EQ Never

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The guy is a good artist but his style is too cartoonish WoW-like for EQ. Keith Parkinson set a more realistic tone and it was perfect.

It sucks that the powers that be at SoE are philistines. If the game looks like that art piece then they should just rename the game to EQWoW.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
The guy is a good artist but his style is too cartoonish WoW like. Keith Parkinson set a more realistic tone and it was perfect. It sucks that the powers that be at SoE are philistines. If the game looks like that art piece then they should just rename the game to EQWoW.
He's obviously talented, but that painting is just not right. lol

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anybody see this?

On Friday, August 2, 2013, SOE will stream the worldwide debut of the highly anticipated EverQuest Next live on Twitch.tv!
Looks like we won't have to wait for leaked cellphone cam videos.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Why does Firiona look part alien? She's not ready for battle with both weapons drawn like that either.
I'm guessing at least part of it is trying to make elves look more distinct from humans, by playing around with their facial proportions.

The art style isn't blowing me away, but I don't think it's that bad. The oversized hammers and Firiona's sword are a little meh, but hardly a deal breaker.

Speaking of weapons, did anyone else notice that all the swords shown are some variation of a saber? Just seems odd that there's no plain long sword anywhere in there.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Fuck you Blizzard. Fuck you. You ruined a genre? Yeah you fucking did Mr. Kern, you fucking dipshit. How about you fucking eat McDonalds for the rest of your goddamned overrated life? Because that's what you're force feeding us every.fucking.day. Furor and the retarded frozen moses and can go fuck themselves too. Hope the ferraris and coked up whores are worth it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
This whole thread is going to turn into a mix of hatred and love starting now, right into SOE Live and on through launch. Fuck it though, I like the art. Nagafen looks like a boss. The worst part for me is Firiona Vie wielding a bow and sword because how the fuck does that even happen and hey give her a wand. Ogres look small, but it least he's got a gut, Kerra dude is enormous and what is that little dude? It looks like a Ratonga and Iksar mated. The lady next to the human could be a Half Elf because they sure as shit will be in the game (no doubt not all races are represented). This may not be 100 percent representative of the in-game assets but it's surely a glimpse of what to expect.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The rage just from a piece of art work is amusing. What's going to happen when they show their first piece of loot and it has only strength on it but it has blue text?