EQ Never

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just reinstalled PS2 after a while of not playing and they have made some really good changes to the game IMO, so I'm looking forward to see what they're going to release with a new EQ title.

Friday needs to be here faster.
I want to re-install PS2 and see all the new changes but then I remember they banned my fucking account over my credit card being cancelled do to fraud. No email asking for new cc info for my monthly sub, just a "fuck you, you're banned" email and of course customer support gave zero fucks. All that money and station cash just gone.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hadn't logged in a few months and just happened to have a new card sent out right as they were trying to pull the 6 month sub out of my account. I can pm you the email if you wish.

EDIT: Sent you a PM with the email details, judge for yourself.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I like the idea of meaningful quests, but you still have to keep them uncommon and not just have them take up the entire area. I took a look at the WoW newbie zone revamp back in Cata where they dedicated the entire zone of Westfall to nothing but a bad CSI joke, Redridge lead into a Rambo spoof, and so on. I know WoW has alot of easter eggs but the revamp for those two zones was jumping the shark badly (not sure if the rest is as bad, didnt look at more).

I didn't mind Cam. Played some eq with him. I always thought qwerty and cam were the same
Who is this Cam, he sounds awesome?

The hell they don't. We are their customers. We play their games.
Ohhh my goddd brooo let me wrap you up in snuggly wool and feed you cookies because you are just such a special little thing! The world owes you snuggles!

p.s. there's been like 9 pages since I last posted, wtf...

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The wow Easter eggs have gone overboard awhile. I'd like a lot of pq's and dynamic events with quests being a minimum as involved as the tsw quests, which most make WoW quests looks like shit. I'm also done with vehicles. Fucking hate that every WoW quest in cata, maybe one of their most serious xpacs, was FULL of damn vehicle quests.

I want something that takes effort and grouping through uninstanced and instanced content.

i always picture the compromise between instancing & non instancing simply working like:

A.) Set up eq-classic/kunark style camp at Disco in Seb
B.) Bartender named pops
C.) Group agrees via a pop up action window to instance & fight the named
D.) upon victory or failure respawn at the zone ent etc

and then really to clarify one point, not every named will have the instance option. So your disco group can still deal with named spawns in the classic fashion, and at your choice choose to attempt the available instance.

i always picture the compromise between instancing & non instancing simply working like:

B.) Bartender named pops

and then really to clarify one point, not every named will have the instance option. So your disco group can still deal with named spawns in the classic fashion, and at your choice choose to attempt the available instance.
That is the worst idea I've ever read. Gtfo back to WoW.

Carl_sl

shitlord

B.) Bartender named pops

You could also just do a system with a few contested names in the zone and the rest have keys for doors only your group can go through, or summoning items.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Here is the thing about monetizing on what I'll callgame-play enhancementsfor the sake of argument. For the most part, comparing monetization in the average game to something like League of Legends or even TF2 is a false comparison. If you are one of those handful of games you are pretty much set, and you can do whatever the hell you want and it will print money for you.Somany people play that even the poorest converting monetization feature will generate a ridiculous revenue stream that can pay for any number of coke-fueled hooker parties your drug-addled brain can imagine.
To expand on this, Valve is currently selling compendiums for the International 3. It's basically an in game book you buy for like $10. The International Prize Pool is increased by $2.50 for every Compendium that people buy and there are also goals that when reached provide compendium owners with cosmetic type gifts. As of right now, the the prize pool is $2,746,532 with the final stretch goal is $3,200,000. Being that the international is next week I don't see that one being met. That's a shitload of money they made off of basically nothing.

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord
i've never played WoW in my life, and I guarantee you don't have a single thought on how best to compromise instanced versus non instanced dungeons.
there is no compromise. You can't get a little bit pregnant. Since the advent of instanced content, I don't ever in my MMO playing life recall ever thinking to myself "wow! this is amazing, if EQ only had this it would have been so much better"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You could also just do a system with a few contested names in the zone and the rest have keys for doors only your group can go through, or summoning items.
A system where, say, 90% of a dungeon is uninstanced but there are two rare spawn named mobs and the only way to get to said named mobs is by finding the keys to their "instances"? You find the keys off of roaming named at 100% drop rate and .2% drop rate off random trash? Then once you have the key you go into your own instance of their room but it could be a placeholder instead of the named and once it's defeated you get ported back to the other side of the door and have to start farming again? I could get behind that. Especially if the keys only drop off of trash in a small vicinity around their "instance" door and it's highly contested. So your group can decide to farmed the contested named throughout the dungeon or try to farm these highly contested keys.

The problem with it is that if the keys only drop in a certain area of a dungeon that area will most likely become a "camp" so why even bother having the instanced bosses?

A system where, say, 90% of a dungeon is uninstanced but there are two rare spawn named mobs and the only way to get to said named mobs is by finding the keys to their "instances"? You find the keys off of roaming named at 100% drop rate and .2% drop rate off random trash? Then once you have the key you go into your own instance of their room but it could be a placeholder instead of the named and once it's defeated you get ported back to the other side of the door and have to start farming again? I could get behind that. Especially if the keys only drop off of trash in a small vicinity around their "instance" door and it's highly contested. So your group can decide to farmed the contested named or try to farm these highly contested keys.
im picturing this concept within the crypt in Seb. The 4 skele named can drop the instance piece to get into Emps room. But I mean the point of instancing, it seems anyways, is to allow multiple groups of players to experience the same content. So i guess that'd have to be considered.

But also fuck it we find out sort of in 2 days.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
If it is a sandbox then instancing isn't even going to be a big issue because loot will either be diablo style or almost all crafted. The original EQ only had those camping problems because it was a themepark and forced you into those few zones to get those drops and in many cases nothing else in the game at the time was even a remotely good substitute.

Carl_sl

shitlord
there is no compromise. You can't get a little bit pregnant. Since the advent of instanced content, I don't ever in my MMO playing life recall ever thinking to myself "wow! this is amazing, if EQ only had this it would have been so much better"
Considering it had instances content before wow even released there's a good reason you never thought that.