be honest.
Fuck your ideas.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes I was being facetious. I would prefer a sub based game with a free to play forever, upgradeable demo. Just my opinion of course.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
All MMO industry discussion aside... Is anyone else fucking pumped to run around Norrath again? I just hope they get it 'right'. I remember logging into EQ2 for the first time and being quite disappointed. EQOA got it right for me. Norrath looked different, but felt the same, with landmarks are lore that very closely harkened back to the original.

How about you guys? What is gonna make Norrath feel like home for you? What is gonna be a 'deal breaker' as far as geography and lore departures?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
damn I want eq2 dungeons and raids through KOS in eqnext that stuff was fantastic.... especially the raids.

Quaid_sl said:
How about you guys? What is gonna make Norrath feel like home for you? What is gonna be a 'deal breaker' as far as geography and lore departures?
I'm hoping for at least a dozen entirely different starting areas that don't overlap right away.

That and the ding sound.
smile.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Halas must be a newbie island released 7 years from launch.
Lol. I remember going to blackburrow and seeing the cave to EF. Weird, I thought. I just took a giant ass boatride to EF. Then I went to EF and...halas is nowhere to be found. What the fuck, sundering.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
EQ2 was horrible, logged in as some weird random race in a mushroom fairy newbie zone for the first time took 10 steps and uninstalled

If it's not an EQ1 re-skin I'm gonna skip it because I've played enough hot bar spam/endless quest grind/daily instance bullshit MMOs to last me a few decades at this point

Quaid

Trump's Staff
EQ2 was horrible, logged in as some weird random race in a mushroom fairy newbie zone for the first time took 10 steps and uninstalled

If it's not an EQ1 re-skin I'm gonna skip it because I've played enough hot bar spam/endless quest grind/daily instance bullshit MMOs to last me a few decades at this point
If they don't make it the original 3 continents + the added races in their entirety they are absolutely retarded imo

Dragoon_sl

shitlord

Agreed. And so does the true EQ fan.

I have spent countless hours and more than enough disposable income to know what I fucking want...nay....need.

I had a dream last night that EQN launches with 2 playable races:

Human
Undead

Players must play through a "undead has taken over Qeynos/Freeport" kind of storyline to unlock remaining classes/races. Similar to unlocking the Temple of Sol Ro and Sol A and B kind of.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The thing is about cash shops is that they can be really well done (DDO, LOTRO, GW2, RIFT) or they can be really shitty and detrimental to your game (TOR, EQ2 and many others). In my opinion the perfect cash shop is something like this:

Assuming the basic game is free, the cash shop should contain
Cosmetic Items, Mount Skins, etc.

Extra Bank Slots, Bag Slots (GW2 does this real well) which does not include ones you have to unlock with in-game currency.

XP Boosters (like 10% boost), GW2 does this real well again. Most of the time you don't need them, and you get them as drops/rewards so you don't even have to buy them. I actually saved them up and used them at once and never bought one of them during my time.

Vanity Pets

Character Slots

Weapon and Armor Skins if the game is designed for it (transmog or skins like TERA) but I would allow for the more badass looking skins come from dungeons so people know you're awesome at the game then releasing those badass skins 1-2 years later with different color schemes so the original are still unique.

Now, you could also do what TOR and other games do. You can sub to the game for 15$/mo and gain a set amount of currency per month. You also have most of the unlocks (inventory/bank space etc.) and character slots.

--

I'm probably missing some things. The one thing I really hate or sometimes love are those lockboxes that can only be purchased with cash shop keys. In NWN the keys were expensive and the boxes yielded crap. In GW2 the keys were cheap but also dropped in-game as well. They yielded crafting stuff and other random gear and were a nice little bonus.

Weapon and Armor Skins if the game is designed for it (transmog or skins like TERA) but I would allow for the more badass looking skins come from dungeons so people know you're awesome at the game then releasing those badass skins 1-2 years later with different color schemes so the original are still unique.
This is a huge turn off for me. I likely would not play solely based on this.

I want you looking like a doofus noob until you put time/effort/luck into changing your outfit.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think gw2 does weapon skins right. Flavor ones like pirate outfits would be on the store whereas all the badass armor is earned in game