EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camdalf_sl

shitlord
Got me and a couple of friends going to play this server when it launches. We're super pumped, let me know if any of u wanna pew pew together. 1 Week!!!!

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Friend and I will be playing again at launch. Kegz and crew have really done a great job with the server. Really looking forward to it!

Camdalf_sl

shitlord
Friend and I will be playing again at launch. Kegz and crew have really done a great job with the server. Really looking forward to it!

Hathe, are you and your friend going to be two boxing each? A friend and I have been trying to come up with a sweet 4-some if you know what I mean.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Think I'm gonna roll up a char, but I'm having trouble remembering a few things in trying to pick a class...

1. Are druids going to be too useless and too common?
2. Troll (regen, snare neck) or Ogre (stun immunity) for Shaman?
3. Which expansion makes necros decent?

cheers

1. druid can be nice for power leveling alts or porting.

2. Stun Immunity all the way

3. necros are always decent! (and somebody should level one for corpse summons either way ;p)

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Druids are pretty much only used for power leveling and porting, as flunk mentioned. If you enjoy the class, go for it. Druids are fun to play.

My friend and I will be dual boxing, yes. I played Skyshroud / Behemoth (mage/necro) on our first go-round on the server. We're switching back to our classics. I'll be playing a warrior/chanter, friend will be a cleric/rogue. Brutal 4some, only downside is sow / ports.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I`m in...find p99 to bloated with twinks it would be nice to have a fresh start

I'm pretty sure there is a pet exp penalty, at least there was on enchanter when I was poking around on that.

I think you have to do 50% damage to get full exp.

I forget, kegz probably knows or can ask on the epicemu forums.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty sure there is a pet exp penalty, at least there was on enchanter when I was poking around on that.

I think you have to do 50% damage to get full exp.
Whoa- really?? That's crazy. If your pet does more than 50% damage you get an exp penalty??

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
It certainly wasn't the Velious era setup. I recall this was changed pretty quick after people realized how ridiculous it was.

This is what I found with a quick search.

It seems you always lost exp even during velious, just where the benchmark was shifted a little.

It's most likely the new way because they have been setting everything for velious.

This archive from during velious time frame discusses the differences between classic and velious from the eq admins.

http://web.archive.org/web/200206151...ML/000594.html

Either way, not a huge deal, just group or box to get rid of the penalty and enjoy some velious fun.

Velks lab music is fun to exp insmile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.