EQ Never

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagi should turn around and pitch this as an EQN television series to Sony. 100% serious:

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did they mention if all the classes will be shown before release? Or if there will be some that need to be purchased.
Fixed your sentence there for ya
wink.png
I'd be more surprised if they didn't do something like that. The 40 class system sounds perfect for using microtransactions in one of the ways players tend to find acceptable: convenience. They already said there are 8 starter classes to choose from, but the one you pick doesn't preclude you from getting the others after you start. So if you pick a Wizard but want the Druid's abilities, you can unlock the Druid through questing or you can pay $15 to unlock it immediately. That doesn't make it "pay to win," just lets you pay to get something a little quicker.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Have they mentioned any of the following or hinted at in any form: staff of temperate flux or other clickies, invis/see invis, enduring breath/swimming, levitation, SoW/selos, epic quests, bazaar/AH, item repair, charged items/recharging, gating mobs, mob summoning?
They specifically mentioned the Flowing Black Robes as an item that would be returning for nostalgia purposes. Not much more than that.

That doesn't make it "pay to win," just lets you pay to get something a little quicker.
Until you find the poopsocker that has enough money to blow on unlocking all 40 classes at once for instant godmode

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'd be more surprised if they didn't do something like that. The 40 class system sounds perfect for using microtransactions in one of the ways players tend to find acceptable: convenience. They already said there are 8 starter classes to choose from, but the one you pick doesn't preclude you from getting the others after you start. So if you pick a Wizard but want the Druid's abilities, you can unlock the Druid through questing or you can pay $15 to unlock it immediately.That doesn't make it "pay to win," just lets you pay to get something a little quicker.
OHHHH SHITTT.

/popcorn

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Have they mentioned any of the following or hinted at in any form: staff of temperate flux or other clickies, invis/see invis, enduring breath/swimming, levitation, SoW/selos, epic quests, bazaar/AH, item repair, charged items/recharging, gating mobs, mob summoning?
Well, I don't if I would call it 'levitate' persay, but the "running around the desert" video had the characters wearing Boots of the Zephyr, which let them glide through the air. Your call if you want to call that a clickie, as well.

No sign of the others yet.

althuna_sl

shitlord
There are premium classes in most MOBAS. Also the mobs in the game will probably be like those games too. Either "creeps" that you kill millions of, or big ones that you have to kill with your team.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'd be more surprised if they didn't do something like that. The 40 class system sounds perfect for using microtransactions in one of the ways players tend to find acceptable: convenience. They already said there are 8 starter classes to choose from, but the one you pick doesn't preclude you from getting the others after you start. So if you pick a Wizard but want the Druid's abilities, you can unlock the Druid through questing or you can pay $15 to unlock it immediately. That doesn't make it "pay to win," just lets you pay to get something a little quicker.
We can thank Dave Georgeson for that "Feature".

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Where is everyone getting these shitty FTP ideas from?

I'm guessing from their asses since EQ games don't do this at all right now right?

althuna_sl

shitlord
in MOBA's everyone is kind of a dps because it has to be balanced. Even ones classed as tanks or support are not far away from a pure dps.

how the progression works is more important really.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Until you find the poopsocker that has enough money to blow on unlocking all 40 classes at once for instant godmode
Which I'm sure is what SOE would be hoping for. These F2P games are primarily funded by "whales" who often spend hundreds of dollars in the e-store.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
SOE won't be selling classes. SOE is going to sell templates, various pots, various looks for your weapons and other shit. There'd be a shitstorm if they sold classes.

Also for the people bitching about Blink and ShadowStep being almost the same fucking spell. Give me a fucking break, half of the spells in any game or minor variations of the other half.

Let's play the beta when it ships and then rip it to shreds :)

Anyway, I've got to stop fucking white knighting SOE since I'm annoyed they made EQN instead of EQ3. But please stop taking crazy pills.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm torn, part of me is really disappointed that this won't actually be EQ...But part of me is pretty pumped that this seems be like the kind of Diablo, in terms of thousands of variables per gear/skill/builds that I really wanted--that and I'm pretty sold on a Pokemon game.

So from now on, this will EQ: Diablomon to me.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm torn, part of me is really disappointed that this won't actually be EQ...But part of me is pretty pumped that this seems be like the kind of Diablo, in terms of thousands of variables per gear/skill/builds that I really wanted--that and I'm pretty sold on a Pokemon game.

So from now on, this will EQ
biggrin.png
iablomon to me.
I with you buddy. EQN looks fun, OTOH, I really prefer EQ's unique classes and downtime with my combat. As pointed out EQ comba could have used a polish (basically adding in VG's OT/DT to give tanks something else to do, and healers something else to do). That with all the rest of the EQN stuff and I could have played that game for years. /mourn