EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
quick n dirty
rrr_img_42065.jpg
Good Job!

It also points out the thing I noticed first about the DE - they have girl (almond-shaped) eyes. Male eyes are rounder, Female eyes are more almondy

I don't really have any issue with the dwarves.

But the DE doesn't look anything like the concept art. So really WTF?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The DE's wouldn't be so bad if they just made them look a bit more sinister/disgruntled. Even the horns are cutesy =/
Eh, I'm guessing you can make them look more pissy in character creation.

Male dwarves look fine, the female...has the physique and posture of a baby who's just learned to stand up on its own; needs to be muscled up a bit more.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Bro, really?? Are you saying game designers have sold the fuck out and can't designworth a shitanymore? Are you saying every fucking mechanic is designed for mass accessibility and to maximize revenue streams? It can't be!

rrr_img_42068.jpg
I agree with you but I do think you can appeal to more specific groups and garner more appeal from them then just trying to get mass "meh" appeal. They talked about them being in it for the long haul (10-20 years from now). Only hardcore games thats appeal to the specific groups will last for that long. Because they aren't stealing wow's spotlight.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Ok , seriously , they actually have to have a full time mod deleting anything negative for SOE on Reddit now. That thread is not only puke worthy , it's literally nothing but SOE cock sucking in every single post.
I was subscribed to the EQN subreddit until last week. I got sick of seeing all the fucking "what I want to see in EQN" posts and all the fucktards asking about new info every couple hours.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that subreddit was created by SOE and moderated by their people. Any post that has a negative tone is immediately downvoted and the true believers jump at the chance to tell you your concerns are unwarranted.

If I want EQN infos I'll stick to these forums. At least the folks here are honest, even if most posts are negative. I'll take that over living in candyland any day.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I wonder what the DEs looked like before they did their 'dark passes' or whatever they called it when they supposedly made things gritty.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm, hoping the DEs are a matriarchy and the males are just pussy fodder. My necro was always going to be female and I'm just hoping she can't look as bad as the males. Is it possible? How the fuck can you look evil with that look? Fuck you Jake Sully for saving Pandora and unleashing the na'vi on EQ. Hopefully HEs are soon introduced and look like an unholy mix of Bieber and Adam lambert just so I can find something that looks worse than that abomination of my DEs. No wonder the Combine got their asses handed to them.

The concept art looks pretty damn nice. Glad to see it since the early looks are so bad. Plenty of time to get past Aladdin into real DE territory.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Someone really does need to tweet that concept to the art dev (the fact that we may need to point someone to their own piece of concept art as a guide to how something should look is more than a little amusing).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand the positive comments on Reddit. Who are those people? Its blowing my mind.
Didn't someone say a while ago that the reddit section for EQ:N is heavily modded to remove any negative post?

But I agree with everyone, the male dorf is ok. The other 2 are not even close to ok. The concept art is like 1000000x better then that shit posted.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Didn't someone say a while ago that the reddit section for EQ:N is heavily modded to remove any negative post?
Yeah but its a new thread and nothing has been deleted yet. The people there are attacking the negative feedback like a virus. 99% of the posts are slobbering morons.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
The Reddit crowd is just baffling. Normally that would be no big deal but that community has clearly been defined as the front-facing community to the developers. When they want to get the community's temperature on anything, they're going to Reddit first. That terrifies me.