EQ Never

Dumar_sl

shitlord
On keying for dungeons and raid zones hell yah makes it way more epic to go in. Should it be like sleepers were theres 4 dragons in the world on timers that drop 1 key...meh maybe not maybe so depends on what guild your in. One thing I really liked about eq2 was there was TONS of group stuff to do in-between raid quests. You kill raid boss X then you have to do a bunch of group stuff to get up to the point where your prepared to enter the raid zone to keep progressing the quest. It gave you something to do all day or for a few days while you were in-between raids, and it was actually challenging and fun stuff.
Yes, I love those epic key quests too. But then the girlfriend of the GM who logs in her rogue once a week can't zone in because she doesn't have the key, which means arguing and guild drama when we refuse to delay the raid for a few weeks, and the GM rage quits because he won't get his blowjob tonight otherwise.

Casuals make everything worse.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Yes, I love those epic key quests too. But then the girlfriend of the GM who logs in her rogue once a week can't zone in because she doesn't have the key, which means arguing and guild drama when we refuse to delay the raid for a few weeks, and the GM rage quits because he won't get his blowjob tonight otherwise.

Said GM sounds like a scrub. He should know his woman will want to go and auto follow his main to get tht bitch keyed or do it with another group of guildies when they are getting keyed on her character. If I was in that guild and they said no raiding for 3 weeks because my wife hasn't got keyed I would instant gquit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Exactly, that hoe needs to go.

Sythrak_sl

shitlord
I think you guys are making the AI thing overly complex. Just need to remember they're wanting to attract the lowest common denominator, and soccer mom Jane isn't going to want to run around using 50 different CC abilities. It'll probably be kept to something fairly simple.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
In EQN the hardcore will do all the initial digging into various top tier areas and casuals will follow the just made paths down because they don't want to be bothered with digging through Tier 2b. So you'll dig a tunnel to Tier 2c or break into Tier 3 and your hardworn path will suddenly fill with a bunch of casuals and sightseers. It'll be great if you've got a monk and FD is in the game, otherwise not so much.

Lammy_sl

shitlord
Should it be like sleepers were theres 4 dragons in the world on timers that drop 1 key...meh maybe not maybe so depends on what guild your in.
I was aiming more for keying al la vex thall. Promoting group things you and your guild mates could group for during the day and pieces you had to achieve as a guild to complete.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
That's what mods are for, bro. Have you got RecountFlexBarPitBullTimer addon 2.71a upgraded to the new patch yet? Can't raid unless you do.
This may be the thing I hate most about WoW. I played a couple of chars to max level after launch but before TBC. After that first run with it, I never went back mostly because I couldn't be assed to download/update 2 dozen freaking UI mods. Well, actually I hate hardcoded factions more but the point remains the same.

Drakonar

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the links, Tad.

I've scavenged a copy of Marks' bookBehavioral Mathematics for Game AIand just judging by the chapter headings, the AI field has changed quite a bit from my university days.

Reading it now and, although the book seem to be more of an inclusive look at current AI approaches, it should give me at least a foundation for "educated guesses" as to what's being used in EQN/SB.

If I come across any applicable and relevatory insight as it applies to EQN, I'll be sure to share.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This may be the thing I hate most about WoW. I played a couple of chars to max level after launch but before TBC. After that first run with it, I never went back mostly because I couldn't be assed to download/update 2 dozen freaking UI mods. Well, actually I hate hardcoded factions more but the point remains the same.
Good thing by then utilities existed that you could push a button and update your mods. Things were a bit more wild west back then though.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Thanks for the links, Tad.

I've scavenged a copy of Marks' bookBehavioral Mathematics for Game AIand just judging by the chapter headings, the AI field has changed quite a bit from my university days.

Reading it now and, although the book seem to be more of an inclusive look at current AI approaches, it should give me at least a foundation for "educated guesses" as to what's being used in EQN/SB.

If I come across any applicable and relevatory insight as it applies to EQN, I'll be sure to share.
Better yet, apply for the AI jobs at StoryBricks and get us into the beta.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Good thing by then utilities existed that you could push a button and update your mods. Things were a bit more wild west back then though.
The only thing worse than mods are hacking programs. EQN could be the bee's knees but if it allows hacking it will suck the life out of the game.

Drakonar

Molten Core Raider
Too bad I was born 30 years too early. Who knows what could have been?

Now, I'm old and atrophied, calcified brane, not even zombies will fraternize with me.

Carl_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_40016.png
What is this tweet in reference to?

Never mind, the 2 weapons per class and the skills associated issue.