EQ Never

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a guess when Landmark will drop?

I'm betting April 2014.

EQN seems like a huge mess of scribbled napkins right now with no clear direction except trying to be the least offensive game (bland) in the history of MMO's.

At least with Landmark I have some hope that the people not employed by SOE (us) can make a fun game/experience regardless of what SOE does.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Supposedly they're still on target for an EQN:L beta by the end of this year. Not sure at what point they'd announce otherwise when/if they realize it's untenable.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
They're hoping for EQNL release this year but who knows if they can hit that. If the framework is mostly there like they claim it is (from having scrapped the project so many times) thenmaybe, but my bet's as good as anyone else's.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The key feature of landmark wasnt part of the previous incarnations of the game, and the idea of Landmark itself only came to them less then a year ago - I'm sticking with 'winter' which means Feb-Apr for beta ... maybe invites go out in 2013 so they can claim that they met their early claims. And no way there is anything substantial like a beta for EQN itself before 2015. I'm guessing more info for it next summer leading up to some reveal and beta invites at SOE live.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
lol at this video. Ponytail clearly states the direction they're taking with contested content and pretty much insinuates that it's been already been decided for awhile. Why do they even bother having a poll? This RT shit is really really bad.

Also Omeed kinda irks me.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
lol at this video. Ponytail clearly states the direction they're taking with contested content and pretty much insinuates that it's been already been decided for awhile. Why do they even bother having a poll? This RT shit is really really bad.

Also Omeed kinda irks me.
They've said it before: It's not design by community.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Cliffnotes on what he says? I cant watch it at work but I'm bored enough to read forums.
-"a lot of people thought this question was about PvP. Oops, our bad"
-"vast majority" of game is uninstanced
-Storybricks stuff should make camping and cockblocking difficult or inefficient
-they've got "other stuff" they're planning to do to accommodate a lot of players playing in one area, but it's not in a finalized enough state for them to share yet

That's about it. I'm guessing the "other stuff" will include GW2-style where there is no penalty for ungrouped players fighting the same mobs.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I didn't think it was that bad unless you were looking at it hoping for something PVP related. It definitely implies that the world is mostly non-instanced which is good.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm honestly surprised at that. I guess we'll see how in-depth combat and other traditional gameplay elements become, but it seems like they're taking a big risk at dissuading their target audience by adding more traditional MMO elements to their world building game.

Maybe they couldn't figure out how to monetize it effectively and decided that it needed more carrots?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It features the emergent AI, combat of all varieties (ranged, spells melee) and the same name but with Landmark tied to the end. There will be some core differences I'm sure but they're starting to bleed over into each other. I'm definitely of the mindset that EQN is still in the notes-on-a-napkin phase. I know it's been announced as EverQuest Next but I wonder if they'll adjust that all. EverQuest Next seems like the platform, Landmark and whatever proper EQN is are the products being born from it.

Whatever, they've still got a couple of years before worrying about EQN's launch.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
two greasy, smug, degenerates.
I can't quite explain why , and it surprises me , but Omeed bothers me far more than Ponytail in actual videos.

Agree with him or not , Ponytail comes off ok to listen to in videos at times at least, Omeed just really is someoen I don't want to listen to or watch for
some reason.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Their polls are ridiculous.

They already know what they are doing on them , don't give a fuck what the results are , and have the canned responses from the team obviously coordinated up to show the different options.

I'd respect them much more if they quit doing this amateurish bullshjt of trying to act like these actually mean anything.