EQ Never

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, I think it's exciting that a big company (regardless of reputation) is dedicated to doing something 'different'.
Where do you see this "different" from? Hell people are blatantly hoping and speculating that it copies a crap ton of stuff from different games.

Players think they "Want" different, but as soon as they try something different, they complain its too different.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Like I said, I don't claim to have every aspect of combat mechanics. I knew classes, playable races, faction info etc. I shared more info with a couple posters via PM.

What's the point to post it here. People just loud talk you and shout you down because they think their opinions are right and they simply aren't. I have better things to do than argue with folks like that. Simply put, they'll see they are wrong soon enough. /shrug
I'm confused as to why you would have to argue about it. If you have inside information, just post it and walk away. I'm sure there are plenty of people that are lurking and/or not involved in all the bickering that would love to see it (e.g. me).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do you see this "different" from? Hell people are blatantly hoping and speculating that it copies a crap ton of stuff from different games.

Players think they "Want" different, but as soon as they try something different, they complain its too different.
Holy shit dude.. Stop being such a wet blanket lol.. Why does it bother you so much that there are people here who are excited about EQN? Who gives 2 fucks why. Some of you have been stuck on this for pages now. You need to get fucked by a unicorn and spread the rainbow a bit. Take it easy tiger.

Tol_sl

shitlord
My favorite thing about this thread is that it's gone over 400 pages with nothing to really talk about whatsoever. We just drift from abstract topics to nostalgia to speculation, and some people seem invested in it already, while others are just waiting in the rafters for it to be a failure so they can swoop down and feast on tears. If nothing else, this game has a weird presence to it already. Personally I like it, because it feels like a long time since most people have really given half a shit either way about a new game, positive or negative.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah those people who are disappointed would be wise to not vent it here. Why let the trolls feast? Ill be disappointed if I don't like EQN but ill get back to just living an already awesome life!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
deathnail
death knell

Does that also mean there's at least mildly interesting crafting then cause from what I know the economy is good due to crafting being good.
The crafting (process) itself is terrible. Their economy is good because of a number of things, foremost in my mind is the fact that most things can be destroyed, crafted, sold, etc and replacements must be crafted. So you have a regular "recycling" of items, and often players choose to use cheap stuff as opposed to better but more expensive ships/mods because of the cost versus risk aspect.

We don't know exactly how much will be destructible
This is true. EQ2 had "destructible" terrain so to speak, but iirc it was mostly sections of walls in dungeons that were really nothing more than a static mob with HP and a wall graphic. There is no way of telling how extensive it will be, if it even makes it into release at all. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised of SOE is going to overstate just about everything and that we'll end up feeling underwhelmed.

Of course I hope that I'm wrong and that they blow us away....but I'm not very optimistic about it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Speaking of PvP, what were the factions on Tallon Zek? Sullon Zek was Good, Evil, Neutral right?

Tol_sl

shitlord
There is no way of telling how extensive it will be, if it even makes it into release at all. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised of SOE is going to overstate just about everything and that we'll end up feeling underwhelmed.
Emergent gameplay: Who can construct the largest phallus without SOE banning them for having it too closely resemble a penis, while also destroying other guild's giant not-penises. EQN: E-peen just got taken to the next level.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
d
My favorite thing about this thread is that it's gone over 400 pages with nothing to really talk about whatsoever. We just drift from abstract topics to nostalgia to speculation, and some people seem invested in it already, while others are just waiting in the rafters for it to be a failure so they can swoop down and feast on tears. If nothing else, this game has a weird presence to it already. Personally I like it, because it feels like a long time since most people have really given half a shit either way about a new game, positive or negative.
Yep. I love this thread and it's because SoE has hidden their cards for so long. It has let our imaginations run wild with ideas and speculations that are actually interesting to consider.

A lot of very good ideas about what should or shouldn't be in mmos have been put forth here. I have even changed my mind about some of them, good and bad. Of course there is a lot of BS and cynicism here too, but it's been fun anyways. I hope some enterprising devs have been following it. Some of the ideas presented here are very good and would make serious contributions to the evolution of the genre.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of PvP, what were the factions on Tallon Zek? Sullon Zek was Good, Evil, Neutral right?
Yes SZ Was a 3 faction system.

I played for quite a while on Rallos Zek (Peacebreakers) but man, SZ was a whole different level. I'm not sure if another SZ rule set would ever make it to a live mmo, but damn, it took balls of steel to play on that server. If EQ Next had a SZ rule set plus RZ item loot, I would be in mmo heaven.

because eq isn't coming back
frown.png

mmo's are dead and it's time to come to terms with it.