EQ Never

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is it just me or does running around in this game look like a playstation 1 RPG? Dudes sliding across the ground while high stepping.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So fans are streaming the AI panel and Sony is even promoting those streams via twitter. You mean to tell me they couldn't fucking stream this themselves instead of making us watch off angle out of focus video and muffled sound?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So fans are streaming the AI panel and Sony is even promoting those streams via twitter. You mean to tell me they couldn't fucking stream this themselves instead of making us watch off angle out of focus video and muffled sound?
The whole event has been a huge joke. Worse than usual.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Keep in mind that SOE leaning heavily on "player made content" is basically their business model for EQN.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Keep in mind that SOE leaning heavily on "player made content" is basically their business model for EQN.
You use the term 'leaning' like it's a bad thing. Some of the best experiences in gaming history have come from player made content.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Picture of the map of Antonica someone tweeted from one of the panels:

rrr_img_73791.jpg

Guessing the purple swirly thing is where Takish Hiz got nuked.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Is it just me or does running around in this game look like a playstation 1 RPG? Dudes sliding across the ground while high stepping.
Yeah that entire video showcased bad animations all around, no variation in the death animation, choppy combat, and no reactive hit animations, just stood there and got hit like nothing happened.

Voxels are good and all, the graphics / world design looks great, but those characters were as disconnected from the world as they are in rift / warhammer. Hoping it will get better, but if it is like every other game if it hasn't been fixed by now it's most likely staying. I understand it's alpha or whatever, but if they deem if good enough to show, then they are happy with it. Stuff as fundamental as character animations don't get fixed quickly / at all.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Made a post in the Landmark thread. Those videos is what Landmark plays like for me now. Laggy, choppy and floaty animations. Used to have 60+ fps, now I get 20-30. Same settings that I have used previously, not played in a few months, tried it again this weekend. Very large dip in terms of fluidity. Now it plays on my new computer the way it did on my old one. No idea what they have done, but clearly something is broken now.

If they can get it back to the way it played a few months ago, the combat would probably look a whole lot better.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Innothule doesn't look very hospitable to Troll sensibilities these days. Pretty sure that's the former location of 'Bastion'. Also looks like Rivervale should still be intact.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like theyve been setting up for the physics of liquids for quite some time now and the current client has some really rough code dealing with. All in all, just trying to get it to work like they want it to before they spend the time optimizing the code. Modifying code over and over and over and over gets messy and stream lining the current code for each iteration would just be a huge waste of time. I fully believe they will do a much better job with optimization simply because this is a flagship project and not... say, Vanguard for example. Animations on the other hand, I totally agree with Toxx. I cant believe some of you have stated how good they look so far. Shit looks terrible and like always, itll be the last thing they work on like they do in all their games. That is, if they even get around to it. Maybe theyll have a Rallying Call for Animations?!?!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So if you didnt find Landmark enjoyable its a good bet EQN will be pretty much the same thing? Looks like it , that makes me sad.
I mean I guess it depends on what part of Landmark you dislike. If you dont like building and/or digging, then that probably will have very little to do with your enjoyment of EQN. If you hate the graphics, animations, or in a few weeks, the combat, then I imagine you won't enjoy EQN much either.

If I understand this process correctly they will be adding features to Landmark as they develop them for EQN. So Landmark combat will be similar to EQN combat, Landmark AI will be similar to EQN AI, etc etc. EQN seems like it is going to be a (likely highly polished) giant Landmark claim where SOE will use Landmark tools to create the game.