EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
what is the difference between this and project 99?
Dynamic Raid Spawning to help combat the congestion seen on the P99 raid scene. Hot zones to make the grind better (and to control population flow), and of course; Velious.

I think that they should release classic; one week after the original three raid mobs die they release the planes and once CT/Inny (and maybe EoV) die they start a one month timer for Kunark. Rinse/repeat for Kunark to Velious open.

The benefits of this are that it helps keep the population focused in a smaller area while it's starting out; gives the dev's more time to fix and work on the many bugs we'll see rather than being overwhelmed with three expansions worth of shit to fix and it won't immediately trivialize 60% of all the content.

Rhuobhe

N00b
I'll wait for eqclassic. I'll be satisfied when I meditate and see the fucking book staring right into my face.

lindz

#DDs
Problem with a classic release, is that I don't know if there would be enough to actually keep a playerbase over P99. Sure a ton of people would roll on the server for the fresh starts and race to max level, but would they stay? Not sure.

The Velious release may be the best thing for this server, to differentiate itself from P99.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If eye is required to open kunark... will he hit for 179 and aoe every attack? Or will he triple for 750 ala p99?

The amount of effort/zerg that eye took pre kunark is scary.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll wait for eqclassic. I'll be satisfied when I meditate and see the fucking book staring right into my face.
This is what I would love but there has been little actual server/game updates in a while. Mainly gift card give aways...

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
everyone wants to do progression the velious @ release thing will be the nail in the coffin

people never get sick of classic/kunark/velious progression hence the begging on SoE forums for new prog server + p99 + eqclassic begging

Only people I can imagine are super exhausted by it would be the super poopsock raiders on p99 who have been doing them for years and honestly those 300 people would never leave p99 anyways with the amount of shit they have farmed there

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Welp, when this opens someone report here and let us know whether it's a jumbled buggy mess, or if it's (mostly) playable. I'll hold out on the Test server until I hear the good/bad/ugly.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Patience, still in beta for a couple of weeks wait till it launches :p
Even if online population increases by 10x or 20x or 50x the world will still be largely empty. Should have waited to introduce Velious IMO

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
lol agreed

Patience, still in beta for a couple of weeks wait till it launches :p

Large amount of patches have been applied through this week and weekend.
I'm trying to have faith in you buddy, but things aren't looking too good right now with the current plan of all three expansions being available from the get-go. And not just from the playerbase wanting "progression" type shit, but from the stance that putting all three expansions in right from the beginning means a whole lot more work for the staff to do to iron out the inevitable bugs and exploits that will be found. Not to mention the fact that so much content will go unused that a lot of bugs in lesser traveled zones won't even be found for quite awhile.

Even still, I'm trying to keep the faith and be as positive as I possibly can about the impending launch.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Thats how the server was built after all! That's why Toop was banned from p99... if only their code was open source he wouldn't have needed to use SEQ... RIGHT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.