EQ Never

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
They've said that they can prevent or restrict damage. This really opens up the idea of sieges, etc. A sword can't destroy a wall, but a catapult could, etc.

There's lots of potential for PvP destruction areas, but I don't see them going full on hardcore sandbox. I do hope they allow more freedom on special rules servers, though.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I hope one of the asian prostitutes tad had in his room woke him up in time to attend the panel thats going on right now to report in some deets.

Caliane

you guys want pvp in a game with destructible environments?

FFS, you think knockbacks are annoying? what do you think anything that changes the environment will do? even in small scale, it would be so disruptive to gameplay. large scale, what happens when 20 people cast spell "x" that digs a 20ft trench?

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_38834.jpg

Baby come back, you can blame it all on me.
No get your UO shit out of my EQ.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm a bit confused on what benefits destructible environments bring to the table, exactly. How does that work in an MMO world if they keep healing themselves? Is this instancing 2.0? I really could give two fucks about destroying a bridge if it comes back in an hour.

Modern devs seem totally clueless.

iannis

Musty Nester
you guys want pvp in a game with destructible environments?

FFS, you think knockbacks are annoying? what do you think anything that changes the environment will do? even in small scale, it would be so disruptive to gameplay. large scale, what happens when 20 people cast spell "x" that digs a 20ft trench?
I THINK WE FILL IT WITH THE FROZEN CORPSES OF OUR FALLEN COMRADES AND MAKE A BRIDGE WITH WHICH TO PLACE COCK FIRMLY IN ROMAN ASS.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a bit confused on what benefits destructible environments bring to the table, exactly. How does that work in an MMO world if they keep healing themselves? Is this instancing 2.0? I really could give two fucks about destroying a bridge if it comes back in an hour.

Modern devs seem totally clueless.
Tiered zones. If you don't think that sounds cool, then just go play Project 1999 to your heart's content.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I really didn't like the Kerran in screenshots, but once I watched the video of him moving around it looked a ton better.

Okay, I'll admit it. Interest piqued.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I think if only a small percentage of people could achieve the unlocking/finding of spells such as the highest % slow, ice comet, res, hp buff, haste, etc., then there is a chance to establish some character identity.

Hey, there's Pheld, the shaman I heard has 75% slow. There's Herzog, the warrior with a 30 second defensive, there's Cerb, the chanter with a 1 minute mex etc.

Obviously elitism has and always will be the carrot on the stick, so I think that's how it'll work - making meaningful abilities stand out in terms of functionality.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Tiered zones. If you don't think that sounds cool, then just go play Project 1999 to your heart's content.
Sure, but does that mean zones have different discrete 'states'? I've watched all the videos, and thus far there's nothing concrete but hype train bs.

So if Nektulos is in tiered state 4, does that mean the halfling outpost has invaded Neriak, and it won't be reset to tiered state 1 until tomorrow morning?

I like the idea, but if there are in fact discrete states that sorta loop back around, then the tech just isn't there to be useful yet.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sure, but does that mean zones have different discrete 'states'? I've watched all the videos, and thus far there's nothing concrete but hype train bs.

So if Nektulos is in tiered state 4, does that mean the halfling outpost has invaded Neriak, and it won't be reset to tiered state 1 until tomorrow morning?

I like the idea, but if there are in fact discrete states that sorta loop back around, then the tech just isn't there to be useful yet.
No, I mean like - layers and layers of zones.

rrr_img_38841.jpg

rrr_img_38843.jpg

I don't think such an idea comes about without world destruction.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I THINK WE FILL IT WITH THE FROZEN CORPSES OF OUR FALLEN COMRADES AND MAKE A BRIDGE WITH WHICH TO PLACE COCK FIRMLY IN ROMAN ASS.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iannis again.

Edit: Hey, what the fuck? I've never given him rep before.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Yah like what's stopping a tier 1 guy from just following a tier 5 into the hole to nagafen that he just dug? I'm sure there's a system, but I wonder what it is. Technically, if you could do that, then you could 'twink' certain spells or abilities.

Like say assisting on a fire giant clear gives you access to ultimate Mage DS class, then you can walk around with a gnarly DS to wipe out the lower tier stuff

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
I read the ebook they put on their site. It was a mediocre read. Here is a quick summary if anyone is interested in what it's about but doesn't want to read the whole thing:

• Keramore Thex is an elven prince. His wife was killed by a green dragon. He is friends with the Arch Mage, Coralen, even though everyone else hates the Arch Mage. He leads a group named the Tier'Dal, which is basically the special forces of the elven armies.
  • The Combine is an alliance made up of elves, dwarves, ogres, humans, kerns, and gnomes. They have abandoned or been kicked out of most of their cities by the Ring of Scale. A large number of them found refuge in the elven city of Amaril.
  • Keramore finds out that the Ring of Scale is nearby and planning on launching an attack soon. He convinces his father, the king, to let the Arch Mage create an illusion while the members of the Combine try to escape on boats. Keramore leads the Tier 'Dal to face the Ring of Scale in an effort to distract them.
  • The Tier'Dal find the Ring of Scale army. Keramore sees the green dragon that killed his wife. He orders an attack so that he can try and get revenge. Keramore kills the green dragon. The Tier 'Dal retreat because they are heavily outnumbered.
  • The leader of the Ring of Scale, a black dragon by the name of Ithiosar, leads the chase against the remaining Tier 'Dal.
  • Keramore and his group end up in the ruins of Quin'Sari. One of his groups finds tunnels underneath the ruins. They take Keramore down a few levels and show him a Wizard Spire they have found. An amulet that Keramore's mother gave him activates the spires and a portal opens.
  • Ithiosar has found the group underneath the ruins. Keramore and Ithiosar fight for a minute while the others go through the portal. Keramore tries to close it before Ithiosar can get through, but they both end up going through. Ithiosar loses his back left foot and most of its tail after they are cut off by the portal closing. It flies off.
  • The area on the side of the portal was described as sandy, rock-strewn, black, and featureless. Keramore sends out scouts to figure out where they are.
  • The End.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yah like what's stopping a tier 1 guy from just following a tier 5 into the hole to nagafen that he just dug? I'm sure there's a system, but I wonder what it is. Technically, if you could do that, then you could 'twink' certain spells or abilities.

Like say assisting on a fire giant clear gives you access to ultimate Mage DS class, then you can walk around with a gnarly DS to wipe out the lower tier stuff
Based on some comments, they're fine with there being consequences for bad choices.

I read the ebook they put on their site. It was a mediocre read. Here is a quick summary if anyone is interested in what it's about but doesn't want to read the whole thing
Thanks for the summary, Dizzam.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Rek ?@RekMMO 1m

Build scifi, modern day stuff, fantasy. Whatever you're into #Landmark #EQNext
Expand

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Build giant penises as well?

If it's just in the EverQuest Landmark world/server, I don't really give a shit. It's basically just SoE Minecraft.