EQ Never

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
But seriously... When this turns out to be fucking wicked we're all gonna guild together, right?

Big hugs?
Excellent idea. Let's pick a guild name and end this debate about who has more inside information in one shot. One point for every correct answer (or for whoever gets the closest), and whoever has the most points gets to name the guild. Ready...Set....Go!

1. What are five classes, besides Druid, that will be in EQN?

2. Are there any races that will be playable in EQN that were not playable in EQ1? If so, name as many as you can.

3. How will long-distance travel work?

3. Will Dungeon Maker, or some program that allows you to make dungeons, be available to players for EQN?

4. How many of the dungeons, percentage wise, will be instances at release?

5. Will there be servers with special rulesets?

6. Will PvP be limited in any way by default? If so, how?

7. How many continents will be available on release? What are their names?

8. What day will beta start?

9. What day will the game be released?

10. How many registered users will there be 6 months into the game?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
How does leashing cause inconsistency with sandbox? Leashing makes more sense than not. Having every single mob be the terminator in their persistence of some random dude is silly.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep going flip, maybe you can make qwerty have another meltdown :p

Holy shit dude.. Stop being such a wet blanket lol.. Why does it bother you so much that there are people here who are excited about EQN? Who gives 2 fucks why. Some of you have been stuck on this for pages now. You need to get fucked by a unicorn and spread the rainbow a bit. Take it easy tiger.
It's called logical expectations, especially in the face of no information at all about the game(sorry marketing tweets and batman-detective-connect-the-dots-speculation doesn't count).

If we finally get to see something that can cause some excitement I am right on board until I can play it to make a real decision.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
How does leashing cause inconsistency with sandbox? Leashing makes more sense than not. Having every single mob be the terminator in their persistence of some random dude is silly.
They could leash with weighted AI.

Pursue until X distance if this guy pisses me off by showing up univited
Pursue until X+ Y distance if this guy really pisses me off by killing my dog
Pursue forever if this guy is my archenemy and killed my daughter and wife

It's only silly if you are judging it like a real natural world. Some things would get tired, some would be too scared etc.. But in gameplay terms it made total sense. It meant that you couldn't screw around and if you messed up, there were serious consequences that could lead to your death.

Vanguard totally ruined this. You could shoot a huge giant or something and then think oooops, but you just turn and run and hit sprint and the giant gives up chase after 30 foot or something. Leashing would be fine but it needs to be far, and the mobs need to keep hot on your heels with no player sprint. In EQ, bailing was very skill based. If you ran instantly, and jumped over any obstacles in your way and ran directly in the opposite direction... you had a chance of getting away alive. But if you fumbled your keys or something, got stuck on a tree, or took too many turns, mobs would catch up to you and beat you down.
Keep going flip, maybe you can make qwerty have another meltdown :p
I can't atm, maybe tomorrow.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They could leash with weighted AI.

Pursue until X distance if this guy pisses me off by showing up univited
Pursue until X+ Y distance if this guy really pisses me off by killing my dog
Pursue forever if this guy is my archenemy and killed my daughter and wife
Pursue forever? In a Seamless world?

...I would bathe in the blood of noobie zones. CHOOCHOO

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Means leashing.
Would be fun without leashing. Same mechanics in EQ. Aggro until death of you or mob. The trains would be epic. AE "camps" phenomenal. Raid bosses pulled to newbie towns to be zerged for extreme risk extreme reward extreme grief. Guilds shouting out "where the hell is Ralloz Zek, we are supposed to raid him!" "Saw him headed towards Qeynos an hour ago, some enchanter tried to solo him but had to run." I would love to play in a world like that.

I do love the aggro until death thing. It made things scary. Like tonight I was playing and my wiz was alone in lower guk and a bit low on mana. Tough mob spotted me and attacked and I had no way of killing it. So I rooted it and then ran behind a wall and camped out. It was a tense 30 seconds hoping the root didn't break... But I made it and then just logged back in and ran away to get an invis. But the camping thing was necessary to break aggro, otherwise I would have died.

Would be fun without leashing. Same mechanics in EQ. Aggro until death of you or mob. The trains would be epic. AE "camps" phenomenal. Raid bosses pulled to newbie towns to be zerged for extreme risk extreme reward extreme grief. Guilds shouting out "where the hell is Ralloz Zek, we are supposed to raid him!" "Saw him headed towards Qeynos an hour ago, some enchanter tried to solo him but had to run." I would love to play in a world like that.
Exactly.. the unexpectedness is what makes it interesting..

