EQ Never

axeman_sl

shitlord
Haven't really been following this shit and I don't care to track down the info -- is this gonna be another MMORPG with no long-term progression, like GW2, which means all real MMORPG-players quit after two weeks because there's no gaming satisfaction from continued play? And then all that's left are the ultra-casuals who aren't worth playing with and who just stay because they want to be able to feel like they have a strong, maxed-out character in an MMORPG but haven't got the time, skill or social decency to manage this in a real MMORPG? And then it goes the way of GW2 where the game completely drops off the radar after a month because it has nothing for anyone to care about or talk about once the initial hype dies down.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Haven't really been following this shit and I don't care to track down the info -- is this gonna be another MMORPG with no long-term progression, like GW2, which means all real MMORPG-players quit after two weeks because there's no gaming satisfaction from continued play? And then all that's left are the ultra-casuals who aren't worth playing with and who just stay because they want to be able to feel like they have a strong, maxed-out character in an MMORPG but haven't got the time, skill or social decency to manage this in a real MMORPG? And then it goes the way of GW2 where the game completely drops off the radar after a month because it has nothing for anyone to care about or talk about once the initial hype dies down.
To early to tell.

My magic 8-ball says wait and find out.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't really been following this shit and I don't care to track down the info -- is this gonna be another MMORPG with no long-term progression, like GW2, which means all real MMORPG-players quit after two weeks because there's no gaming satisfaction from continued play? And then all that's left are the ultra-casuals who aren't worth playing with and who just stay because they want to be able to feel like they have a strong, maxed-out character in an MMORPG but haven't got the time, skill or social decency to manage this in a real MMORPG?
Depends what you consider progression.

Is there going to be the +1000 more DPS sword dangling over you head for you to chase after? No.

But there's going to be classes, abilities, gear, and attributes to chase after.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Depends what you consider progression.

Is there going to be the +1000 more DPS sword dangling over you head for you to chase after? No.

But there's going to be classes, abilities, gear, and attributes to chase after.
Same can be said for GW2 or literally any other game that has classes and items and abilities at all. My point is that if this is gonna be another "MMORPG" where progression is depleted after two weeks and there's zero effort or prestige involved in getting the best of the best, it'll be dead after a month. If this remains to be seen, I'll just wait and see.

None of us have a clue.
Some on the boards that know some the devs may have and idea.
I don't know any of the devs, so have not got the foggiest of a clue.

Cheers.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same can be said for GW2 or literally any other game that has classes and items and abilities at all. My point is that if this is gonna be another "MMORPG" where progression is depleted after two weeks and there's zero effort or prestige involved in getting the best of the best, it'll be dead after a month. If this remains to be seen, I'll just wait and see.
Yeah, we really don't know. Tad's impression was that it would take a lot of time and effort to be the 'best' at any single class.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Good horizontal progression means some of the roles are really hard to get and take a ton of effort but that those roles don't make other roles obsolete.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQN is not going to change drastically. The only hope is that SOE decides to make EQ3 in addition to EQN and EQN/L
It will be a long time before SoE makes EQ3, if ever. And that will take new talent. The people at SoE now are pussies. They have to retire or get fired before anything like EQ3 is made.

It's funny too. Geogeson made all that fuss about EvE and then turned around and ran away from it as fast as his little feet could take him. Clinging to his panties the whole way. He doesn't have the guts to make EQ3 or anything like EvE.

I'll enjoy EQNext for a couple of months because it is different, but it won't have any challenge and nothing of consequence or memorable will happen. Because they have already committed to a face roll game. No suspense, no mystery, and no danger. That much is clear by their pathetic answers during the QandA's. A bunch of gutless wonders.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
two weeks? I give this game two days.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just have to wonder how many quests and awesome looking armor is going to be in the game. For the 10th anniversary of EQ didn't they mention there was still like 500+ quests that were never completed or found? I want more of that. Special hidden quests. Unfortunately with the invention of wowhead and all that everything will be datamined within 2seconds of launch, but it would still be amazing.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Any word if the weapons and armor are voxel also? Curious is it will degrade and change looks, also if when making weapon and armor if you can do changes to it on creation.

Farming! With the new AI, I cant wait to dig out some caves and do some Goblin or Gnoll farming! Track what they like and setup shop. Culling the group in a hidden area for myself daily or weekly depending on growth!!!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
horizontal leveling+multi classing+no rare loot+shitbricks (sorry storybricks)+raid limits+heal pots from the station store+disney cartoons=bitch slap to smed's face.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Most likely.

I mean cmon, EQ without levels? Leveling was THE best part about EQ. Finding the best spots to gain them, getting into one of those spots and running so smoothly you never want to log off, the people you meet while trying to find those spots, being terrified of traveling through the world because of the chance that you might lose them, the prestige and ability that came with them, etc. etc. Taking levels out of EQ is like taking the icing off a cake. You can try to sell it, but we all know it just won't be as sweet.

It's hard to imagine an alternative progress based approach being more fun. There's something so satisfying about seeing the level bar tick up bit by bitin a world where it can also tick down.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
two weeks? I give this game two days.
Dude, stop with the full retard. There's a bunch of authored content in the game everybody will play it for a while until those of us, like myself, get a little tired of the combat. As for EQ3, we'll see. Why make 2 games using the same art assets, when you can make three. Announce it at SOELive in 2015 after EQN releases put in Easter Eggs for E3 in EQN to keep those like me playing after they would normally quit and release in 2017 after the players have made all your buildings in Landmark.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sorry, but what even is storybricks?
A hypothetical solution to any problem you give Tad :p

And sorry SB will not stop data sites. There may be 6 ways something can go, but they will all be listed and shown on every data site.