If everything is on 100% lockdown / instanced / camped it's retarded

This is not what EQN will be though.. it will be EQ2 with player made / sold modules imo

Craft your own dungeon for you and your friends and be rewarded with costumes which you can design!! Imagine the savings on dev budget.

Hence the distinction of EQ2 with player sold content.

Otherwise it would have just said "It will be EQ2"

edit.. and no zones.. gotta remember no zones is important cuz leashing makes it sandboxy

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Otherwise it would have just said "It will be EQ2"
It will have EQ1 lore (mostly - some undoubtedly retarded changes)
It will have VG/DCUO combat if it is actiony, or EQ1/VG combat if it is not.
It will have EQ1/VG classes
It will have VGish crafting.
It will have EQ1 races (mostly - some undoubtedly retarded changes like kobolds)
It will have EVEish PvP
It will have EQ2 dinnerware, cutlery and cabinetry.

I don't get the EQ2 domination thing.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Would agree but EQ was zones. EQN is seemless. Supposedly seemless and huge. Did you play VG? Huge world gets old running long distances very fast. Makes it hard to group. Portals everywhere are a problem but I'm not bothered by some early speed increases in the mid-teens as long as you've had to walk to 10-15. Assuming jboots are craftable probably a midtier (20+) item, VG like early-mounts are probably a bigger issue in terms of content. We'll see what's up - I'll try and ask about jboots and mounts at the Q & A.
If your asking at a Q&A and able to ask, I would like to know if they are going to have vendor reselling. I really miss that.

If you dont know what I mean, I am talking about when you sell a item to a vendor, they reposts it for players to buy. I used to spend hours shopping vendors to get cheap stuff the bazaar players sold for a king's ransom! I hate the buy back option in todays games, if someone sold their Ungodly armor or weapon or crafting mat to a vendor I would like to scoop them up! Their bad my gain, pay attention sucker!
EQ vendors had a limit on what it showed, it may not have been on the list when viewing their wares but you could buy out all the cheap stuff to see if the vendor had more or better stuff on them. Think it was something like 32 slots viewable?

If optional another question, do they have a competent dev on the team for crafting.
Meaning someone that knows how it works and can do their job with it. So far, its been a side show add-on like they put in the game as an "oops, we forgot crafting for the game" last minute mess. Dedicated Crafters should be able to make profit from other players on things they make, its not a mini-game for players to just do something to pass the time. It should mean sometime to those focused on it, much like raiders gearing up, crafters should have unlocks and specialities where all types are needed and limit player competition with other crafters of the same profession.
Not talking the EQ2 bs where they need to get items from other crafter to complete their item either, that should only be an option for bonuses for X stat/skill added during creation.

I know I am the odd-man out on the forums here not being a major raider/combat and care more for crafting/exploring and profit but I would like to voice action on something that I care much about which is heavy crafting and very much tinkering!

Always wondered why potions from shamans and tinkering never got together, something i always thought would pair together nicely!
cool.png

Once you realize that this is SoE, it all will be clear.

They will put FTP item shop BS to counteract any "sandboxy" elements (the few that may actually make it to release) and slowly remove them from the game.

It will take time but you have to come to this conclusion on your own and it will fill you with great wisdom and understanding.

Peace be with you.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If your asking at a Q&A and able to ask, I would like to know if they are going to have vendor reselling. I really miss that. :
I'll ask about vendor diving if I remember and (importantly) have a chance - there's only one panel now. I think second question should come up during reveal. If they don't talk about crafting you know you're screwed.

Post in the SOE Live Live thread whenever it gets started.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Once you realize that this is SoE, it all will be clear.

They will put FTP item shop BS to counteract any "sandboxy" elements (the few that may actually make it to release) and slowly remove them from the game.

It will take time but you have to come to this conclusion on your own and it will fill you with great wisdom and understanding.

Peace be with you.
Please go back and re-read some of my posts. I've stated multiple times that if SOE produces a great game at release that game will eventually get nerfed/bad decisioned into a crap game - see Vanilla WoW/Blizzard.

So the important thing, if the game is wicked, is to play as much as you can when it is released and up to the point it starts turning to crap. Play for now and don't worry about the future.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will have EQ1 lore (mostly - some undoubtedly retarded changes)
It will have VG/DCUO combat if it is actiony, or EQ1/VG combat if it is not.
It will have EQ1/VG classes
It will have VGish crafting.
It will have EQ1 races (mostly - some undoubtedly retarded changes like kobolds)
It will have EVEish PvP
It will have EQ2 dinnerware, cutlery and cabinetry.

I don't get the EQ2 domination thing.
Should preface some of those with "I hope"